F-15 Eagle: History, Performance & Discussion

That’s incorrect. The avionics to use amber racks would just be a software update. ADCP II is more than capable. Could they just plug them on any jet currently? Probably not, but that has more to do with not putting the money in for it as the capability isn’t necessary. Could they be upgraded for it? Most definitely.

The F-15EX did not rip out the computers. It ripped out the mechanical linkages for the flight controls.

But it isn’t F-15EX on photo. It is just demonstrator or what?

It’s an F-15C, with CFTs and amber racks for fit testing.

1 Like

16 missiles?

1 Like

trollface skibidi sigma brazilian funk

The deflected parts of the air intakes were made to reduce pressure losses at high angles of attack

1 Like

That too. And the second, equally important thing is the effect on the aerodynamics of the aircraft. With the movable intake ducts, it was possible to reduce the size of the stabilizer, this led to a reduction in trim drag and weight savings. It also delays the flow separation along the fuselage at higher AoA.
inlet work fo

Probably the first thing we thought about was the engine.

They fixed wing tanks size on new dev.

Yes affecting the air to the engines is a major activity , not many know that is not all they do.
From technical paper :
This rotating inlet, which is well forward of the center-of-gravity, has a significant effect on aircraft
longitudinal stability and control across the subsonic/transonic Mach number spectrum
of the F-15.

did the devs say something about changing multipath?

That they won’t

1 Like

bruh

McAir chef of aerodynamics quote :
Unique feature of the F-15 propulsion system is the movable first ramp of the inlet. Some of the details of this feature are indicated. The movable ramp is relatively large and is far enough forward of the center of gravity to have a significant effect on longitudinal stability and control characteristics and trim drag.

I have reviewed the articles on measurements in wind and water tunnels :
Water tunnel measurements showed that dropping the upper surface of the inlet resulted in a delay in the flow separation along the hull by about 5 degrees of angle of attack
Without this mechanization, the F-15 would have been less maneuverable and less powerful.

I need that document

I don’t want F-15A Baz carry AIM-9M & AIM-7M like F-15C Baz Meshupar (Improved Baz).

I need gaijin mod remove AIM-9M from F-15A Baz and AIM-7F Sparrow swap AIM-7M

Air National Guard’s 2017 priorities document

Can’t find it

Should be able to find it here https://www.ngbpmc.ng.mil/

2 Likes