Discussion on ZTZ99A model errors in game

I love how Gaijin is just screwing over nations that aren’t Russia, NATO/China are more secretive and do not publish their capabilities publically and Gaijin has a major lack of common sense, thinking that somehow the 99A (which uses an entirely new chassis compared to WZ1001, 99-II and 99-III) has the same protection as before.

4 Likes

Community Bug Reporting System I uploaded report

1 Like

This source can be posted in a bug report showing that 99A has protection of 800mm against KE and 1400mm CE.

Ok good, hopefully Gaijin doesn’t deny it.

700mm is minimum that we must have in game

1 Like

because ztz mustnt be one shot from leopard in ufp

1 Like

even without era on ufp

From TrickZZter:
There is no error. In the previous major update 99A had incorrect visual model and incorrect armor. Almost all issues have been fixed in 2.39. But in some places the volumetric armor had intersections, which is why it did not work correctly. As a temporary solution, the developers disabled volumetric armor immediately after the release of 2.39. On the 24.09.2024 Production got resource update with corrected armor model. Players mostly have not noticed this change because volumetric armor was still disabled. The developers took a pause to allow everyone to update their resources, and yesterday they enabled volumetric armor again. Which you can seen in the datamine. After enabling the volumetric armor all the remaining issues have been corrected. One of them was lowered protection at the lower corners of the upper armor plate.

We asked developers if the current armor is correct and they checked it again and told us that it’s correct. These are correct protection values provided by developers:

1 Like

This table is completely ridiculous and does not match the data given in reality, and the development team does not explain where their references come from, but it somehow weakens the armor of the 99A. That’s 200KE!

1 Like

I want to know when the armor problem of 99A will be corrected, this update might as well not add gaijin’s so-called changes, if you can’t solve this problem, please roll back the hull armor data of 99A to the previous 800KE time

1 Like

a new report

In the game, the composite armor of ZTZ99A is: 20+150+50=220mm.
The tilt angle is 69 °
According to trigonometric functions:220/cos(69°)=613mm
The current equivalent thickness coefficient of 99A composite armor in the game is 1.175
613x1.175=720mm
or
150/cos(69°)=418mm
(20+50)/cos(69°)=195mm
418+195=613mm
at present, the NERA value of the 99A hull in the game is only 520mm.
and, It seems that NERA in the game has not enabled physical thickness calculation

99A复合装甲计算错误//Gaijin.net//问题

2 Likes

the 99A chassis has a slight tilt angle // Gaijin.net // Issues

3 Likes

its just fake tabble, because I wrote yesterday report and one interesting fact, he wrote that its
double but he accepted another one with 700mm

i think we won

1 Like

link?

1 Like

That 7** should be a number close to 800. the pic says "over 7mm"**
any way, I also done a issue.
ZTZ-99A hull armor value incorrect // Gaijin.net // Issues
@MirageTank1 it’s done, though not polished.
I thought they provided the NERA ratio in update log, but it ended no. so it’s not as good as I promised.

3 Likes

Wrong protection of FY-4 ERA on ZTZ-99A’s hull // Gaijin.net // Issues

1 Like

suspected bug in shell penetration value // Gaijin.net // Issues

armor is not calculated by trigonometric. all long rod APFSDS gets better pen in large angles than calculated by trigonometric

so, let’s make Russian tanks more realistic as well XD
why do they tacitly allow Russian vehicles to have more non-existent armor? That’s really strange.
must not be because of prejudice, right?
excess turret armor for T90M // Gaijin.net // Issues