F-15 Eagle: History, Performance & Discussion

F-15C from 104 FW, photographed this month

2 Likes

There is no reason to provide any more sources. Gaijob won’t listen to any

It’s an absolutely fantastic photo
Captures an almost aetherial-like atmosphere

2 Likes

They do listen and fix things quickly like the F15A performance when it came out, its just the radar guy

It can’t even lock a target(bomber) at 80km in HPRF LMAO, but until it’s at at 74km(~40 Nautical miles)

@k_stepanovich
Can it at least be able to lock target’s at long range if you are gonna use soviet values, or a good job. The radar is able to enter RAM (MPRF) just under 40 nautical miles and it’s not able to even lock a bomber at 40 N.M in HPRF ingame. Ridiculous

2 Likes

It might be the HPRF bug again. There was one a patch or two ago that would not let you lock anything at mid to long ranges in HPRF.

Does appear to instantly transfer the HPRF lock to MPRF which is why there is a brief Memory track.

No.

The F15 IRL automatically transfers to MPRF from HPRF at around 30 Nautical Miles, which is done ingame and the only part which he read from the manual. IF the sparrow isn’t selected. It doesn’t go to MEM as you can see, straight from HPRF to MPRF at 35 NM.
What happens with HPRF track is that the lock has never been stable as you can see, it never gives an accurate vector as its just shaking around and only stops once it goes to MPRF

Didn’t notice it, I think you are right.

Spoiler

Shameless plug
Shameless plug 2

So guys, how’s the aim120 after the nerf? I heard a Lot of ppl complaining but i didn’t have time to test it myself.

Still top 3 missile. By far the worst maneuvering Fox 3 but its still the longest range although not by much now.

3 Likes

This could be tested

1 Like

I will run it later unless someone beats me to it.

1 Like

These aswell would be nice to have but I dont have these shots

Could just ask @Flame2512 to run them again

Try it again. The v1 got changed in 2.37.0.79, so maybe it was a fix for this.

US usually gets worse maneuvering missiles, or just worse missiles kinematically, the only advantage is IRCCM which more and more countries are getting with their missiles.

I would not say that is the case… can’t really think of any time that truly applies.
IRL the thing the US lacked was IRCCM whereas the maneuverability was quite good for the time they were employed.

9M was deployed in early 80s, along with R-60M and R-73 for example
Thats not really lack, when 9L had chances to hit AB target that uses flares.
Just on time