F-15 Eagle: Soaring High!

That is simply, not true. I get 2 kills each time I play Mig-29 at the start of the match. Every single game. I go mach 1.3, 7000m alt and launch 30km away. Targets never have enough time to descent before they get turned into dust. Sparrows don’t even come close.

Absolutely not. The ER range and speed got nerfed heavily after Kings of battle. What you say was true for the first half of 2023, especially before contrails and under 20km, but now that RWR provides CW illumination warning, the ER is nowhere near this lethal even at high altitude. That being said it is a lot better than the 7M for sure. And that’s coming from someone who thinks the F15 needs to be buffed before launch

1 Like

hahahhahahah more like soaring through the garbage super underwhelming radar sucks and loses lock after the enemy does the slightest maneuver bleeds energy after the slightest turn like a delta wing can not pull AOA absolute joke

1 Like

I know Su-27 isn’t the best meta jet, but it’s not as bad as you claim.

You know this was a piss poor implementation when they gave up after 27 comments posted to the Dev blog and 97% of them were “Really? This is it? This is bad. Really bad”. And honestly, those lucky 27 were right.

Gaijin, I really hope we see a better variant or more capable loadout when this…not that good…update drops. There is no way you are putting a 20 year older airframe with a lackluster loadout against the Su-27. Maybe put out a message to your Partnered CC’s to stop highlighting how bad the F-15A is compared to the Japanese F-15C(J) and the Su-27. There is so much wrong with it.

1 Like

wot

Um. Su-27 is 1985.
F-15C is 1978, and F-15A upgrades is 1980s.

Su-27 first flight is 1977. F-15 is 1972.
That’s 5 years at most.

F-15A & F-15J have identical flight models.

1 Like

newer jets, better weapons and shitty maps in which 32 people run into each other in one big cauldron and the game lasts 3-5 minutes with clicking 3 keys alternately.
Of course, as usual, they will mess up the balance issue and the su27 with the 10 best rockets in the game will farm phantoms
Sometimes the question arises, does anyone out there still have a brain?

I didn’t know Su-27 could carry 9Ms and AAM-3s… oh…
Sir, R-73s are meta, they’re just not as strong as 9Ms and AAM-3s in lethality.
R-73s are best when you see their afterburner and are within close distance.

Su-27 has flaws tho in acceleration, radar, countermeasure count, etc.

su 27 also gets 6 r27ers…

Yes, radar missiles are easy to defeat.
There’s a reason I never died to radar missiles in the Mirage 3C even tho it lacks and RWR; not a boast, this is exclusively to showcase that learning how to defeat radar missiles makes them a minor threat no matter which ones they are.
The best loadout for Su-27 is 6 R-73s, and 2 R-27ERs IMO. Anything heavier and you have to treat the Su-27 like a slower F-15, boom & zoom, cause you ain’t getting your speed back after turns.

2 r27 ers lmao. if thats your problem you’re doing it wrong. the er is still the best radar missile in the game either way, and the f15 was designed to fly high and go fast. the f15 will get slammed flying low because of its lackluster armament, and slammed flying high because the er will swat anything out of the sky.

Radar missiles haven’t been meta in a year.
People don’t even play the Vautour IIN, an 8.3 radar missile carrier.
F-15 won’t get hit by radar missiles.
The fact you think radar missiles can hit low or notching targets is funny.

im saying that the f15 was designed to fly high and it gets slammed by radar missiles there. notching wont change anything because it needs to keep lock in order to guide its missiles. flying low it gets slammed because lackluster armament, like i said

sure?

f15A wings can crash any time, play it is the great time of my life, record 10.12.2023

1 Like

My only possible gripe with this video is seeing you trying to turn/roll at Mach 1.20. Some pretty scary things can happen when you try to maneuver at that speed.

People sleep on it that’s why

I ground out the entire rank with it mindlessly hunting Tu’s and Canberras, hell if you use it right i’ve managed to score several fighter kills

Also If we’re talking years, the (Older) F15 is using missiles from 1983 and 1982 (AIM-9M and AIM-7M respectively) While the Su-27’s R27ER/T are from 1990

For reference, the AIM-120a entered IOC for the Air Force in 1991

1 Like

R-27ER was made in response to American missiles, and is weaker than ALL active radar homing missiles due to the inherent flaws of SARH technology.
That and R-27ER is in the game because AIM-7F/M is in the game.
Sure, R-27R & AIM-7E-2 is technically all we needed until ARHs but here we are.

Minor SARH missile differences don’t make the airframe either.

In fairness an AIM-120 Vs R-27ER isn’t all that unbalanced

It really is. AIM-120s can use their internal radar from their launch range. Launch & evade, or launch then evade if you’re launched on.
27ER is vastly inferior to even AIM-120B & R-77.
27ER really was only used on aircraft without R-77 support.