Discussion on ZTZ99A model errors in game

Pretty certain the J-16 is the most advanced Flanker in the world today, beating the Russian Flanker variants.

The J-20 is also a far more credible program than either the SU-57 or SU-75, and it’s been steadily producing fighters is large quanities.

The T-72B3 is currently the most advanced T-72 variant in service. It’s not even the the best T-72 Russia has produced, the T-72B2 was the superior upgrade and they failed to materialize that as the primary model going forwards. This has meant they are now stuck with the extremely mediocre T-72B3 which has a bunch of band-aid upgrades slapped onto it.

Russia does of course produce the T-90M, but it’s being utilized in such low quantities to be almost a total non-factor.

5 Likes

Pretty certain the J-16 is the most advanced Flanker in the world today, beating the Russian Flanker variants

The ultimate Flankers are both the J-15 and J-16 without a doubt, shouldn’t even be debated, people who disagree are just either unaware of these vehicles capabilities or ignorant.

2 Likes

The ZTZ99A is god awful and only has few tricks going for it like mobility and good optics, the armour feels like Lego bricks which fall apart the minute something hard hits and the survivability is genuine ass.

I’ve managed to survive more hits in my M1A1 than in my ZTZ99A, this is a vehicle which is also meant to have spall liners which bare in mind are essential for 11.7 (in order to be viable compared to the T-80BVM or Leo 2A7/122) vehicles at this point but lacks them all together.

The new J-10A and JF-17 are a breath of fresh air however and I’m pleased with these additions, I just hope ground gets the same love (neglection in reality, the J-11A is also still cheeks).

4 Likes

J10A and JF17 both have slight problems with FM but we are trying to fix. J10 acceleration is slower than IRL (by quite a margin, nearly twice as slow as F16 at certain altitudes) and JF17 should be faster with more engine power. I am getting J10A RN so I hopefully will be getting it before October.

2 Likes

@Smin1080p_WT what’s the status on the model rework for the ZTZ-99A? It was described as a rework releasing this update but the only real change was trimming down hull height. Where is the gun mantlet changes and probably most importantly the spall liners (not just for this or Chinese tanks, the other tanks missing them too)? It’s fine if it’s still in the works and didn’t fully complete in time for the patch, but we’d like to know what is going on and that we aren’t being left out to hang.

4 Likes

the armor of the gun shield has been replenished
QQ图片20240914133234

2 Likes

Is that including the slimmer breach armor too? The big steel block around the piece you are showing? It was too wide in the original model.

1 Like

99A耳轴缩短
the visual model has been modified, but the armor model has not been modified yet. the relevant ISS has been approved
ZTZ99A armor model not aligned with appearance // Gaijin.net // Issues

5 Likes

Possibly new GL-6 or new APS?

1 Like

no
maybe GL-7(I named him)
3C7C1FB742C13E0612A828CDCB26D68E

2 Likes

It doesn’t look like GL-6.

I don’t know, but I did find a closer photo of it though.

4 Likes

Yes, I think this new type active defense system may have different launch tube modules that can be replaced as operational needed.

Need more of those photos, where does everyone go looking for new PLA photos?

Found them on chinese twitter, those are the only images i could find (as of now).

Any progress information if they will or want to fix it?

weibo or just twitter but search in chinese? I am confused bro.

Normal twitter, chinese account

I cannot read chinese anymore, but I think its the same APS?

Edit: Nevermind, seems like its something different. It’s from 2022, allegedly a Type 15 based vehicle testing

In fact I have seen tank based hard kill APS testing on CCTV as early as 2017 and that was 100% not VT4 either.
edit: CHina likes to test a lot and not apply it. funny enough