F-15 Eagle: History, Performance & Discussion

I have this here stating that the drive goes up to 70 degrees a second:

Spoiler

Is there anything about the scan speed in the manuals?

1 Like
2 Likes

It took them 3 years to nerf the mig23 FM… Imagine the shitshow when they add 5th gen aircraft.

At least the amraams are Fun :)

4 Likes

How did you found T.O. 15C-34?

Its on the mixture thats 1989 manual which has parts of the appendix A and a 1987 -34

They wont EVER fix that until russians get Su-35… Can you imagine the crying if eagles radar would be even better? Let alone fixing that dumb russian HPRF syndrome where western radars wont track in rear aspect either which is simply wrong.
They should work perfectly fine at shorter ranges (not few nm but like 20-40nm)
Or BOLS? Forget, F15 with like 900cms? No cant do.

4 Likes

AIM-120 low smoke motor. The bug report was acknowledged but they didn’t do anything

3 Likes

Probably an out-of-date meme (since it’s F-15A-specific)
Where Air Superiority Blue for F-15A

Spoiler

f-15_profile03

2 Likes

Any clue as to why @k_stepanovich isnt responding to this?

I think you can make report
Maybe i can provide graphs for F-15(with -100) and F-15(with -220)

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/HGnvdjS5pu9k
They don’t want to. They can make the F15A match but not the F15C.

2021-01-16 (3)
Cause this is obviously much more reliable…and on the dev the radar range was the 80km before to the "upgrade of the 100km we’ve had since F15A went live.
and russians(or ex soviet) are quite deep into the belief that the SU-27’s radar(N001) was as good as the original(and possibly PSP) APG-63.
“Aviation in the Lebanon conflict” - Col. V. Dubrov

Spoiler

2024-07-07 (3)

Even westerners didn’t know the full capability and even the original pre-FET AMP(1978) 63 was superior to a production N001.

Spoiler

2024-07-07

And if you go above the thread you’ll find him claiming NCTR isn’t reliable despite it being the one of reason the F15 could do BVR shots without AWACS.
Its a whole bury your head in the sand thing.

8 Likes

Well
About thrust maybe make another report?
I have some graphs, that tells pit od thrust must be smaller on -220, and highrr maximal thrust. Starting from 1.2(±) mach.(way earlier than in wt)
I already sent them in another thread, i dont remember which, but possibly releated to thrust of F-15C

Also, i have some videos that proves that envelope in wt is wrong

1 Like

If memory serves, the Russians tried the same thing with R-27ERs, and it was equally crap.

Theoretically, it seems like it should be fairly straight-forward, but there’s not much evidence any of these systems moved on past some early tests, since active radar missiles were already replacing SARH ones.

Tried with Su-30/35 maybe

Gaijin will give AIM-7 to you as 1 tier missile, bruh

F-15 fuselage generates about 1/3 of the total lift

2 Likes

From what I’ve discovered so far, using NCTR has been a bit problematic. I’m just guessing that it was used on the APG-70 and then on the APG-63V1 and not on the older versions of the -63 ?

It was a thing even before the RAM got removed out of the OFP.

( TWS AND RAM was still a thing)
So came around 85’ with TWS.

And its impossible for just apg 70s and v1s to have it as it was one of the reasons F15Cs lead during DS. V1s came later in 90s, only last 43 Cs came with apg70 and for A2A there isnt much difference between 70 and 63. It was also planned for the 63s to have them.

1 Like

Hey, those are pre-MSIP Eagles :D

1 Like

2 Likes