F-4S Phantom II should get AIM-9L

I don’t hate rank VII premium jets that much, but hate the players primarily, not the premium aircraft themselves.

Whatever, F-4S, F-4Junk moving to 12.0 without AIM-9L would be completely unplayable so, it should get lower BR or gets AIM-9Ls and stay at 12.0BR.

But that F-4S move to rank VIII before F-20A Tigershark

Gaijin give AIM-9L on F-4J(UK). new BR at 11.7 (Air RB & Air SB) and move to rank VIII before MiG-21 Bison

read the resr of the sheet and you’ll see that the meta will stay about the same

And the F-4EJ KAI will go to 12.7

1 Like

The problem is that when the Navy Phantom and British Phantom get full up tier games, they will suffer as they did when the top BR was 12.3.

Gripen A has room to go to 13.3BR because it would be insane af if it goes 13.0BR, but will be worse than it is now, as M4K and MiG-29G may continue to sit at 13.0BR.

At this point F-4EJ Kai should gets AIM9Ms or AAM3 if they going to 12.7BR.

It would be F-15J with F-4 airframe.

1 Like

I expect new BR at 11.7 (Air RB) only and gaijin add AIM-9L on F-4J(UK) Phantom F.3 & F-4M Phantom FGR.2 except F-4K Phantom FG.1

USN F-4S increase lock range AIM-7F to 65km and change to 12.0 BR for Air AB. but move to rank 8 before F-20A ?

I need gaijn remove R-27E (R-27ER1 & R-27ET1) from MiG-29G and decrease BR to 12.3 (Air AB, Air RB & Air SB) only

JAS39 Gripen A great fighter aircraft 13.0 BR if 4x Rb99 replace Rb71 (DF) but lose Rb 74(M)

What? AIM-9Ls would not make the F-4S “unbearably overpowered”. It already has SARHs it can use in a headon, which are already harder to defeat than an AIM-9L. Your comparison with the F-16C is a CRAZY display of mental gymnastics. The MiG-21 Bison is way better than the F-4S would be with AIM-9Ls, in all ways except amount of missiles.

I’ll go thru your statements 1 by 1
For one, no. It would not be “worse” than the bison. It would be a better sustained dogfighter, a better missiles bus, a better overall aircraft. My comparison to the F-16C is due to it being one of only 2 HMD 9L carriers in the USA tree.

You say this as is an HMD AIM-9L is some potent weapon that people cant deal with already. It has no IRCCM, and will only find good use in the rear aspect, where it already has AIM-9Gs.

How is a MiG-21 gonna lose a dogfight against an F-4?

there is also the fact that it would be better or at the very least equal to the f4ej kai at a lower br

2 Likes

Sustained dogfight. I doubt that you have experience with the MiG-21, but its energy retention is legitimately awful

It is actually worse lmao.

Unless you bring max fuel + drop tank, MiG-21 bison would win against F-4s at dogfighting.
Even flight model was nerfed, it is still decent dogfighter atm.

You mean x4 AIM-9L + x4 AIM-7F is better than x2 R-73 + x2 R-27s? Really???
The AIM-7F is still dodgable, albeit harder than before, and given the performance of the R-27s and R-73s, it is probably equivalent at best.

Depends on your playstyle.

IMO, MiG-21 bison is a pretty decent counterpart to the M2K C-S4/C-S5 given its missiles, avionics, and flight performance, and both aircraft are better in many ways than the Navy Phantom.

1 Like

You just arent making a point. Yeah, it doesn’t have energy retention, but realistically, a dogfight between the two wouldn’t have enough time for that to be an issue. If the MiG-21 pilot is bad enough to allow the fight to go on long enough for him to lose all of his energy, he didnt play the fight to his strengths, and because he doesn’t do that, would have lost in ANY other plane as well.

f4 can now

dawg WHAT? r60ms have just about zero flare resistance

2 Likes

Then the EJ Kai goes to 13.0+ and nothing changes.

9Ls and R-60Ms have better flare resistance than the rear aspect missiles, not really noticable but you can flare missiles that are way closer if they’re like an AIM-9J or G, but if its too close, the AIM-9L or R-60M will still hit you.

You really think F-4EJ Kai(current loadouts ofc) should have same BR with F-16AJ and F-14B that is waaays better with almost every points?

1 Like

Yes, but thats clownie system, at least how gaijin impemented that