F-16 Fighting Falcon: History, Performance & Discussion

Oops, you are right, my bad

Show me an F-16 with bombs on station 5 please

Do practice shapes(inert Special weapons simulators) count? and anyway, as shown in the SACs it is cleared for carriage (for the F-16A) so is a possible loading, not that they would IRL due to fuel weight and survival being a concern so other stores would be preferentially carried let alone non-precision / area stores.

it’s the same reasoning as to why the F-4E can carry 3x AN/SUU-16 or -23 gunpods, even though with the -4E there was an internal gun added so there would be limited reasons to do so.

please provide some pictures

Do you have some reason to doubt primary documentation?

I dont doubt the documents, but you arent providing any proof beyond your own words

Station 5 Jamming pod:

1 Like

F-16-Almost never fly without an Outboard fuel tank or an Outboard EW container …
Also, for example, there is One photo of the MiG-23MLD with the R-13M1 missile and Two photos with the R-73 …
Also don’t forget that General Dynamics is the general contractor for Mk.82 bombs…
Nevertheless…

Spoiler

3 Likes

why is the AIM-9 pylon so ‘bulky’?

But he literally posted a primary source? That isn’t his ‘word’ that’s the USAF.

Just because a picture is hard to find doesn’t mean its impossible.

It’s part of various fleet’s modernization plans and contains towed decoy(s)
other modifications to the various wing stations include
PIDS, which adds another 3x CM dispensers per wing

and a later variant which incudes a Missile launch warning system

Guess it’s not final

Hopefully soon they’ll update instructor so they can make it fully unstable and properly model deep stalls / departures.

Like you pointed before, they would wait till the update to make some changes, hopefully we’ll se more fixes.

1 Like

Good to see the early block F-16s finally preforming as expected on dev, they handle like a dream now without bricking up like they used to at high speeds.

They are already doing this, flight models changed on previous patch.

You need to catch up.

I take it you haven’t flown the F-16As on dev yet then, its night and day from live right now with their overall performance, and I expect a lot of salt from Mig-29 players on live when they realize how different the early F-16s handle now.

The C is still about the same but has a bit more pointing power now than live.

Oh yeah, and the F-16AJ is just something else in it’s entirety now, its crazy.

tested rn and apparently it’s sustaining a bit less compared to live, it’s a liiiiiiiiitle worse now in 2C fights but nothing spectacular. Let’s wait till the next week to see if they’ll change more stuff

There is no major changes for flight model in dev server right now.

All datamines shows they did some little tweaking to flight model which should nerf it little bit.

Currently F-16’s are busted against anything in this game right now and A versions are even better then C and D model in most cases.

İts obvious you either never flew with F-16 on current Live server or you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Also not just Mig29’s players but all other nations are salty because of how F-16’s overperforms right now.

2 Likes

Yeah, any perception it was “improved” especially in air RB is just not correct. The FM changes reduced stability and made it less like a UFO. Should have a harder time at high AoA and in harder time recovering from spins.

1 Like

Yup, thanks for the proper explanation.