F-15 Eagle: History, Performance & Discussion

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/HGnvdjS5pu9k
Denied.
I guess the PW220 F15C will just be fatter& slower F15A with the same fantasy radar coming straight out of yefim gordon’s fairytales.

7 Likes

For some reason heavier than F-15J Msip which undergone same modification.

Dunno about f15j msip but an F15C with msip(+ pilot, oil and unusable fuel) is 29,500lbs. But don’t sweat if its not exact. There is a max 500lbs difference between the same plane in the same manual and difference at difference dates. Though I think the weight in the appendixs(performance charts) is given with ammunition as its ~500lbs and the weight given in the manual is 500lbs less

We’re back baby.

6 Likes

Good compensation for being heavy.

What about BOL?

Gaijin not increase max thrust & afterburner thrust of Pratt & Whitney F-100-PW-220 engine on F-15C like Ishikawajima-Harima F100-220E engine on F-15J(M) ?

Stock and spaded

No spesific information for that, assuming it will be on final configuration.

PW-220E motors have slightly higher thrust than PW-220 motors

isnt 220E is 100 upgraded to be 220 equvalent?

Yes, but because the PW-100 has slightly higher thrust ( static thrust) than the PW-220, the PW-220E also has slightly higher thrust. The main thing was the reliability of the engine, which together they had good and better than the troubled PW-100.

Ooooh yeahhh finally good news

Yea, it took a while but its finally here.

6 Aim-120+2 Aim-9M loadout will be great for my playstyle.

2 Likes

Same, it’s always important to have some ir missiles for special occasions

1 Like

imho with current multi pathing 4+4 is still the best

1 Like

I prefer to larp with 6+2

As long as you put the AIM-9s on the inside!

3 Likes

Right! The AIM-120’s look so cool on the outside

It’s also for practical reasons, AIM-9s are hand loaded, while AIM-120s are loaded with a jammer. It’s a lot easier to maneuver people than a jammer to load the inside

1 Like