F-15 Eagle: History, Performance & Discussion

1 Like

At least it wasn’t a -34 for a2a

It contains data about A2A missiles too.

wonder where he got it from

general description only

Oh hey Fighterbomber isn’t surprising that it was leaked into that channel it’s basically the vatniks main source for aviation

2 Likes

APG-65 and APG-63 incorrectly giving RWR warning when the shouldn’t during sparrow launching

1 Like

Honestly, I doubt we will see this implemented, at least for a while. Either for balance and implementation trouble, or both.

do they give warning in STT 120 launch (they shouldnt either)

not until the missile goes active

So what are all the issues that the F-15C has?

I just want my BOL pods

2 Likes

If you go up the thread you’ll see the stepanovich’s response.

For context some RWRs automatically give missile warning if the signal is strong(emitter is close) and some add HPRF signal as condition(like the tornado F3)

His response is that it wouldn’t change anything in gameplay as he claimed the radar switched to HPRF when launched as it would be in MPRF before that.

Which is wrong and I corrected him as the apg 63 doesn’t work like that, it goes to HPRF when the missile is selected.

No reply from him after that

And previously some months before, the excuse was that he assumed that 2 HPRF signals are used in an interleaved way, so the rwr would recognize the guidance signal.

Which again is incorrect as the HPRF waveform had to be compatible for tracking and for the missile BY DESIGN. They even tried with MPRF.
2024-07-05 (8)

Then again, if this were the case, why lose the ability to track all-aspect by switching to HPRF if you can provide missile guidance with HPRF and do the tracking with superior MPRF? Interleaving missile guidance and MPRF tracking. Makes no sense.

No reply for him again.

If the radar range reports have been ignored for the past 7 months in favor of 3rd party reports and soviet information it really makes you question his intentions.

4 Likes

I don’t mean that what I said is necessarily the right choice to make, just that it I think it is the choice the developers will take.

I, for example, think that all AI planes should be removed from Air RB matches (due to them being part of the passive ticket bleed, spotting you, and just being radar clutter). I also think that clouds’ interaction with IR signatures should be reworked (because it seems that after New Power, the physical properties of clouds do not match the visual, and because they appear to be, at least graphically, client side).
But I really doubt we will ever see these two happening any time soon, or even ever.

Gives RWR missile warning during sparrow launch when it shouldn’t

RAM implementation is complete ( it should zoom in)

Scan velocities are wrong when in short range modes( SS, boresight etc) and search under 20 N.M. It should operate 30% faster

F15C performs worse than the F15A at high altitudes when it should perform considerably better( fly higher, better acceleration and top speed)

It only has MPRF TWS, which is quite short ranged(even more than the F16s MPRF radar) and missing the HPRF TWS which is longer ranged

incorrect beamwidth( its 20% larger)

missile time to impact is missing

flood mode

It should continue illuminating( through coasting by extrapolating trying to regain track or flood antenna) when lock is lost for the remaining missile’s time of flight

And the famous missing 60% range in HPRF and possibly MPRF as well.

3 Likes

So:

1. Bol pods
  2. HPRF radar modes
  3. Weight? (shouldn’t it be like the F-15J?)
  4. Thrust?
  5. Radar(just model a proper radar)

What is the angular velocity in short range modes in game and what should it be?

The thing is that radar sets and missiles already can be fired without an RWR warning due to the same concept, example the mirage F1 and the super 530F. So why not others? And don’t he said it wasnt possible to do it ingame but it is

Its 70°/s for all modes and ranges currently. Increases up to 90°/s

I Heard a lot of ppl saying that the f15c radar is underperforming, lack of BOL and that the FM shouldn’t be much behind the f15a but ingame it’s suffering from the mig29smt disease

3 Likes

I don’t understand what is so hard to give every plane their shit

1 Like