F-15 Eagle: History, Performance & Discussion

Better than Gripen, worse than SU-27 in-game. I expect su27 to have 6 r27ers and 4 r73’s whilst the f15 is running the equivalent in 7M’s and 9M’s.

1 Like

It’s finally here my boi

Hope we get to see the Israeli and Japanese eagle alongside the American one, if it is indeed an F-15C in the trailer, they shouldn’t be far off

AIM-7 and AIM-9 only in the trailer, it will just be a side-grade to the F-14B like I said in the past.
I support variety!

1 Like

the Su-27 is gonna shit down its throat, and the gripen is gonna be a slightly better viggen probably

Good thing gaijin refuses to fix multipath, refuses to remove the arcade spotting from air RB, and refuses to model more complex radar functions

I don’t think the F-15 would be worse than an Su-27, they would actually be fairly (asymmetrically) balanced.

Su-27 pulls more AoA and has more missiles, will absolutely dominate the 1 circle fight, but the F-15 is still faster, accelerates better and has better sustained turn rate.

And with the F-15 will still beat F-16A in terms of AoA and about match it in sustained turn, not exactly a bad aircraft just because the Su-27 does the AoA part even better. Both have their advantages over the other.

And god forbid them making a working MPRF mode and Range Gated HPRF. At least, hopefully, sparrows can get HPRF guidance and longer seeker range unless they just go the f16 way and CW ILLUMINATOR for it

2 Likes

can f15 a/c use gbu8?

Yes, according to the SAC and manuals. They can also equip laser guided bombs, but I’m note sure if they carried targeting pods.

1 Like

only buddy lase for F-15A/C

which manual specific i remember A/C version are unguided bombs only

i mean self guide ability not just drop bomb but require another plane to guide it.

The F-15 will be worse than the F-16A currently in high alpha thanks to the F-16’s broken FM
Unless of course the F-15 also comes broken which is a good possibility.

1 Like

For Late C-models it is capable of self guidance with a centerline TGP, but that won’t be the case for this version

tbh the F-15’s only chance of being better than or even on-par with Su-27 as shown is going to be a pervitin’d out FM for the F15 because there is no galaxy where 4 AIM-7M and 4 AIM-9M beats 6 R27ER and 4 R73 which also has the 1 turn advantage

1 Like

F-15 dead on arrival.

Joke of an update but expected. F-15s one chance is its better radar but Gaijin wont model that correctly and the Russian radars will perform the same if not better. Just another rigged carnival game patch.

Technically these are F-15Cs, but if anyone is looking for some inspiration for skins…

Spoiler

2 Likes

We have yet to see the F-15 on the dev server and I am hoping when we do, it will come with the 9Ms and a better sparrow like the MH or even they change their mind and start to give 120s and 77s. Even if they hold them back, nothing is gonna change as the late F-4s and mig 23s are gonna see them regardless. This in turn could make some mid vehicles like the viggen, Tornado somewhat competitive.

Sleeping-griffin GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

@MiG_23M knowing the F-16 FM “exist”.

3 Likes

Exactly how much is the F-16A overperforming?

Since compared to the F-16A, F-15 AoA performance is almost as much of an improvement as Su-27 is over the F-15 iirc. So chances are the F-15 would (compared to the current, overperforming F-16A) be the same but faster.

So my point still stands and I believe F-15 and Su-27 will be pretty balanced. With the Su-27 having the advantage in weaponry and AoA, and the F-15 being faster with higher sustained turn.

And considering the F-16 comparison I doubt the F-15 will be anywhere close to DOA, with the Su-27 basically being the only aircraft to worry about.

2 Likes