F-15 Eagle: History, Performance & Discussion

The APG-63 analysis report is very clear on the progression of the radar. It will be very capable in head on/rear shots, depending on how Gaijin feels it can have TWS.

RGH would be neat to see. For the sake of bug reporting I hope Gaijin accepts it.

1 Like

Its an 83’ document, and reaches late 80s. Beyond that its unknown other than v1 v2 v3.

Kind of irrelevant how good the radar is when the missiles wont be able to keep up regardless or doesnt actually offer a notable increase in lock resilience over current radars seen on top fighters in-game…

1 Like

Then I have a newer doc :)

Unlike the F-14(AWG-9) and F-16C(APG-68) the F-15s APG-63 will have features from both. Having both interleaved HPRF/MPRF as well as the for/away tracking seen recently with the F-16Cs APG-68.

As for in game change this will allow for better locks against notching targets, better detection against maneuvering opponents, and further lock range than seen by the current top jets. This along with the possibility of AIM-7MH/P or AMRAAM would give the F-15 a serious leg up in any BVR engagement.

1 Like

I doubt this will be modelled, the MiG-29 also had interleaved high prf and medium prf but its not a thing ingame

Interleaved is only a thing in search, when tracking the APG-63 will choose whichever prf it feels is better though it can automatically choose between different prfs, but once again fat chance this will be modelled other radars that do similar things are already a thing and this isnt modelled for them either. Also btw when firing a missile the radar will automatically try to switch to high prf, if the target is in conditions where high prf cannot track well then it will remain in medium or low prf and turn on flood mode automatically and a 12 degree circle will appear on the HUD that youll want to keep the target inside of.

2 Likes

Would be nice if it got all those features, but we qll know it will get literally none of them lol

Maybe, I suspect a patch with this much focus on advanced BVR aircraft will include some level of radar rework.

Gaijin refuses to fix multipath since theyve decided its a “balancing” feature to give everyone a get out of jail free card.

Until they fix multipath, they have literally no reason to bring more complex radar functions or radar missiles quite frankly. Itll just lead to even MORE deck hugging.

4 Likes

yeah war thunder radars tend to be pretty simplified, MiG-23 still missing a ton of its features, so is the F-14. So I have low hopes in the F-15 radar being any special. Expect it to just be like the RDY radar in the Mirage 2000-5 but with different ranges

What would the F-15C’s turn time be in War Thunder ?

Wait up for update,…

Im pretty sure it can be found/Calculated can’t it? Even an approximation would be cool.

Well,… again,… F-15C have been using several different engines, several updates were made,… apart knowing the exact Variant used, we can’t estimate things, or you’ll have the need of an Excell table.

1 Like

Yeah that’s true. The thing is War Thunder shows a fighter’s turn time in seconds, and the data that you find online is in deg/sec, so it’s hard to get an idea of its performances.

Divide 360 / seconds in stat card to find deg/s.

3 Likes

Deg/sec number of degree of the turn made in 1 second (noted as R

Turn time, number of seconds required to do 360° (noted As T)

So basically,:

R = 360/T degrees/seconds
T.R= 360 degrees
T= 360/R seconds

1 Like

Thanks for this math lesson! It has never been my favorite subject tbf…

cant remember what altitude they do it off so:
0ft - 17.56s
10,000ft - 22.15s

It might be 5,000ft actually so you can probably do linear interpolation to get around 19.86s

Well with the new teaser trailer released, how would the F-15 stack up to the Su-27 and the gripen?

1 Like