F-16 Fighting Falcon: History, Performance & Discussion

The F-16C was equipped to use AIM-7s

The AJ will be removed when a replacement is available, no such plans exist for the 141.

Numerous Russian aircraft that have been in the game are equipped irl to mount thermals. Only one has them in-game. You’re not making any logical arguments.

1 Like

The same could be said about various aircraft, looking solely for examples from the US Tech tree;

The B-57B (standing in for the B-57B’s that were remanufactured for use as B-57G Tropic Moon III airframes) is missing the SHED LIGHT LLTV, Laser Designator and Pave Gat.

F-4C (standing in for the F-4D) is missing the Pave Light designator & Pave Knife TGP

The F-4E is missing the Pave Spike & Pave Tack pods.

The F-16A, the ATLIS II TGP.

The F-16C; LANTIRN / Sharpshooter, various configurations of the LITENING and SNIPER ATP.

A-10A Late (A-10A+) the LITENING TGP.

F-14A (not being arbitrarily held to the '78 SAC configuration even though it has the 3d model of a Block -130 from at least '83) with the LITENING TGP.

AV-8B+ with SNIPER ATP.

It would be just as easy to start a similar thing about the conspicuous lack of Large caliber HE rockets outside the Soviet Tree; its not as if HE warheads for the various families of 2.75", 5" and larger rockets don’t exist, let alone how the current modeling of HEAT warhead has them underperforming significantly in terms of fragmentation / blast radius, when directly compared to their HE counterparts or the arbitrary lack of the APAM warhead for the APKWS II, even though there are two HE warheads available.

Or the lack of modeling of Western A2G radar capabilities even though Helicopters and select aircraft (like the Su-39 and German event Tornado IDS have them partially modeled), Strike airframes like the Skyraider, A-4, A-7, & F-111A could really use TFR, Radar CCRP, and MTI modes to be more widely implemented for applicable aircraft.

6 Likes

Its “different”

;)

F-4C is missing AIM-7E only

F-4D seperate fighter aircraft from F-4C but not sure armament 1973 with AN/AVQ-10 Pave Knife pod (11.0) or mix 73’s & mid 80’s (11.7) with AN/ASQ-153 Pave Spike pod

F-16A Block 15 OCU from RTAF only equipped ATLIS II pod

The F-16C Block 50 change new targeting pod by Sniper XR, missing JDAM (GBU-31(V)1/B & GBU-38(V)1/B) and GBU-54 Laser JDAM

F-16A Block 20 MLU missing Sharpshooter & Pathfinder, Paveway II LGB (GBU-10 & GBU-12) and AGM-65G-2

F-4E is missing AN/ASQ-153 Pave Spike and GBU-10C/B Paveway I Laser Guided Bomb

F-4E ANG 80’s with AN/AVQ-26 Pave Tack pod

A-10A+ with AN/AAQ-28(V) Litening II TGP, modern HUD and GBU-12 LGB. A-10A+ in folder with A-10A Late

F-14A late model with LANTIRN AN/AAQ-14 TGP, AIM-7M Sparrow, AIM-54C Phoenix, Paveway II LGB (GBU-10, GBU-12 & GBU-16) & GBU-24 Paveway III LGB like F-14B but different engine (Pratt & Whitney TF30-P-414A) and light airframe

AV-8B+ 2023 model with AIM-9X Blk II, AIM-120C, JHMCS, JSOW, APKWS II and Litening G4 TGP

F-14B missing AIM-9M & AIM-9M-8

1 Like

Yes, but the lack of CMs (Or the AAQ-8 IRCM pod) make the F-4C in particular awkward to balance. I think the best way forward would be to replace it at a higher BR with the F-4D and alter stores availability as needed to make it stable at 10.3 ~ 10.7.

If a lower BR US F-4 was needed, either implement the F-110A or F-4B to avoid a gap.

Operationally yes, but it was tested on FSD #2, so could be implemented the same way since there aren’t massive changes between the F-16A-1 through -10 configuration.

They are missing a massive number of potential ordnance & stores options, even if restricted to only those that only saw service. Its weird that some items like the Sparrow seem to get a free pass and was added to the US airframes even though it was only ever done on test articles and the -15ADF in service, and its likely that the Block 50 (especially with the configuration (circa 2006) we have in game) doesn’t retain the software since the AMRAAM has superseded it. and yet things like the PIDS+ will be unique to the French -15AM even though it was reported and properly sourced.

2 Likes

This amount of completely unwise suggestions that makes the game significantly worse as a whole and has already ruined for example british ground and all mig29 is really stupid

It both makes it objectively worse since those vehicles now have to rely purely on their equipment (stock) and makes the whole tree less interesting as a whole.

No the equipment currently placed on all planes is actually well balanced for needs of a tree and game (outside of aforementioned mig29) the only plane that should probably get upgrade is one of the spey phantoms (so they are not exactly the same - also fix their modification tree)

2 Likes

I disagree, it makes sense to me for these early 4th gen to get their classic loadouts, 80s mig29 without r73 and early f16 without aim9m seems just incomplete and wrong. Imo it also doesn’t make late planes less interesting because those will get fox3 missiles and better radars, which will be way more relevant now that hugging to the ground won’t be that efficient anymore.

Isn’t the F-15 overperforming in thrust ? I’ve heard a lot about full reheat mode.

1 Like

I haven’t looked at that, they use 102% trim, though. It should come close to the sustained turn charts but you’re free to check acceleration.

1 Like

Sustained turn charts are all at 97.7% trim. Not 102% so should be slightly higher than the actual charts.

2 Likes

That’s why I said it comes close, gaijin modeled the aircraft for 102% trim if I recall what they said about the reports.

1 Like

Kind of a burning question I’ve had relating to a hyper-specific variant of the F-16C:
Supposedly, a few early-production C Block 30s still retained the smaller intake of the F-16A/B (including all of the F-16Ns used by the USN/USMC for adversarial work). Were any of these ever upgraded with better weaponry/equipment throughout their service life while maintaining the smaller intake, or was it replaced by the more standard larger intake for the F110-powered Vipers?

(It’s a variant I’d really want to see in-game lol)

2 Likes

Should the F-16AM have radar HMD slaving? Having trouble finding info for it. Also equipping the PIDS+ pylons does some funky stuff with the radar, specifically TWS. Is this expected?

TISEO for the F4E in the US tree (it’s currently only on the Kurnass 2000.) Would be kinda difficult to balance (but also incredibly funny) if gaijin gave it the ability to have radar locks slave to it.
CAA mode for the F4E’s radar (basically like a worse version of MTI that filters from a set list of preset radar contacts)
the ability to carry 4x sidewinders and 2 mavericks on the same pylon (only the F4F in the german TT can do that)
The AIM-54C’s smokeless motor
AIM-26/AIM-4 Falcon

and the list goes on

2 Likes

TISEO for F-4E Block 53 or Block 58 ?

AN/APQ-120(V)-10/-11 radar from F-4E Block 58 1986’s which added a CAA mode

I found F-4E Block 58 with AN/APQ-120(V)-10/-11 radar

AIM-54C from F-14B ?

2 Likes

Something is really bothering me:

Early f16s got 13.0 Br while early mig29s 12.7, while the fulcrum fm sucks compared to the Viper, It has the r27er which is much more relevant for the meta.

What is gaijin thinking? Why can’t they remove the r27er from the mig29 and give it r73s? F16 with sparrows at such a high Br while its countrrpart gets much better radar missiles is wrong and unfair af.

2 Likes

Yes

yeah the F-4E in the US tech tree is a mess. It has the GBU-15V TV bomb and was only able to be used on DMAS (Digital Modual Avionics Suit) Phantoms.
Also from what research ive done, All DMAS phantoms had TISEO. Ive never seen or heard of a DMAS F-4E without TISEO.

3 Likes

Fox-3s don’t seem to appear on the radar screen when you fire them (F-16C). Is this a bug or is it realistic