F-15 Eagle: History, Performance & Discussion

IRL the 220s provide considerably more thrust above mach 1. Pw100 at 102% trim allows a clean f15A/C a max level flight alt at mach 1.8 for 58k ft and it will reach its max speed at Mach 2.35 from 36to 42kft(shouldn’t be a structural limit) A 220 will allow you to push the plane to 2.45 from 42kft to 48kft. Under these altitides it can actually rip itself. With 220s you can fly above 58k ft from Mach 1.6 to mach 2.25(but up to 59k ft). Look up on google “f15 performance changes due to engine differences”

1 Like

I think It would be cool If the f14s were restricted to only aim54s, It would make them more unique, but only If they fix the missiles. Also imo the B Variant should get the 9Ms…

Nah just add the F14D with 9Ms

1 Like

if the b varient got 9ms there would be literally no incentive to fly the f15 over the f14 outside of the slightly better flight performance

The F-14 has better useful performance metrics

1 Like

in that case no reason at all lol

I got a lot of hate for saying the F-15 would be nothing but a side grade / variety to the F-14 in the game… here it is…

1 Like

Barring the better radar, better acceleration, and more forgiven FM?

i mean you weren’t wrong the f15 was basically the air force equivalent to the 14 until it gained more capability with amraams/15e

some would argue the tomcat has a better radar. it definitely excels more at longer ranges

how about they just add a new plane to grind for every modification :)

I mean, its HPRF only with worse notch angles than the F-4J’s radar. The power is good allowing it to see stuff at range, but the AIM-54 is so dogshit and the maps are so small that the range “advantage” it has are irrelevant.

It has regular SRC as well, but because of gaijins trash blatant hatred for the jet, gaijin has omitted modelling the TCS’ proper functions, so its SRC gets chaffed easy peasy.

TWS still doesnt work properly either, not that that matters for any planes except the F-14’s since no jet fires in TWS other than it, so gaijins in no rush to fix that either.

Its not a bad radar, but theres much better in WT. Particularly since gaijin doesnt model the RIO doing his fkn job, so the F-14 is stuck with a 9km “ACM” mode which is the the pilot radar override, since at any further range, the RIO would be expected to manage the whole radar, so basicly every other jet it faces has a nice easy 19km ACM, more than double the AWG-9’s, which increases pilot workload on an already tempermental plane

Russian jets are limited to 10km ACM, i think f-16 is 9km too and actually gripen might be too. Over 10km ACM at top tier is rather rare at the moment. F15 being one example of 19km one which is pointless cuz sparrow will selfdestruct halfway there.

1 Like

maybe with 120s it did test them

Hey guys I found some information regarding the trust of the f-15’s engines and idk how to make a suggestion or whatever

This is going to get ignored as there is no mention of the 25k lbs being installed thrust. Some thrust is lost when an engine is mounted on the airframe due to airflow restrictions but gaijin seem to be making up the percentage of lost thrust with no reasoning behind it

I doubt that would pass as a primary or secondary source as it’s just some museum website.

Does not specify if installed and at what speed.
Also, charge your phone :)

4 Likes

It’s run by govt. Maybe I can sk them where they got the numbers