F-4S Phantom II should get AIM-9L

The AIM120 was tested on a prototype of the F14D. The FCS of the production F14D was rumored to support the AIM120, but the Navy chose to retrofit the JDAM for the F14 rather than purchase the newly designed AIM120 pylon.

Heatblur corporation says it’s possible.
I know wing pylons have their own cooling bottles cause this was discussed in regards to the BOL pods being cooling-line compatible [they are].

And I’d be willing to bet that if a manual mentions the wing bottles that it’s possible.

The center-line likely doesn’t have cooling bottles cause they’re AIM-7s which don’t require them.
However, AIM-54s clearly do so they needed their own cooling bottles for the center-line whereas the wing-mounted AIM-54s could just use the bottles already there.

They will never do it. Its a vehicel which can only be received with real money. Change a such a plane so it gets better is not possible because you only paid 70 dollars and not 75 (which would be the price of it) Since the F20 was added as a 12.0 plane they won’t bring out a new premium phatom.

Interesting, there was limits for 2000lb Jdam, like we have for GBU-24 in game?

The Former USN Avionics Tech who was on VF-41 and posted in ED forum says one 18-gallon pump/reservoir (in the station 3/6 AIM54 fairing) supplies coolant to all Phoenix.

Heatblur is doing a great job, but either way the loadout is wrong and I need to post a bug report along with the manual.

As for coolant in glove pylons, I’m sure it is mentioned in the old flight manuals and will post what it said in the F-14 topic when I am lucky enough to get it.

I got news for you

i know that for 9ls, but r60ms regardless of how close are one flares

I might believe no problem if Rb 98 (IRIS-T) replace Rb 74(M) for swedish Gripen C at 13.7 BR

But JAS39 Gripen A battle rating lower Gripen C

PS-05A replace by PS-05A Mk 3 radar for JAS39 Gripen C only this year

But Mirage 2000D-R1 only decrease to 12.0 BR in Air RB & Air SB

1 Like

F-15A Baz change medium-range Air-to-Air Missile AIM-7F replace AIM-7M because nerf, lose AIM-9M and roll back radar to AN/APG-63

Iris-t not needed now

And? It without amraams now

MM2 at good base not for 12.0, when theres stuff like a F-4 and other planes without IRCCM missiles

Both missiles are literally same in the game

2 Likes

Rb 74(M) replace with Rb 98 in 2025 or Q1 2026

Decrease BR to 13.3 but remove Rb 74(M) from JAS39 Gripen A

In fact Magic 2 with IRCCM feature, but Mirage 2000D-R1 carries 2 Magic II only

No problem BR 12.3 for Mirage 2000C-S4 & Mirage 2000C-S5

Or nerf AIM-7F worse AIM-7M Sparrow 4% or 5%

F-15A Baz shoot enemy MiG-23 with AIM-7F

2 guaranteed kills is noe enough? Or what?

It still very good dogfighter.

Then lets put F-16A there for example?
Which is compitent opponent for M2K C

What are you even saying? whats your point?

Sorry, but not F-15J

what do you even mean? huh??

Currently there is zero functional difference ingame with how the Aim-7F and 7M preform. They are the exact same in the files.

F-14B in armament? What?

Did I miss the EJ Kai getting Fox-3s or something, or are you just nostalgic about personal experiences in an aircraft meaning it must be good again? In that case, the VB-10 is the best aircraft in the game because I manage well in it!

1 Like

Oh, youre dying to phoenixes or what?