F-15 Discussion

Agree on the su-27, but f-15 is FAR from being a brick while it is faster and has far better energy retention / sustained turn rate than the su-27 itself. What makes the su-27 deadly in a dogfightis the r73 which compliments the flanker weaknesses very well.

F-15 is no exception here. But relatively speaking still has better 2C performance than a flanker and worse than an F-16 which was what I expected to see. If you are talking about G-overload that’s another issue that will probably get fixed hopefully.

Yeah that’s what I pointed out initially, If you climb and try a max speed run, the flanker will reach it’s stat card max speed and the f-15 is not even close. Probably some issue with drag values. But the speed issue is not that relevant in a normal match. Hope it will be fixed anyway tho

1 Like

That is the point atm :

• F15 isn’t good in dogfight
  • F15 isnt good at bvr (sparrow are really sick with the current meta)
  • Wings are easy to break
  • Without hmd
  • Only 4 aim9m

Why take an F15 when my F16C is just better in any case?
This F15 introduction is really sick atm and that is sad.

Su27 is really better in all situation

7 Likes

Posting here for visibility but @MAUSWAFFE was looking for documentation on the thrust values for the F-15s engine, F100-PW-100.

Perhaps it is indeed missing extra thrust which would go a long way in flight performance (and also equalizing the differences between the A and the J).

3 Likes

I don’t think it is possible to use that because if you got close and didn’t kill su-27 you are not getting out no matter how good energy retention\turn rate are

Yep, was talking about that, hope that will be fixed, including very weird wing rip

I also think it is drag values but might be not true. I tried to compare some basic information about f-15 and thrust values of engines in game. I think f-15 missing about 20% afterburner thrust and may be even more in case of f-15j but I didn’t go deep yet. Will wait for second dev where I think they will fix most obvious f-15 problems then I’ll go full into numbers

2 Likes

Sure but that doesn’t mean the f-15 is a brick, it’s a better energy fighter than the flanker but the flanker has the r73 doing the dogfight for itself

The F100-PW-100 is missing 6000 pound-force of afterburning thrust. That is a total of 12000! It is not even a joke anymore. The Su-27 has the correct thrust values. They can’t even deny Russian bias at this point.

5 Likes

The Su-27 has the correct thrust values for its engine, but Gaijin reduced the afterburning thrust of the F100-PW-100 by 6000 lbf! That is a total of 12000 lbf of missing thrust! They can’t even deny Russian bias anymore.

3 Likes

I sure hope you make a bug report on this tbh. I’m getting sick of the players being the ones that have to sort out these simple to find out issues…

1 Like

You know, I never thought to check the manufacturer (it was the Smithsonian, oops) if they had the details, though it being corroborated with the manual is good news.

So it seems the full afterburning thrust should be ~106 kN, while in game (for the F-15J anyway) it’s at ~83.5 kN (also assuming the x-ray showing afterburning thrust is accurate).

If it hasn’t been already, I can try to submit a bug report, but I haven’t usually done them for technical stuff like this. @SpartanulPH Is the manual a valid source (i.e. not classified or restricted in that way)?

3 Likes

The manual is a valid source…if they feel like doing it.

1 Like

I reached 2600kph in it.

Also people complaining about F-15’s radar should be forced to use Su-27’s trashy radar.

I made a bug report here with the link that @WallessPompano provided:
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/1BFcXcn7CiRC

If others can add more documentation, that would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Rip, got closed as not a bug. Sounds like the numbers are intended.

1 Like

There’s already a report in for the radar issues.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/eBYSZDAzruGG

I got it to mach 2.17 at 14.6km with full AA load

it’s an F-15”c”, literally everything is the same on it other than the loadout changes. i call the F-15s this update the Franken-15s simply because they are all mixes of other variants

the USAF f-15(A) in game can carry 9L. 9M and 7M, but in real life it never had the 7M with the 9L, it was either 9L or 7F. in the 1980 models it could take dual M (7M 9M) but never both. the only time it would take both is on the C.

the F-15A usaf also has bombs (dumb and guided), which the A never had and the C didn’t either. so now you have an F-15(A) with the missiles of a C and bombs of an E.

the F-15J is the exact same as the USAF f-15(a) [[INGAME]] other than the few missing loadout stuff. in real life, it is a C model F-15 and with what can be seen in a reply to a different message all the upgrades it got in MSIP. the F-15J ingame minimum should have the F100-PW220E engines (C model engines) and depending on what year F-15 is in the game. this F-15J is the 2000 pre-msip model, with the -220E engines. its loadout is halfway correct (7M 9L AAM3) but still no 15A/C could carry bombs. especially guided, since that was what the E was for.

TLDR; each F-15 in game is horribly wrong, and carrying loadout options from different type/block models from other F-15s. mainly the C and E stuff on an A airframe.

1 Like

Yes, F-15’s radar can only get even stronger.

@ミーナ Top speed is around 11500 meters.

As and Cs could carry bombs. They probably never did, but they definitely could. There are many sources already linked to other discussions in the forums that show this.
Edit: all 3 nations definitely did. Here are some historical pictures
F-15A/C
images (2)

F-15 Baz

F-15J
o0800060012638879293

2 Likes

by war thunder’s logic of could but never did, the F-16A has a 30mm gunpod that never got added.

also pretty sure the A and C COULD carry bombs but never were intended to do so

Yes and everyone is acting like nothing ever changes from dev server to live server.

This is laughably wrong. You have no idea what you’re talking about. F-15 Armaments Handbook, 1979. Or the relevant page is already posted in the F-15 thread

4 Likes