F-22 Raptor

Not a prototype.an untouched photo…just save the 5500x3700 photo and open it in the viewer…

Spoiler

181014-F-UN009-0003.zip (2.6 MB)

1 Like

Hey I know that place… Langley AFB it’s where I’m at rn.

1 Like

He’s going to conveniently ignore the same exact issues with panel gaps, fasteners, rust, degrading RAM on the F-22 and then say the Su-57 isn’t stealth for these same reasons lol

3 Likes

Love how a thread on the F-22 gets hijacked by Su-57 cope lords

8 Likes

Everything discussed thus far related to the F-22 and is productive discussion… Except for your pointless comment. Let’s keep it civil.

1 Like

No, its quite on point for you and BBCRF to feed into drama, leading threads off point. Much like the long whinging about “AMRAAM bad” “R-77 better” have been proven wrong time and again.

Derailing the thread on the F-22 to further whine about the Su-57s dubious RCS is entirely off topic.

7 Likes

Discussion of performance is irrelevant without fair comparison, run along unless there is something productive to add

The Su-57 is far from a “fair comparison”

Should at least bring up the J-20 and F-35 before you run along.

1 Like

Su-57 is the direct competitor tactically, whereas F-35 is built for different purpose and J-20 is an asymmetric threat

Not remotely, there is no tactical competitor to the F-22, it is the only one of its kind, but certain aspects can be compared better with the J-20 or F-35.

The Su-57 barely qualifies as reduced RCS, and is not a relevant threat outside its IADS irl, in WT it will get thrashed by any true 5th gen. Unless of course you somehow get into a guns only dogfight, then it still loses to the F-22.

1 Like

Su-57 is traditionally for the USSR/Russia is an air defense fighter…Have you installed at least Link-16 on the F-22???.In 2021, the Su-57M made its first flight, so all the others will be in serial production of the Su-57M standard…

yes, all 12 Su-57s

The F-22 is an ultra-low RCS, super-cruising, air superiority platform that is fully capable of operation outside an IADS.

The Su-57 is a supersonic archer, good for long shots, and defensive asymmetrical air warfare.

I did not say that AMRAAM is bad

There were 12 serial ones in 2022…
Why did you decide that it was created as a fighter to gain air superiority (So for some reason everyone thinks in the West, maybe an export option was designed)…For Russia, air defense is always in the first place, and then everything else…Accordingly, Russia has no plans to increase the Quantitative composition of the Air Force, only the qualitative one with the transition to new types…Therefore, Aviation is not the main branch of the armed forces as in the United States, it is an integrated system for defense…
Therefore, all the “chips” of the integrated air defense system are installed on the Su-57…

Spoiler

Source: made it up

1 Like

Radar absorbing coatings are typically only applied prior to deployment for active squadrons.

Because they are prohibitivelyexpensive, you will get various pictures of aircraft without any paint or coating in various stages of development and service life, as the aircraft can still be used for testing/training purposes without the coatings in place.

This philosiphy doesn’t only apply to aircraft and stealth coatings, militaries all over the world are always trying to save money during peacetime by reducing wear and tear on very expensive equipment and save it for when it is actually needed.

8 Likes

Frankly the F-22 is a complete failure of an aircraft and I have no idea why it has so many fans… people sure buy into propaganda I guess.

Comparing it to a Swordfish it turns considerably worse, it’s slower (the Swordfish is easily over 100mph faster when the Raptor is on the runway) and that’s even when carrying a torpedo which the Raptor can’t even do to begin with. The F-22 doesn’t even have a tail gunner last I checked or a navigator.

Being made out of canvas and chewing gum it’s also considerably more stealthy and the small stoat powering the engine doesn’t let out any heat so it’s immune to heatseekers.

Unlike the (c)Raptor the Swordfish never has software issues neither unless the crew start bickering.

9 Likes

oh my gawd the f-35 looks fckn UGLY from the front

1 Like

wait what?
i dont recall anything like this broski. Raptor is still top dawg

true

F-22 has IRST???

No its a MAWS sensor. However the Americans are debating potentially integrating an IRST into the UV MAWS system.

But they’ve also looked at other options to integrate IRST. So far its not fully been done but its planned for the near future.