Discussion on ZTZ99A model errors in game

And front plate without era today is very cardroboard

I will report this issue later

ok

What’s the construction angle of the armor?

And what is the equivalent supposed to be?

new report

the thickness of the ZTZ99A headlight part is only 500mm // Gaijin.net // Issues

its not only headlight its upper front plate thickness 490mm

1 Like

you can add this in the comments section of the report

the current collection of remaining issues:
ZTZ99a hull composite armor length needs to be increased // Gaijin.net // Issues

the thickness of the ZTZ99A headlight part is only 500mm // Gaijin.net // Issues

ZTZ99A armor model not aligned with appearance // Gaijin.net // Issues

ZTZ99A ammunition loader height issue // Gaijin.net // Issues

equivalent ratio increased, but it said it’s thickness reduiced, caused decrease in hull main armor, but increase in edge

1 Like

do you still have a screenshot of the equivalent armor thickness from before? can submit another one.
I did not save the previous screenshot

I don’t have too, someone told me this. maybe in Chinese Tieba, there could be some people discuss this, and have screenshots

1 Like

I’ll look for it later

I checked datamine, there is nothing but only equivalent ratio increase, so could be modelling change?

I believe it is, there was a photo in a thread where obj.292 can’t even pen ufp, seem to have changed significantly.

Best armor ZTZ 99A or bug ?! - Machinery of War Discussion / Ground Vehicle - War Thunder — official forum There are some pictures there.
689mm equivalence lol.
It seemingly has been manually aligned with old WZ1001.

1 Like

But why, ztz99a armor cannot be similar to ztz99-||| armor, but today its similar

IDK GAIJING logic.

I kinda hate how everyone talks about the “wow model rework, how nice of gaijin to buff the 99A, hope other nations get buff too” while they’ve legit only corrected the model but have been shadow nerfing the thing into oblivion.
Hey on the good side ( for them) at the very least they’re not ignoring the issues with it ( looking at you Q-5 series) but are making them even worse (((((

1 Like

they seem to reference the earliest old data from 99A, absurd