Discussion on ZTZ99A model errors in game

They are treating it as a historical bug report rather than what the others are saying is a game bug report. If the armor was found to be incorrect and needed nerfing, the devs would’ve included it in their dev blogs on update changes. There was no mention of this but the armor protection decreased when the devs said they are buffing it to fix the weakspots without ERA.

There is enough information that warrants a dev investigation. The bug report mods are incorrectly gate keeping this by mistakenly shooting down the reports on “no historical evidence” when it should be reported as a bug like when a tank falls thru a map. Errors happen, it’s not hard to forward it to the dev team and they could do a quick check on it, again, it really isn’t that hard to ask for confirmation based off of conflicting evidence… I do this all the time in engineering, it’s part of the QUALITY process…

If this is intentional, then the devs would be able to clarify it saying they have sources that the value is correct, and then we know bug reports must be focused on proving the armor protection of the 99A, a higher bar to reach.

2 Likes

Probably means that part ignores collision with static objects or something like that.

Can we get smin or Bowen to come have a look.

Interestingly, they refused to increase the armor of the WZ1001 to ZTZ99A’s previous level when it had ~800 mm KE armor, and now they inexplicably nerf the ZTZ99A down to the WZ1001 armor level.
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/CrmyFqRGxPLA

1 Like

WZ1001 uses the hull of ZTZ99, not 99A.

That’s why report is rejected.

but now the armor of 99A has been reduced to the same thickness as 1001/old 99.
prior to this, the 99A hull in the official server had 800KE,after the small update on the 25th, there are only 600+KE left.
now TrickZZter has been refusing to acknowledge this issue. And use incorrect DEV server values as references
Gaijin recent continuous modification of 99A armor is aimed at restoring the new model to the same level of protection as before, and they have no reason to reduce 200KE for no reason

Spoiler

2 Likes

1 Like

so the new 99a model won’t be applied to wz1001? but they used same turret

So, what is the source used by the development team to determine the current value of ZTZ99A’s KE? What’s more, the reduction of about 200KE without giving any reason is a devastating blow to the gaming experience.

3 Likes

The 99A’s UFP composite array thickness has been wrong this entire time, ever since the tank was first added. It should be 250mm thick and not 225mm like the old 99. There is also a bug with the turret armor, the left and right turret cheeks have different protection values, the left cheek (when viewed from the front) is missing a 65mm RHA backing plate and as a result, is approximately 100mm weaker versus KE and CE compared to the right cheek. You can see it in the protection analysis. @MirageTank1

5 Likes

Just to note last version it was this

It currently is the same as this

Screenshot 2024-09-27 083322

2 Likes

Yeah I know, they just nerfed 99А armor to level of WZ1001 but HOW they literally have different composite materials, how can they have similar armor? Gaijin logic

1 Like

The funny thing is that before when was report about wz1001 armor buff to 99A level they said that armor is different and they will not buff 1001, but today they nerfed 99A to 1001 level when they have different composite characteristics, nice logics Gaijin.

5 Likes

I’m assuming you mean the ZTZ99-II and III hull, and I’m also assuming you mean it was modified to accept the larger engine - wouldn’t that mean the WZ1001 should have a much smaller lower frontal plate like zhe ZTZ99-II/III have?

It does and it is significantly lower than ZTZ99A in game despite the same turret.

we need to return back 700+ mm maybe create a report with some not secret documents?

This is going to be you need docs for a modern tank and it is classified.

I found old post on forum about 99A armor also with some pictures: “PPT from the chief scientist of ZTZ99A showed us that the front penetration resistance is higher than 700mmRHA for APFSDS and higher than 1000mmRHA for HEAT.
but In-game the penetration resistance for ZTZ99A is much lower than what was said in PPT, the front main armour could only stop around 585mmRHA and 600mmRHA, but for main armour it should be able to stop round that has 700mmRHA penetration.”

屏幕截图 2024-09-26 212340

1 Like