F/A-18 Hornet (Legacy): History, Performance & Discussion

Again, there’s no real rhyme or reason for why I specifically want the early A-model Hornet so much.
I just kinda… do

It’s probably gonna end up as an event vehicle or something later down the line

1 Like

The EF-18M is literally 100% a Legacy Hornet airframe.

1 Like

F/A-18A basic after F-14A Early and F-14B but before F-14D

USN F/A-18C hybrid late 90’s & early 2000’s After F-14D

But Legacy Hornet single-seat or dual-seat from United States Marine Corps (USMC) located to strike aircraft line after AV-8B+ ?

VMFA 115 was my squadron during 21-23

1 Like

AIM-174B is only for the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet, not the legacy F/A-18C/D.

CUDA never went beyond full scale mockup.

JATM is under development, and there are very limited information about it.

Please read my post once more.

The designation EF-18M/C.15M does not means they made another distinguishable variant other than Legacy Hornet and Super Hornet. The suffix “M” is a very common one, as seen in the case of the F-16AM.

Consistently making unsupported claims to others and ignoring counterarguments is not acceptable, and I have no choice but to take necessary action if this behavior is repeated.

9 Likes

What about early F/A-18A?
Maybe 12.3, after F-14A, but before F-14B
Early hornets used ALR-45

I want an AIM-9L and AIM-7F F-18A, would be perfect for 12.7 - 13.0.

1 Like

With 9H and 7F at 12.3 will be better

9L should be banned for anything above 12.0

I don’t even think Hornets had AIM-7F, seeing as the 7M entered service sometime in 1982 before even the Marines got the Hornet (they got it around 1983-1984)

1 Like

13.3.*
But yes, 13.3 needs some extra decompression by 0.3.

im laughing at the fact that you think that the fully equipped f18c could be the same br as the mig29smt

What

while being the same br (13.3) as the mig29smt or even LOWER while doing everything it does, but doing it better.

3 Likes

Ngl I kinda forgot I made that comment lol

And yeah, I’ve never been too good at predicting/idealizing BRs for planes

1 Like

cant even put that one on you, russian jets just seem so watered down ingame that its hard to imagine practical brs for the usa’s ones comparatively. its hard to imagine a jet’s br when theres nothing you can put it against really

1 Like

When maximum was 13.0, whats wrong?
Comment was made before decompression.

2 Likes

For me, F/A-18C from USN at 13.7 BR

still, even then putting the f/a-18c 0.3 br above that is… a very silly idea… it has very good dogfighting performance, very VERY good bvr capability and so many more advantages. some serious decompression is needed before the super hornet is added imo…

And have biggest weakness - speed
Bruh