F-15 Eagle: History, Performance & Discussion

If you are talking about the CFTs, they are freaking heavy, even empty. I’d have to look again to see their exact weights but it’s definitely more than regular external tanks

Plane is heavier than 15J even without CFT. But things like pumps are inside CFT. So fuel pipes are so heavy?

It’s not just fuel pumps. It’s fuel pumps and structural members to be able to support additional ground stores

I know. I am taking about weight with CFTs removed.

Oh I see, I thought you were talking about the CFT weight. What is the current empty weight for the aircraft in game?

That is within tolerance for F-15Cs

It shouldn’t be heavier than the F-15J though that is unfair and incorrect. Japan F-15J also gets 220E which gives them more thrust. They should reduce weight of US F-15C without CFT to F-15J weight and make MSIP II engine 220E

Not necessarily. There are different onboard electronics, particularly in the EW suites that could make up for that difference. You could potentially see that much variance in weight aircraft to aircraft.

2 Likes

Then they should model the better suites.

heavier =/= better. The F15j has a bunch of Japanese electronics, as well as removal of systems deemed unessicary such as strike components (this is quite common with the japanese stuff, and is also represented in game with the F15JM). And EW just doesn’t exist in the game. If either the Japanese plane is too light or the American plane is too heavy it should not be that hard to bug report it gajin is probably taking the data from documents around the time period of the plane they’re trying to represent. .

I can tell you they aren’t. The only numbers they could be taking is a range between X and Y with a note to check the specific aircraft being flown forms for its weight. But as long as it matches the performance charts for the amount of fuel and specific weights then that is close enough.

4 Likes

I like to imagine the F-15’s final design came directly from the ‘KISS’ mindset.

What is it ?

“Keep it simple, stupid” K.I.S.S.

1 Like

The basic requirement for the F-15 was simplicity, you can see it on the wing. It doesn’t have a movable leading edge.
Kalashnikov said, - only simplicity will stand the test of time. I would say the F-15 succeeded.

3 Likes

To simplify the design and reduce weight, it is made without means of mechanization on the toe, but the internal design of the wing allows, if necessary, to install slats or a deflecting toe, for which the appropriate volumes and fasteners are left.

Spoiler

4 Likes

I haven’t found this anywhere, can I ask for a source to investigate ?