Dutch and Belgian Aircraft are Joining the French Tree!

Oh, it still needs more work, for sure. Namely, more Italian vehicles, more Hungarian vehicles, and even more sub trees. But I’m sure it’ll come. War Thunder does things in steps over a prolonged period of time, but if a vehicle was built, it’ll come to the game. So, no issue.

Eh, it has other highlights.

You can play it for the 90/53, which is pretty cool. For the Turan, which is basically a better Pz IV. For the Fiat 6614 and the R3, very fun vehicles (the former of which a nuke machine).

You can play it for the OF-40, the Leopard 40/70, and the AUBL.

Even at Rank VI, you can have a lot of fun with the Centauro.

Though the ideal objective is to make every tree fun at every BR, it’s also not an issue if a tree isn’t strong absolutely everywhere. Germany lacks strong top tier air, but the rest of the air tree is pretty lit. There’s plenty in Italy that looks interesting even if they’re not there yet at top tier, something that will change once they get the Leo2A7HU.

I look forward to the addition of the Romanian Maresal at some point in the future.

What else do you expect people to respond when you rant about the 35k points for the AVRE and say playing the game is like eating mold? What other possible response is there beyond, it sounds like you aren’t having fun and maybe it isn’t for you?

Oh, it still needs more work, for sure. Namely, more Italian vehicles, more Hungarian vehicles, and even more sub trees. But I’m sure it’ll come. War Thunder does things in steps over a prolonged period of time, but if a vehicle was built, it’ll come to the game. So, no issue.

They do things slowly, very very slowly… if at all, yes.

You can play it for the 90/53, which is pretty cool. For the Turan, which is basically a better Pz IV. For the Fiat 6614 and the R3, very fun vehicles (the former of which a nuke machine).
OF-40, the Leopard 40/70, and the AUBL.

A lot of works to get to some of the later vehicles just for some fun when it’s ultimately just not a great tree… at least the Turan is still lower than the overtiered Chi-Ri, although the OF is just a Leopard and the Aubl is a miserable vehicle, not to mention how hard the HVG has been nerfed into oblivion once they made the money from the event and it was discarded.

What else do you expect people to respond when you rant about the 35k points for the AVRE and say playing the game is like eating mold?

Not even remotely what I said, I’m saying copy paste vehicles are not a carrot on the stick, which is how the game is designed.

Confirmed unique Benelux additions [model/weapons/etc]:
Mirage 5BA, F-16AM MLU, Fokker G1, Firefly MkIV, Gladiator Mk1, Spitfire LF MkXIVe.

1 Like

Thank god one more nation gets an f16…

The 1997 founded Eurospike GmbH a Joint Venture from Diehl BGT Defence, Rheinmetall respectively 40 Percent shares and Isreali Rafael with 20 Percent shares. If you really want to know. So country is wrong. if you would specify who invented it , it would be a different story. But you didn’t.

Any other questions ? I’m sure we can educate some more here.

The BeNeLux can be its own tech tree their are completed tech trees for ground, aviation and even naval.

1 Like

probably for the same reason you just got a Canadian tank. There’s no rhyme or reason. Especially when Canada should have its on tech tree in another nation.

1 Like

An F-16 no other tech tree has.

I’m gonna be honest, I didn’t reply to you, and I didn’t quote the guy in the above message I just deleted. This forum as adding crap to my posts after I submit the post. At least it was relevant to your post. I didn’t know it was one no one else has.

The above comment I submitted quoted an entire different person I wasn’t even replying to lol.

1 Like

Because it’s literally a grouping of nations called the Benelux. Whichever tree it goes to should get all 3. It’s not the BeLux or NeLux or BeNe, it’s the BeNeLux nations. No different from commonwealth nations. Not to mention, 2 of the 3 have much stronger ties to France than ever did they to Germany. While the 3rd is close enough.

Benelux has nothing to do with anything military however, it’s just snail grouping them together like this, there is no logical reason they should remain as a group of 3 and why the Dutch ground forces being ripped out of Germany so they can copy paste more Leopards into France.

it has cultural relevance, the exact way they have used to integrate other nations equipment. Everyone loved hopping on Britain mains crying over the Canadian Leo. I for one am glad Germany got a taste of the “same” treatment with piss poor reasoning not benefiting them. While I do agree with you to some extent, I’m glad to see the bad takes handed out equally.

1 Like

Not slowly at all, considering that they do more in a single year than some AAA devs get done in a development cycle to then sell for 80 bucks.

There’s a reason why WT is one of the most long-lived and most successful MMOs ever.

Because Italy should have never been an independent tree. But it’s gotten better with Hungary and will get better still later on.

If we can’t condense tech trees into one another, the next best available option is to consolidate them, which is what they’ve been doing.

A better one.

I’ve seen a friend of mine get enough nukes in the thing to know the problem isn’t the vehicle.

Let me clarify. Some of the things you said, like for example

… make it sound like you’re actively not enjoying the game. Now, it’s one thing to discuss whether you and I prefer this or that solution to this or that feature in the game, but it’s obvious that if your outlook on the game is overwhelmingly negative overall, you’re also going to feel negative about a sub tree.

God, please no. We already have too many independent tech trees in the game. I strongly support more nations being added, but no more independent trees.

Once again, BRD and DDR vehicles are in the same tree. The game doesn’t group vehicles like IRL. Otherwise we’d still have locked matchmaking.

Yet.

If you are being specific to the exact configuration as will be presented (we don’t yet know the exact ordnance fitout and there are a few potential options which may constrain things) The US, and maybe the Swedish / German / Italian Tech Tree (via future sub trees) may be able to get equivalents or close counterparts in the future from a few client nations as the MLU / OCU was fairly widely used (or if they properly modeled the -ADF) .

Not slowly at all, considering that they do more in a single year than some AAA devs get done in a development cycle to then sell for 80 bucks.

Lmao what?

Because Italy should have never been an independent tree. But it’s gotten better with Hungary and will get better still later on.

So more than half a decade later we’re still waiting for it to get good, Japan taking even longer and has been overtaken by Sweden in a few years for what it’s been waiting for for close to a decade.

A better one.

Negligible difference not worth grinding a tree for.

I’ve seen a friend of mine get enough nukes in the thing to know the problem isn’t the vehicle.

Really solid argument there lol…

make it sound like you’re actively not enjoying the game.

Just sounds like I’m critical of the game and it’s design and you’re trying to make it something it’s not for whatever reason.

Belgium and the Netherlands share (command over) the Benelux airspace, same goes for their navies
Luxembourg just tags along

Dutch integration/deep cooperation with the Bundeswehr is something very recent, something that even post-dates German reunification. Arguably we’ve used a lot of German equipment, but the same thing can be said about American, British, French or even Swedish equipment.

4 Likes

Belgium and the Dutch in France… but what an insult again.
We are really tired of seeing “new nations” merging with others without respecting their own historical identity.

Under the pretext that one country sold equipment to another, they will therefore be merged together? So Gaijin will merge the 197 countries into the 9 Nations of the game?

Do not forget: the Royal Belgian Army, although close brothers to France, has always favored USA, Italian and German equipment.
The Dutch don’t even talk about it…

In this case… When will the Ukrainian units (with a flag) be in the Russian tree ?

Please, stop this and make single trees for all nations without mixing
Please, respect nations, their histories and their flag.

👎 I don’t approve of that!

1 Like

I shit on this game a lot and it’s stupid decision but it takes comments like these to remind me of stuff like that. Thank you lol

1 Like

Look at what CoD does and get back to me.

As I said, Italy should have never been an independent tech tree. It was a mistake. Let’s not even bring Israel into the conversation.

The players are not innocent in this, by the way. More tech trees are requested all the time, even though they’ve always been a terrible idea. Some of those requests are being repeated in this very thread.

However, you cannot honestly say Italy right now is remotely comparable to what it was at launch.

They’re obviously doing them one at a time. We had Sweden, then Italy, then France. Not sure if China or Japan next, but obviously the rotation will continue.

Subjective opinion which, judging by the increase in Italy players, clearly many people don’t share.

It is. Do you think it’s a coincidence that light vehicles keep going up in BR? In a game based on capture points and pinpoint accuracy, mobility and RoF are the meta. All the more so given the connection to flying.

That’s my point, you don’t sound like you’re critical of the game but like you’re pissed off at it and feel forced to play parts of the game you’re not interested in.

Usually criticism in a leisure context is about stuff that can be done better in a product you otherwise enjoy overall.

I don’t know about you, but if I’m watching a TV show and I think it’s hot garbage, I drop it. If a book is crap, I DNF it. Same with a game.

1 Like

Dutch integration/deep cooperation with the Bundeswehr is something very recent, something that even post-dates German reunification

Considering this is primarily about Leopards and such the recent part is more relevant, as we’re not talking about Dutch WW2 tanks.