F-16C Block 50: The More The Merrier!

im gonna tell you a secret but no F-16 in US service had chute by design

As far as I know the only F-16s to use drag chutes were Norway’s because they wanted more reliable braking on icy runways

Turkey, Israel,Greece and other F-16 users are also using Drag Chute on their F-16’s.

The thing is its a simple modification can be apply to F-16 and all models should be compatible if im not mistaken.

So why not add it to Block-50 in this case?

If the us didnt use it then they shouldnt have it. If you dont care about historical accuracy then you can just land on the belly, its faster than a drag chute anyways.

Historical accuracy huh?

İn case you didnt noticed many vehicles are not compeletly historical.

So lecturing me about bein against fictional accuracy is quite funny i must say.

Why are your "i"s wrong?

Arresting wires on runways would make this issue disappear.
Hopefully we get that as a feature in the future.

1 Like

Want to go down that road? Lets begin then.

German F4F never used Aim-9J.

US F5C never used Countermeasures.

German MİG29 never used R27ER.

Strv-121-122 never fired DM33, Ariete AMV never fired DM53.

Many prototypes didnt actually fired ammunution or managed to past requirement tests yet here they are.

So yea your lecture about how US F-16 shouldnt get Drag Chute cause its not historical is funny and waste of time.

That would be pretty cool

Your response was a waste of time my man since i knew about all of those already. Somehow drag chute seems like a pretty dumb reason to go ahistorical to me though.

That would require significant amount of work compare to adding Drag Chute to Block-50.

Although i would like to see better airfields design with those abilities.

Why? They could just add wires as they have on the carriers

Sure if thats what you want it.

Anyway seems like this situation is dead end for now.

Yeah well sure lets agree to disagree on the chute. But they wont add it so… but i dont think it would require much work to add wires to the runway

Unless they actually model those wires with proper phyics then yea it will be simple.

But those wires usually used for emergency landing not for regular ones, so to think that Gaijin will think about adding it is less likely to happen.

I dont remember how they look when you use them tbh. If its only for emergency it might be unnecessary. Belly landing is very efficient

İts is but unless im in a hurry i prefer to land with realistic style so i prefer to Drag chute instead of emergency landing wires.

1 Like

Me too, feels bad to damage such a beautiful plane!

1 Like

Exactly.

And also cutting landing distance significant amount is always nice compare to long boring landings.

Two bads doesn’t make a good, I’d prefer all of these unhistorical issues to be fixed myself.