Exploitation of the Newbie Battle System Occurring

This is something that was brought to my attention today about people exploiting the Newbie battle system to make massive amounts of RP and Lions.

Not sure how this is occurring but needs to be looked into @Stona_WT not sure were to put this.

War Thunder — Realistic Military Vehicles Online Combat Game for PC, Xbox and PlayStation. Play for Free Replays

7 Likes

Yeah this ain’t right.

2 Likes

Dude has a insane KD ratio in Type 16 FPS

1 Like

What Newbie battle system? Care to explain what you see on those screens?

1 Like

Check it for the Strv 122A then, 134 ground kills for only 3 deaths.

1 Like

He probably used cheats.Those stats arent possible in WT

3 Likes

his real stats are shown under the sea harrier. or maybe hes botting? but idk how possible that would be in GRB. ARB is obv already done

2 Likes

What’s happened is the guy and his friends have found a way to hack the matchmaker to get back into newbie bot battles, so it’s just the two of them and some AI.

5 Likes

If you dont censor their names this thread will probably get sent to the shadow realm

2 Likes

It’s 3 different players, already found the names of 2 of them. One is in top 10 of kills per spawn, the other is in top 70.

Deets on how the newb zone works, for everyone else: First Rule of Newb Zone: There is NO Newb Zone (anymore) - General Discussion - War Thunder - Official Forum

2 Likes

Meh, gonna happen anyway. I used to do that but it made no difference in threadlock decisions, so I stopped bothering.

3 Likes

Does the game fills the match with bots if it can’t find players? Cause at least for Playstation players there was this option to kind of disable the crossplatform and only face other console players. Maybe it’s related to that.

Just watched a replay for one of them. It seems that XBox players found a way to play with high tier tanks in newbie battles. One in each team and the rest are bots, they ignore each other and just go for bots. The replay I’ve watched was with one of the players that has it’s stats posted by the OP, the other I recognized the name from the top leaderboards. They are not only killing the bots but they are also sharing the cap points by turn, increasing their scores, RP, SL, etc…, in the replay I’ve seen they spent at least 15min capturing the same cap point by turn, one captured while the other waited, then they switched roles.

No wonder why so many XBox players on the top leaderboards now.

2 Likes

LOL I just watched a replay where both XBox players with similar name just shared the same cap point between them 28 times, 14 caps each.

Easy way to grind not only tech trees and modules but especially score based events like the Summer Extreme event. Now I’m starting to understand why some Xbox players were defending score based events so much against 3 out of 5 task events.

Great job Gaijin! You replaced skill for cheating!

3 Likes

Honestly, if it’s a choice between Xbox players getting crazy amounts of score for playing bot matches paired off by themselves, and cheaters in a game with me and wrecking my experience, I’ll take the former.

2 Likes

??? Whats going on there, can someone explain this? Not even with cheats these stats would be explainable. That so much off everything …whoa…WT is not really fair to its players.

3 Likes

It seems some XBox players found a way to play newbie battles(against lower tier tank bots) on their high tier tanks, one on each team and capturing one cap point by turn so they end with a lot of score, RP and SL.

2 Likes

If you wait 10 minutes for a match, you’ll be placed with bots.

This is the context I was waiting for scrolling through this.
Yeah, that’s a… punishment of some kind.
If it’s a bug, they’re definitely exploiting it.

1 Like