Discussion on ZTZ99A model errors in game

these parts have been modified currently. there are still some waiting

Spoiler
3 Likes

The ZTZ-99A might receive a reduction in turret protection with this ticket. Due to the fact that Warthunder doesn’t take into consideration the angle of impact for ERA when calculation protection.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/eiufHARphz3q

I really don’t see why this is acknowledged, as he said ‘FY5 is thicker’ then pulled out in game model. Like any chance of in game model is completely inaccurate cause there are 0 image of FY5? I just really want to ask why such a poorly supported issue can be passed so quickly whilst all others have to wait.

3 Likes

i mean just by looking at reports dude has so many thing about chinese vehicles aknowledged it’s crazy and he is buffing some chinese vehicles but also nerfing em (he wanted to remove commander overide from my beautiful 96A(p) and its siblings T-T)

no, this guy almost only releases reports that are unfavorable for china vehicles. obviously, this is a typical red neck

2 Likes

He has provided 0 source as other reports have been rejected with more sources.

1 Like

also after fix ztz99a has a very cardroboard armor in hull onle 500mm

this was dtc with 577 mm of pen on 500m distance

Bro just the sheer contrast, it used be the only one to uphold a 292 152mm APFSDS.

it doesnt hold 292

after update they nerfed ztz99a armor to 480-500mm cardroboard

It used to with a bit of angle, no other can even attempt.

before update, but today ztz have a cardroboard upper front plate

The stats are still the same right? You just shot through the area with no ERA which have always been a weak spot although compared to lower glacis no one shoots at it.

but he had 600+ before the update not 480mm

1 Like

without era

1 Like

Why they nerfed his armor because before the update it was his very big advantage to russian mbts but today ztz99a has only big disadvantages compared to t80bvm t90m. think, reload 7.1 its longer than bvm, bad cardroboard armor without era, bad shell because only 577 and its incorrect must be al least 639 like abrams

the content of this modification is to increase the equivalent thickness of the lower part of ERA.
gaijin achieves this directly by increasing the thickness of NERA.

Spoiler

2B5708979E133D6710EE47BF68BFA115

the armor of the car headlights is a modeling issue.so it wasn’t affected.
we can wait a little longer, or I can provide another report

1 Like

I tested ztz99a armor and it was pen by dtc on 500m range