Do you guys think the Su-24M should get its R-73?

With this update we have seen the A-10C with aim9m at 11.3 do you think the Su-24M shoud get its R-73 and be moved up to like 12.0-12.3?

Sukhoi Company (JSC) - Airplanes - Military Aircraft - Su-24ÌÊ - Armaments (source for su24 having r73)

1 Like

There is no evidence that he could have worn them. So no

3 Likes

Could add Su-24M2 with 2x R-73 after Su-24M

Or rename Su-24M → Su-24M2, add R-73 and increase BR to 12.0 or 12.3

2 Likes

He couldn’t wear them. The Sukhovites only made a proposal for modernization, no one said that this proposal was fulfilled

3 Likes

It is arleady Su-24M2, open modifications menu

2 Likes

It already struggles at whatever BR it is. Why would you want it to be even worse? Or is that the point?

1 Like

If you can’t drop bombs on bases at 11.3. You really wont be able to at 12.0/12.3 with 4x R-73

Maybe 2x R-73s (if it had them) could be fine for 11.7 though. (I want Aim-9Li on the 11.7 Tonrado IDSs)

If you are trying to dogfight in an Su-24M. Then why? You are meant to be dropping bombs on bases.

2 Likes

Its more self defence and the way to a base as you will encounter fighters that r60’s cant dispatch and since its not designed to dogfight its difficult to get guns on especially if they are coming in at a -AOA on to above you

Any targets that the R-60 can’t deal with from front aspect likely can’t be dealt with with R-73 from the same aspect.

Unfortunately R-73 is just not suited for War Thunder, especially without slaving.

2 Likes

Yes. But Id take a lower BR over better AAMs where-ever possible.

I would kill for the Torando Gr1 to be 11.3 instead of 11.7 and only want AAM upgrades for it because its forced to be at 11.7 because it was Gaijined.

ARB though, just isnt designed for strike aircraft of any kind. What is needed is an RB EC Gamemode. In the meantime. I would recommend learning how to play Air Sim.

1 Like

From the front yes but when you are returning to you airfield the r60 while even in rear aspect cant dispatch enemies but r73 would as the su24m in this current state of warthunder is really a waste of a potential fighter especially with the napalm buff causing mig23 players to bring 2 R24R and 2 napalm bombs being faster to the base and better at killing enemies at the same br

1 Like

Even with a lower br its basically a waste of airframe in the current way air rb is as a MIG23 does the same job as a su24 with how napalm works as they can take 2 R24R 2 napalm bombs and out perform the su24m as a bomber to the base and during rtb

I don’t think bombers do that that much.

1 Like

Nearly every match i play that i dont die on the way to bases i end up returning to my base to get more bombs to try get more rp so i end up returning to my base nearly every match

I don’t know how often you get to go back to base to rearm but I can assure you it’s going to be a lot less often once you are facing AMRAAMs.

1 Like

Id honestly be very happy with it just getting movable gunpods again. Its meh at its current tier , it certainly doesnt need to go up.

1 Like

You verse the f-14 what already fires 6/4 aim54 or with the iriaf fakour-90 but even if it versed vehicles like the av8b+ you now have ralt to use multipathing as with the su24 you already have to stay that low to avoid radar guided missiles at the br

If it was 12.0 I would be more scared of the F-16s than the AV-8B+s. Heck even at 11.7 you would encounter them,

1 Like

F16 are a problem yes but if it had r73 it could deal with them as a side or rear launch has a decent chance at killing them and the 12.7 f16 only has ir but now that i do think of it 12.0 would be bad for it not because of f16 or av8b+ but f15 what out speed it with 4 9m and 4 7m

R73 would only pump up the BR further. Its fine where its at , R60s arent that bad.

1 Like