just unlocked the Typhoon FGR.4, played it a bit to unlock the performance mods, then took it into a duel against a friend.
It was immediately obvious that in a dogfight the flightmodel is incredibly janky. Don’t get me wrong, it’s both very maneuverable and extremely agile and i barely have to try to win, but when you start actually maneuvering the vehicle it exhibits very strange behaviour.
It sways, like, ALOT. You try to pull high AoA while also slightly rolling to keep nose on target? you’ll overshoot, then come back around overshoot again, then a few more times until the nose settles on target. You enter rolling scissors? if you’re careless, you will literally start flying sideways.
What is happening to the plane? coming from planes like the F-16, M2K, Su-27 and such, the flightmodel is insanely janky. Even the rafale is significantly more stable.
Though the Instructor is rubbish. Gaijin cant get it right. Well, they did, last year when it was new. Then everyone complain about it and they nerfed the hell out of it
My F-2000A tends to wobble on the yaw axis when I’m in a tight turn, I call it the Eurowabble. not sure if that’s what you’re referring to here, I assumed it was some flight computer issue or gaijin’s bad attempt at modelling the flight computer
that is indeed what i’m refering to, it sways about as much as great grandpa’s clock when he forgets to dress up after a shower.
not sure what they did to the flightmodel, but the yaw axis is horrendously unstable and i lost a dogfight to an F-16 that i’m attributing solely to the flightmodel being jank. added yaw to roll my plane faster, it decided there isn’t actually a vertical stabiliser and started flying sideways then entered a flatspin.
I don’t mind it honestly, since it is born as an unstable delta wing aircraft I think it makes it “unique” not in a good way but even the pilots themselves say that it’s a plane that always wants to flip
The FBW FCC should be completely nullifying this, it should simply go where you point it until commanded otherwise.
Same for the F-16’s which I find in WT to always want to pitch down hard… if I take my hand off the stick then I will negative G-Loc my pilot in seconds… straight and level flight isn’t possible without applying constant back pressure.