Dutch and Belgian Aircraft are Joining the French Tree!

top tier as in rank 8.
and i don’t know if you understood that i was referring to Sweden in my post.

1 Like

is dev server open ? or it is public ?

The magazines of the ALE-40 are slightly different designs (different form factor; e.g. 1"x 1" x 8" M206/B or 1" x 2" x 8" MJU-10/B to fit their Countermeasure family, and types that are matched to a particular installation or have special characteristics e.g. give off no visible light, retain more of the aircraft’s momentum during burn phase), but they fit into the same receptacle on the aircraft.

I don’t yet know how accurate Gaijin have been in their depiction since the dev server has yet to be go public, but if an MLU airframe is modeled they may have the F-16C airframe’s increased dispenser count vs the basic -16A.

They should also have access to the PIDS+ / ECIPS+ pylon (adds two 30 charge dispensers per installation and a MAWS per wing)

I simply want something like a Dutch f-16 to fill up top tier and give something to stay relevant until something like typhoon or maybe a Swiss f-18 comes.

Just a repeat, but on a more precised thread.

i don’t think people expected BeNeLux to be a separate nation, but i think they wanted it to be a separate line in the tree and not mixed in like its going to be now. so not like Finland or Hungary.
Some even wanted it to go to Germany because of historical reasons, but it fits much better in the French tree because of gameplay/progression/lineups.

It was somewhat called ITT - International TechTree idea, which standed for a long time in old forum discussion, then disappeared with new one.

Does this addition mean that if i unlocked a new rank but did not buy any plane of said rank, that i have to grind the new line just to progress where i wanted?

oh okay, but am i misunderstanding when i think it is also about this:

?
so its not going to be a separate tree but instead mixed in with France’s already existing trees.

Hell… Take the argentinian trash out of the tech tree too

1 Like

That’s demonstrably not the case, unfortunately.

I say “unfortunately” because I would prefer unique factions, it’s something I enjoy in many games.

However, you can verify this yourself pretty easily… How many French players do you see vs how many German players?

About a year ago, 90% of the playerbase was still just playing the Big Three. It’s worth asking why that happens and what negative impact it has on the game (imho more than people realise).

Filling out trees with sub trees is not perfect, but it’s a decent solution.

It also takes nothing away from your individual player freedom. If you only want to play the unique French vehicles, you can do. Just ignore the rest. But people who are uncomfortable with imbalanced lineups will have more options when sub trees are added.

Still gets ridiculous with just creating their own version of reality, whilst watering down existing trees by copy pasting all their vehicles into other nations… just create one mega tech tree at that point as different nations just purely exist to extend the grind at this point.

Most of the reason is just laziness as lately we’ve seen extreme amounts of copy pasting for tech trees and events.

I don’t see how that relates to my comment. We’re talking about what’s currently in the tree, not what could potentially be in the tree. Even after adding this sub tree to France, it will be a much smaller tree than Germany, so it’s absurd to me that Germany should have received the Netherlands and not France. Germany needs it way less.

Now, of course France has a lot of vehicles that can be added in the future.

But I’m always sceptical of player “doom and gloom” when they say stuff like “the sub tree is just an excuse not to add unique stuff”. That is very detached from reality in my opinion, for three reasons.

1. If vehicles exist, they WILL be added to the game. They’re not willingly going to turn down content that they can add. They spread them out over the years because the game needs to last that long.

2. They were going to implement the BeNeLux at some point eventually. Man hours and dev time for them would have been done regardless, so it’s not taking resources away from France.

3. It’s just demonstrably false. Remember when people said the South African sub tree was an excuse not to add indigenous British light vehicles? Since then we’ve had the Vickers Mk 11, the Fox, and now we’re getting the Desert Warrior.

People are too dramatic when it comes to WT tbh.

It’s a videogame. Being its own version of reality is the definition of the thing. Even if tech trees were “pure” you’d still be fighting with Panthers on American Desert.

I wouldn’t be against a singular tech tree. There are too many tech trees in the game, that’s the core issue. Not too many nations, mind you, too many tech trees, which is a different thing.

However, culturally, Gaijin is very reticent to take stuff away from players, with good reason. So instead of condensation into fewer trees or one tree, they’ve chosen consolidation of the existing ten trees. It’s not perfect, but it’s good enough.

WT adds an insane amount of content every year, most of it free.

Sometimes I get the impression people haven’t seen what real, greedy laziness in games looks like, usually from devs way bigger and better funded than Gaijin.

3 Likes

i usually grind germany but, off topic i love bread with gouda cheese

1 Like

It is indeed pretty good!

About a year ago, 90% of the playerbase was still just playing the Big Three. It’s worth asking why that happens and what negative impact it has on the game (imho more than people realise).

You think people are foaming at the mouth now to go and play France because they copy pasted yet another Spitfire and yet another F-104 and yet another Mirage and yet another F-16 into the tree?

If I was playing France I’d just be annoyed to be forced to grind the same vehicles again and again and again, it’s why I no longer play certain trees because I’m sick and tired of grinding through Shermans, T-34s and T-series.

1 Like

Is it possible to do something similar for the German aviation branch, for example, aircraft from damn Argentina, which was added to the research branch 4 years ago? Or are only other countries allowed to add equipment from other countries and associations, without any logic?

i believe so this issue remains most of usa ground rb used french technical to add a sherman into french turret is not a copy paste, i believe people were buying real shermans then discarding american turret and put newly designed french turret to fit onto sherman with newly mounted ammunition…

If I was playing France I’d just be annoyed to be forced to grind the same vehicles again and again and again, it’s why I no longer play certain trees because I’m sick and tired of grinding through Shermans, T-34s and T-series.

Poor german…

Oh well 😅

Forced to? Are you kidding?