Eurofighter Typhoon ISPA6 (MM55169)

[Would you like to see this in-game?]
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

Description: The Eurofighter ISPA6 (MM55169, registrated as IT014) is an Italian Trance 3 Eurofighter, and it’s the last instrumental Eurofighter that was made. It made its first flight back on December 23, 2020. Later after being delivered to the Italian air force, it was requested to be used as the testbed for a new configuration, P3EB (P-3 Enhancement Software). It’s serial number was temporary changed in CSX 55169 during the tests.This configuration includes, as the main modification, the installation of the AESA ECRS MK-0 radar, the Loockhed Martin Sniper and Enchanced Sniper Pod, the P5 ACMI pod, and new weapons such as the GBU-31 JDAM and unguided bombs (it is also integrated with all the Trance 3 Eurofighter weapons). The ISPA6 alongised the other Italian development and istrumental Eurofighter ISPA4 and IPA2 were selected to develop and test the new configuration. The ISPA6 was used in a lot of test flights that started on March 3, 2020, and concluded on March 27, 2020, in collaboration with others Italian Air Force Eurofighter to test the new radar. After those trials, it performed other flight tests, such as the test of the electronic countermeasures. All the test parts were very difficult, but everything was concluded within the expected timeframe. Later the aircraft returned with the serial number MM55169 to Italian air force.There is not much else to say about ISPA6 since there is not even more information about what it is doing now, but presumably it will be used for the future configuration of the Eurofighter, being the last and most advanced instrumental aircraft.

Why it should be in game: ISPA6 tecnologically is the most advanced Eurofighter Typhoon in Europe for now. It will be a very good addition for the Italian tec tree in the future

Specifications

Spoiler

Specifications:
Length: 15.96 m
Wingspan: 10.95m
Wing arrow: 53°
Height: 5.28 m
Wing area: 51.20 m²
Empty weight: 11 150 kg
Load weight: 16 000 kg
Maximum take-off weight: 23 500 kg
Capacity: 5 000 kg
Engine: 2x Eurojet EJ-200 with a max of 90 kn each
Max speed: 2495 km/h
Climb rate: 315 m/s
Range: 1 389 km
Tangency: 19 812 m
3x Fuel Tank
Flares and Chaff
DASS protection sistem
Radar: ECRS MK-0
Pirate sistem

Armaments

Spoiler

Cannons
Cannons
1x 27 mm Mauser cannon with 150 rounds
Air to Air Missiles
6x Aim-9L
6x Aim-9L/I
6x Aim-9L/I-1
6x Aim-120A
6x Aim-120B
6x Aim-120C
6x IRIS-T
6x AIM-132 ASRAAM
6x MBDA Meteor
Bombs (Guided and Unguided)
12x BL-755
12x MK-82
6x MK-83
6x MK-84
6x Enhanced Paveway II
6x Enhanced Paveway III
6x Enhanced Paveway IV
6x GBU-10
6x GBU-16
6x GBU-31
6x EGBU-16
6x GBU-48
6x GBU-24
6x HOSBO
Air to ground missiles:
18x Brimstone 2
18x Dual Mode Brimstone
Cruise Missiles:
2x MBDA Storm Shadow
2x Kepd 350 Taurus
Anty ship missiles:
6x Marte-ER
2x RBS-15 F-ER
Pods:
Litening IV and V
Sniper
Enchanced Sniper

Sources

Spoiler

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/defense/2019-12-24/new-beginnings-eurofighter-typhoon
Eurofighter ISPA 6 Instrumented Series Production Aircraft e radar Captor E-Scan - Aviation Report
Inizia i testi di volo il primo Eurofighter Typhoon monoposto destinato alla Kuwait Air Force - Aviation Report
Kuwait, Leonardo’s aircraft and training solutions displayed at Kuwait Aviation Show - Report Difesa
First Kuwaiti Eurofighter Takes Flight | Key.Aero
Eurofighter: Proseguono le prove in volo con il radar E-SCAN | Aviation Collectables Company
Eurofighter Typhoon: flight test campaign for P3Eb configuration - Blog Before Flight - Aerospace and Defense News
https://aresdifesa.it/proseguono-le-prove-in-volo-del-radar-escan-di-leonardo/
New Middle East Typhoons could be a game-changer | Times Aerospace
CSX55169 Aeronautica Militare (Italian Air Force) Eurofighter EF-2000 Typhoon Photo by Filippo Novello | ID 780724 | Planespotters.net
CSX55169 | Eurofighter Typhoon EF2000 | Italy - Air Force | Alessandro Maggia | JetPhotos
Eurofighter aviation photos on JetPhotos
MM55169 | Eurofighter Typhoon EF2000 | Italy - Air Force | Alessandro Maggia | JetPhotos
https://www.spottingmode.com/opad/fleet/italy/air_force/eurofighter_ef.2000_typhoon/

Pictures

Spoiler

https://cdn.jetphotos.com/full/6/14310_1618935716.jpg

Demobbed Aircraft
www.giorgiociarini.it - Typhoon Area Database

5 Likes

+1 italy needs all his versions of eurofighter

1 Like

+1 from a german and china main, i wanna see more italians in game

1 Like

An hunchback Typhoon? Seems an obvious continuation of the SM 79

1 Like

I am not super well read on the EFTs, but my understanding is that the two-seater variants have had their cannon removed

do You have any source regarding this?

From the Areonautica Militare site, there is no mention of this

No but I feel like I remember reading about it… as I said, I’m not an expert

ok, if You will find again that source in future tell me.

1 Like