F-15 Eagle: History, Performance & Discussion

the top speed of M1.18 is accurate, about getting there im not sure

1 Like

You are right. It appears in SRM.

The hud is wrongly positioned

@MaMoran20 APG-63 hprf RWS range got increased to 80km for a 3m^2 target, which means theyre likely using that one MiG-23 document comparing the N008 to Israeli aircraft estimated radars. I recommend you make a bug report because otherwise I dont think it will be fixed on its own for live server.

2 Likes

V2 and V3 radars were only on C models

Dual Sparrow can be done with mechanical scan radars, it could be referencing the APG-70 or 63V1

It also mentions improved maintainability which the V2 was NOT. It is why it was quickly phased out for the v3

Does anyone have the thrust values for the F-15s engines?

I did some basic math trying to figure out spaded power by values given in the modification menu and got 60.2kN dry thrust and 85.4kN afterburner thrust. These values seem low compared to the F100-PW-100 performance values found online, that suggest 65.3kN dry thrust (5.1kN more) and 106.4kN afterburner thrust (21kN more).

I’d like to see if the spaded values I got are maybe incorrect or if the F-15 is really lacking this much engine power.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/eBYSZDAzruGG

Also sent the first post to Bowie.
2023-12-08 (15)

Dunno whats gonna happen, radar dev is quite sneaky

5 Likes

The only values I know of are from the suggestion post (at least for F-15J, 63.9 kN dry and 104.3 kN afterburner, each) and if those are accurate, as well as the values shown in game, then it would seem there is about ~20 kN of afterburner thrust missing from each engine as you’ve said.

Thrust data is not available to my knowledge. It was removed from appendix data.
2023-12-08 (23)

Closest thing you may get is View topic - F-15 performance changes due to engine differences • F-16.net. You have the F16C HAF perf manual which has 229 engines and you have the F15E perf manual section equipped with both PW220 and PW229s. Gotta do the math as guy did above

I believe the values from the suggestions were for the F100-PW/IHI-220(E), while the F-15J in game uses the F100-PW-100 like the F-15As.

Not quite sure if that is correct, but with -220Es mounted in some F-15Js it does mean they started out life as -100s, so I’d be surprised if it was completely wrong.

Then again the -100 values I used are from Wikipedia, which can be pretty iffy when it comes to accuracy sometimes. I hope someone with better sources can either back me up or correct me.

Also interestingly enough the Israeli F-15A has F100-PW-100 too, but with higher thrust. I wonder what that is about and if that is actually a feature of the Israeli variant.

1 Like

are you looking for this?

gaijin pls i beg

The engines on all F-15s in game are -100s, not -220s. But if you have anything about thrust of the -100 that would be really helpful.

this is from TF-15A manual

Thanks, this helps a lot!

That would be military power of 65.3kN and afterburner thrust of 106.04kN (afterburner thust I used was off by .36kN). So according to this the F-15s are really severely underperforming in engine thrust.

Maybe it will be fixed, but if not this might be worth a bug report.

note SAC manuals use uninstalled thrust

I have it. It’s PART 2 B2-1 that doesn’t show

I would probably report it anyway just so they’re aware, as we have no idea if they know. Best case they already knew and just acknowledge it, worst case they didn’t and they’ll acknowledge it or request more info.

I made a bug report here:
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/1BFcXcn7CiRC

With just info from this post:

If others can add more documentation, that would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Rip, got closed as not a bug. Sounds like the numbers are intended.

2 Likes

Yep, usually installed thrust is around 15% less.

Not usually the case with gen4s, but for example the MiG-29 has 0.92x bench thrust static… 0.85x intake fully shut.

2 Likes