Do335B, what happened?

It doesn’t matter how heavy it is, Jets are much heavier but much better at high speed

I don’t expect it to be manoeuvrable as a Spitfire or something. The Do 335 is famous for its high-speed performance, but now it is like a pencil when it is at high speed. By the way, I tested that on the main server; it used to be overload 10g

4 Likes

It seems like Gaijin updated the FM, not the weight, not only hard to pull up but also hard to aim(like P51)

1 Like

Since when was the P-51 hard to aim?

3 Likes

High speed performance doesn’t necessarily mean it can turn well. It was able to go fast not turn well.

They are also designed for much higher speeds and use more powerful engines that gave them better thrust to weight

It has already been at least 7 years, don’t you know that?

At least according to the Do-335 chief test pilot Hans Werner Lerche the Do-335 featured very light controls and the handling characteristics of the a/c were non other than excellent. It is heavy but that doesn’t mean it can’t turn well at high speed.

4 Likes

7 years since what?

Well is “high speed” the maximum speed or the rate speed? Because those can be very different.

At all speeds, plus its great performance, at least it should be close to ME410, however now in the game we know how bad it is

2 Likes

You can read this about P51’s tail issue, which was complained about when the old forum was still existing

What do you mean by “At all speeds”. If something is too slow it doesn’t turn well because there isn’t enough air going over the control surfaces. If something is too fast it compresses and their is too much air going over the control surfaces.

That means before it reaches the maximum speed, it is still easy to control, unless breakup; you can see that happened on many jets. Turning well doesn’t only mean the radius but also the speed and how much time it spends. for FW190 and DO335, that is pretty important, however, Gaijin doesn’t care about it and make a mess. The current limit overloads it due to the Gaijin separately understanding the overload limit with safety factor, which should be 5G1.8=9G, however in RB it should be also multiply with 1.5 times, so it should be around 12-13 G, but Gaijin just uses 51.5=7.5G

1 Like

What? What do you mean by that?

Same here, what does that mean

G limit in the game

Gaijin indeed nerfed the 335B2. It now feels like a death dive when you hit above 700km/h ias and the tail stops responding. I used to be able to pull 9gs out of 850km/h dives. If it was a matter of the vehicle over-performing, I’d rather it be bumped up to 6.3 or something rather than have its FM neutered.

This feels suspiciously timed with the bomber overhaul…

4 Likes

I don’t know if Gaijin gets some secret documents to nerf it, now 335B is even worse than 410B when it is turning

4 Likes

I’ve been playing around in Sim EC for a while, so I thought I’d share my impressions.
Around 450–500 km/h the controls start to get progressively heavier. Past 600 km/h the turning radius becomes ridiculously large, just like those F-104 meme image.
It’s true that the Push-Pull engine layout tends to make the pitch axis heavier compared with single-engine fighters that have the engine in the nose. However, the Do 335 was fitted with very large elevators specifically to keep its high speed maneuverability practical. Its unusually large wing area also gives it a slightly lower wing loading than the Me 410 A-1.

So I think the current in game FM is off.

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I got feeling before, the FM became worse, IDK if I can find some old videos to compare its FM, but it should be better than now