Dreams Come True 2026 Predictions

In a little more than a month, the trailer for the November major update should appear. Going by the pattern of the last two years, this trailer will reveal the main prize for this year’s Dreams Come True event.

Do any of you have any predictions of what the reward vehicle might be? Any speculations? I’m curious to hear your thoughts.

I’ll start this thread with my own prediction. In the past, DCT rewards have always been vehicles highly requested by the community for a long time, typically since the early to mid-2010s. This highly requested status is the most fundamental requirement for a DCT vehicle. Naturally, this includes almost exclusively WWII-era vehicles, as that was the game’s range back then. In addition, the kind of highly-requested-ness that constitutes a DCT vehicle is brought about by extremely unique characteristics (e.g., the Sturmtiger’s 38cm rocket launcher, the KV-7’s triple-coaxial gun layout, and the XF5U-1’s design) and/or very large popularity among the wider military vehicle enthusiast community or among the communities of other games (which I would say is the case for the TOG 2, which is really the most “normal” DCT vehicle so far design-wise). These vehicles have always been either prototypes or limited production. The Sturmtiger is the sole example among DCT rewards of the latter case; it was a DCT vehicle due to the off-meta-ness of its main armament. In short, DCT vehicles are highly requested for around ten years or more, in a way that sets them apart from other vehicles.

Under the assumption of no repeated nations yet (which, in my opinion, is a reasonable assumption, especially for a special annual event like DCT), the most likely recipient nation for this year’s DCT vehicle is Japan, as it is the only one of the Original Five nations to not have one yet. While it is possible that it could be one of the other later nations, I consider it unlikely, as no vehicles from those nations have been as highly requested (or requested for as long) as vehicles from the Original Five (to my knowledge; correct me if I’m wrong).

For Japan, the clear choice for a DCT vehicle is definitely the O-I superheavy tank. It has been highly requested for many years and is an extremely unique experimental design. However, the O-I has been hard-denied by the developers on multiple occasions due to insufficient information available about the vehicle:

This statement was recently repeated, confirming it as up-to-date:

Therefore, the O-I is impossible for this year. Without the O-I as a possibility, there are not many options available that fit the bill of a DCT vehicle. Among the options that are available, in my opinion, the most viable candidate by far is the Kawasaki Ki-64.

Spoiler


(Retrieved from here.)

Not only was the Ki-64 a one-off prototype that was built and flown with surviving photographs and documentation (hence making it a more than suitable addition according to the game’s standards), but it also fits the bill of a DCT vehicle perfectly:

  • Most importantly, it has been highly requested since 2013 or 2014, when the first suggestion for it was made on the old forum (if I remember correctly). Even today, it is brought up multiple times as a vehicle that would be cool to see in game.
  • It has multiple unique characteristics, namely the propulsion (two V12 inlines, one in front and one behind the cockpit, mated via the central shaft and driving contra-rotating propellers) and cooling system (steam-evaporative system using the wings as radiators, similar to the He 100 D-1 already in game).

To my knowledge, no other Japanese aircraft like this has been as highly or as long requested by the community, and as such I don’t know of anything else it could realistically be. Thus, I have a very strong hunch that the Ki-64 will be this year’s Dreams Come True event vehicle.

I’m curious to hear your thoughts on this prediction, as well as any predictions you may have.

11 Likes

Bob Simple. Always.

29 Likes

I was going to say the same thing

Right. As much as I agree with the assesment that the DCT vehicle needs to be A) at least somewhat requested (hence the “dream” part of DCT) and B) at least somewhat unique, I dont agree with your conclussion.

Ki-64

a) doesnt seem to be that alien to fit the Dream comes true mantra.
b) Is it really that highly requested?

Just because it has been requested for long time does not neccesarily make it highly requested as in number of people, Id say.

3 Likes

EAP

11 Likes

I predict we will get 1 WW2 tank and 1 WW2 plane in total. Not 1 tank and plane for each nation or 1 tank and plane for at least 2 nations. Just 1 tank and 1 plane from WW2.

WW2 enjoyers getting their content from the Major update:
IMG_4841

16 Likes

Vulcan.

4 Likes

Me patiently waiting for the P-40N since i joined the game in april of 2013

Locking Vulcan behind event would be so much on brand with gaijin

9 Likes

OI its fictional, they are not going to add those vehicles.

I will cope and say the israeli Lavi.

2 Likes

Obviously FCM F1 truuust…

6 Likes

Gemini says Kawasaki Ki-64

german tree… looks inside Zerstore spaa.

ZERSTOR SPAA

2 Likes

I have a whole list : f15EX, F22, f35A/B/C , F18G growler, pl15s, aim9X, patriot AA, submarines , aegis arleigh burke class destoryer , 140mm m1 Abrams , Abrams X, m1e3 , yf23, su35, su37, su47 , amber racks, b2 bomber , B21 bomber , b1 lancer , cluster bombs and yes that’s most of what I can think of

4 Likes

Perhaps not very “alien”, but really the TOG 2 isn’t either, I would argue. And in addition, perhaps it is not terribly unique among vehicles from all nations. However, it stands out as significant among Japanese vehicles. No other Japanese aircraft of that era has contra-rotating propellers or a steam evaporative cooling system.

Recall that I am making the assumption of no repeated nations, which rules out any vehicles from USA, USSR, Germany, or Britain. Among the remainders, I still submit that Japan is the most likely recipient, as it’s the one that’s been in the game the longest, and vehicles from the other nations haven’t had the chance to be highly requested for as long. I still believe that DCT vehicles for these nations will still appear, just most likely later.

Of course, if this assumption proves faulty, then there are definitely more viable DCT additions among the “Big Four”. But if it holds, then Japan is the most likely option.

To the second statement in this quote, I say, “True.” However, I would argue that how long a vehicle has been requested for is the more important factor. As an example of this, I present the KV-7 (U-13). This vehicle is definitely the kind of wonky-looking prototype that people on the old forum would talk about and request for the game years and years ago. However, in the new forum, it was largely forgotten and not something I saw brought up very frequently, and I believe it surprised many people (myself included) when it appeared as the reward for DCT 2024. Its suggestion on the new forum, created in July of 2023, received no comments until after DCT 2024 had already started, and it was never even passed to the developers before then. And yet, it is an ideal reward for DCT, because it had been requested since many years ago and because of its very unique design.

And concerning the first statement, again, perhaps it is not the most highly requested addition when considering vehicles from all nations. However, among the nations with no DCT vehicle thus far, it is one of the few candidates that have been requested for over a decade, and the Ki-64 is perhaps the most requested over that time of any of these. I have seen the Ki-64 brought up in a few Rumor Round-Ups on a few occasions from a few different users. This may not seem significant, but it is significant when considering the fact that the primary topic of discussion in such threads is almost exclusively [insert modern/top tier vehicle here]. Further, the suggestion for the Ki-64, linked above, is much more popular with many comments, including multiple expressing how long they’ve been wanting this in-game.

Like I mentioned before, other additions from the Big Four become more likely if the assumption of no repeated nations proves invalid. Since the current pattern of the event series seems to be to iterate through all nations (except maaaybe Israel) once before repeating nations, I believe the assumption to be very reasonable. In this case, I stand by my prediction: the Ki-64 is, to my best understanding, the most likely vehicle for DCT this year.

Feel free to correct me on any of this, if I am wrong on some of the facts.

1 Like

I think it will be m1 Abrams with 140 or su47 tbh or uhh some kind of variation of a lower tier tank in game since I know I want be getting anything cool for top tier

T31 Demolition Tank or Kugelpanzer are my real guesses everything else was just my full wishlist

just had another guess a mid to low tier maybe 7.7 T250 Vigilante 37 mm cannon tank

1 Like

The T31 is a possibility, but definitely not for this year since, even if nations were being repeated, USA would certainly not get two DCT vehicles in a row.

I am unfamiliar with the Kugelpanzer, but if nations were repeating, I would expect Germany to get an aircraft, since they already have a DCT tank (the Sturmtiger).

I’m not sure it’s been highly requested for long enough, but even if it were, it’s impossible for this year since USA got the last DCT vehicle.

1 Like

so USA got last one that leaves Germany Kugelpanzer a circle tank which would be useless in the meta but fun to play A-40 Krylya Tanka might be a massive one it did exist and its russian so maybe possible