F-16C Block 50: The More The Merrier!

No offense but F-4E would be better off without 9L
Such missiles would cause it to get higher BR and with non-PD radar it will make it kind of useless in top tier

6 Likes

will we see a HMD sight for the F-16C block 50?
It has that feature in real life

edit: @FirstDagger sorry for pinging you, wrong reply :(

2 Likes

Hope so, from the armament (early F-16CJ Block 50 didn’t allow for TGP) and livery this basically is the same Block as the DCS F-16CM Block 50 Viper and she has JHMCS.

it late block 50s. F-16CM Block 50.

Make me wonder what AIM-7 it will get 7P?
Since 7M kinda suck compare to R-27ER
Because if it still use 7M there is nothing special about this apart from CAS abilities

3 Likes

AIM-7s for it are wrong from the get to, the new radar of the Block 50 F-16s is missing the CW illuminator wich is a needed part for a radar to use AIM-7 missiles

1 Like

Well i know it wrong it should get AIM 120 instead but since gaijin declared it too advanced (again) then it should get better AIM-7

1 Like

Not needed, later aim-7F can be illuminated by Pulse Doppler, tested as well. AIM-7M should be able too.

1 Like

it was able to guide aim 7’s

J8F Lost the Aspide and Kurnass 2000 lost the AIM-7F for the exact same reason so it’s probably getting corrected

2 Likes

if they really wanna push it out with AIM-7 im hoping for AIM-7MH/P blk 2

pretty sure the MH is a navy missile

i know it is, its just not very different to 7p blk 2 thats why i treat them as one missile

The F16C block50 cannot launch sparrows, and the US Air Force’s F16C block50 has not been equipped with sparrows; This is just like J-8F cannot be equipped with PL-11, we must request F16C block50 to remove the configuration of Sparrow and provide it with a 6 * 9M mounting plan until the arrival of AIM120; If gaijin insists on adding AIM7 to F16C, I think we should also let J8F get PL11, otherwise it would be absolutely unfair!

5 Likes

I am talking about your demand for a Block 40. If we got that instead of Block 50, then we would need to get Block 50 at a later point, which would be an additional F16 to grind. Most people really wouldn’t want that.

For your information, APG-68 can indeed guide later aim-7F variants and maybe 7m. This is just Gaijin holding it back until the arrival of AMRAAM.

5 Likes

very unspecific to call it APG-68 since Block 50/52 gets V5
and APG-68 has like 7 or 8 modifications

(and the pic the F16 fires a magic)

2 Likes

it mean that APG-68 and later variant can indeed guide AIM-7

Those who can’t fire SARH gets AIM7,
those who can fire ARH don’t even get an Aspide.
Nice double standard, Gaijin.

2 Likes

The Block 50’s can’t in their introductory US config, they began production in October '91, Sparrow refit capability was certified mid '92.

F-16 AIM-7 timeline

4 Likes