F-16 Fighting Falcon: History, Performance & Discussion

you can its just that you cant lock on to them

I’m talking about the indicators for my own fox-3s, like when they go active (the lines). In sim atleast, they don’t show up on the f16c. But on most other aircraft they do

ohhh yeah I noticed that in Air RB. They do for the F-14 Aim-54 but not the F-16

1 Like

I doubt a long time ago would be F-4E from Block 49 or Block 53 in 1970 or 1979

In my opinion, F-4E in USA tech tree from 70’s before GBU-15(V)1/B bomb service 4 years

Ah, I think F-4E from USA tech tree lack TISEO and DMAS (Digital Modual Avionics Suit), so remodel F-4E for third major update or fourth major update this year

3 Likes

The F-16 was indeed capable of the Cobra and could perform it successfully with some modifications to enhance pitch-down control at higher AoA.

Source

2 Likes

Does anybody know why the Belgian F-16AM in War Thunder only has HMCS functionality for FOX-2s and not the Radar?

C-P issue

I would not abbreviate that.

6 Likes

Recently, I’ve been thinking about F-16 models for both the US and foreign operators that could potentially be added in the future.

For the US, I had two ideas, but unfortunately both could be seen as either TT bloat, or copy + paste. For the foreign-operated ones, a majority would just fit within sub trees as copy + paste as well (aka all of the Thai F-16As).

The two I want to see for the US: Early F-16C Block 30 (mentioned way too many times before), and the F-16A Block 15 OCU (though a standard Block 15 would be kind of cool to see, as well)

2 Likes

F-16A block 10 is overperforming in energy retention

3 Likes

Something i havent seen mentioned, western jets are falling further and further behind on targetting pod tech ingame with each updates it seems. All western jets besides france seem to be limited to at best the LITENING II TGP (gen 3 FLIR irl, gen 2 in-game (again) after gaijin “fixed” it), it notably has atrocious zoom as well.

There exists better TGP’s irl for western jets that are period appropriate to the TGP’s fielded by France and China for example.

• LITENING ER (2001)
  • LITENING AT (2003)
  • LITENING G4 (2008)
  • SNIPER ATP (2001)

This would match the DAMOCLES (2009) pod from the french (by FAR the best fast jet TGP in-game) and the chinese pod on the JH-7A/upcoming J-10A (not sure exactly when their pod went into service, but it was in the 2000’s), as well as the zoom capability seen on some of the russian jets, such as the Su-25’s, and the upcoming Su-24, along with the optics on some russian missiles, namely the Kh-29’s (granted some dont have thermals)

And for those that think the current western pods are fine and the change wouldnt be a big deal, here is the LITENING II vs the DAMOCLES in-game:
LITENING II:

DAMOCLES:

Notice, the DAMOCLES TGP allows you to positively ID a tank in thermals, at ~13km, the LITENING II can barely identify a house at that range…

Maybe ill make a dedicated TGP post in the near future

Edit: they seem to have fixed the LITNENING II, its a lot better now.

3 Likes

Bug report:

F-16C missing SADL

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/vgZoidxjgwWM

2 Likes

Gib Sniper pod for A-10C for now and then gib it to everybody a patch later

1 Like

Can anyone also help this bug report to be bumped so Gaijin would notice this in the future patch fix?
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/DVJcVehVcvaM

2 Likes

Sadly, this variant service 2 years (Air National Guard). but EF-18A+ Hornet from SASF equipped Litening ER targeting pod

F/A-18C/D from USMC and Finnish (MLU 2 standard) supply this variant

A-10C for Air National Guard serviced used Litening G4 in 2008 ~ 2013

F-16AM/BM MLU (RDAF & FAA) supply Litening G4

Very popular targeting pod until now

USAF service A-10C, F-15E & F-16C, Harrier GR.9/GR.9A (RAF) and export operators equipped Sniper XR

Since AIM-7 has no topic of its own on the new forum:

Bug report about changing the warhead of AIM-7M to the improved WAU-17 from the current WAU-10:

AIM-7F/M warhead and diameter:

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/s9NTFiWXA3ls

2 Likes

@Giovanex05 so i assume we will never get a fix for any of the aircraft ? Right ? I’m disappointed

They come up with new excuses regularly now for why they don’t want to adjust the flight performance. Internally they simply stated they didn’t feel like adjusting old FM’s in regards to the F-5 series but that wasn’t a good enough excuse. So instead - they simply stated they believe the tertiary Russian sources over the NATOPS. Crazy.

It is just an arcade game, people need to understand that and take it to heart.

5 Likes

It seems so. Could probably try one more time at a bit lower AoA and a bit higher speed (like 20degree AoA or something) but I’ve other projects that I’d like to spend time on right now that don’t require bug reporting. One of them is looking into engine fuel consumption, because one of the many reasons some planes feel shit is because we are taking too much fuel with them.

4 Likes

Bug report :

F-16C: APG-68 missing GMTI, GMTT, SSS, SST modes:

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/IsQzIUqd2Mvk

2 Likes