[Discussion] Balance, Bias, Matchmaking and Battle Ratings

Which is a pretty severe nerf for them.
The only other nerf that is needed is the ammo rack being made internal instead of external

Jeez US mains cannot stop crying, they’re getting so many buffs this update but apparently it’s never good enough.

You could give them the F-22 and F-35 rn and they’d still be upset

5 Likes

IMG_3003

1 Like

200% accuracy nerf is just a little more spread ?

2 Likes

Let me correct that for you, YOU are not good enough to be affecting the win rates.

One person alone cannot affect win rates

But two can as seen in the case of the CL-13 mk4 a year or two ago.

3 Likes

It’s genuinely ridiculous that an SPAA ever feels safe enough to push a tank, let alone a tank that is actively watching the corner they are pushing. There definitely isn’t a balancing disaster right there, nosiree!

It’s also ridiculous that people say the kv1 is “mid”. Yeah sure dude tell that to my british 75 and how 4 fucking shots to its drivers port (all of which penned) didn’t finish it off. “Why are you shooting the same place 4 times” WELL WHEN IT WORKED THE FIRST TWO TIMES THE HITCAM TOLD ME THE SPALL WAS DAMAGING THE CREW IT DIDN’T OUTRIGHT KILL. Also it’s a KV-1 where else is the most anemic cannon in the entire game supposed to penetrate it frontally. Like my fault I guess I should have tried to flank in my Churchill when the KV wasn’t alone.

2 Likes

Just trust in the m61 shot, the difference between the aphe and solid shot variant is night and day. Youll go from non penning the mantlet of the t34/kv1 to cleaving right through every time. The modifiers for them are insane.

Youll finally be able to kill the t34 1942 through the cheeks without the bullshit secondary plate blocking all your spall.

My trio of the Apocalypse at 4.7 is the churchill mk7, t-14 and the premium kv1 for sweden with the cast turret and 76mm. They all slap unbelievably hard.

Makes me think the mk7 may not go up if we play our cards right, as i would say the t14 is better purly due to the stab and faster speed, although i dont hold up much hope for my excelsior apart from the fact the roof armour is so weak on it youll be over pressured by 105mm heat striking your turret face.

Gaijin doesn’t balance things by just looking at their winrates.

Getting 2.5x more spread isn’t just “a little”.
Thinking that’s not a valid nerf just shows your biases.

3 Likes

Apparently it does by SL income.
Just that killing a lot of enemies for SL kind of chains into better winrate

no? sl income is very very random

Responding To Your Feedback On Separate Battle Ratings - Official News, Development Blogs and Updates - War Thunder — official forum

Found it after someone replied to my reworked stadistics thread which was merged in here

But that’s the only clue, the little “wonder machine” used for data analysis is an enigma.

Yes, which is why I said that Gaijin doesn’t balance things by just WRs.

explain the state of the french tree then

no I’ve spaded multiple 75 shermen, I am just not a fan of that style of gun. perhaps the churchill 7 will be different though

hey so I hate you personally now because you play an up-armored KV-1. Genuinely braindead easy mode tank. The only “bad” KV-1 is the KV-8. It genuinely astounds me how anyone can ever call this fucking thing “mid” or “bad” when you can play like an absolute moron and not get punished for it ever.

Just because You are bad at the game doesn’t mean that KVs are hard to kill

The game has basically turned into this: buy a premium vehicle, grind as much research as you can until it gets nerfed, and then move on to another vehicle once it’s been weakened by War Thunder. It has clearly become pay-to-win, and it’s been like this for a long time.

New technologies don’t properly fit into the old game engine. When the Centurion Mk.5 AVRE was first released, I couldn’t destroy it no matter where I shot it, and that was the moment I started losing interest in the game. I experienced the same issue again when the BMPT-72 was introduced.

I’ve loved War Thunder for years because it offered a realistic combat experience. In realistic ground battles, playing as a tanker can be just as enjoyable as flying aircraft. However, when I enter 8.0 BR tank battles, I see situations like the Israeli M60 having sabot rounds while the opposing side does not. Why are sabot rounds even present at 8.0 BR? Let us experience combat with the technology appropriate to that era.

Also, whenever a new nation is introduced, why does it have to be overpowered? Just look at HEAT shells and the Israeli Sherman as examples. There’s no longer any enjoyment in playing something like Tiger battles, because a post-WWII shell can come in and one-shot my slow, heavy tank that I spent 30 minutes carefully advancing.

Then there are the new additions like the Chinese premium Su-30 and PL-12 missiles. They are unrealistically strong. I say this as someone who plays both the F-16 and the Su-30: when I used the Su-30 with PL-12s, I could simply fire a missile and disengage, and I could reliably get kills without much effort. I was consistently getting at least four kills per match in a way that didn’t feel realistic at all.

Maps should be larger, and the game needs a new engine. Battle ratings should be determined based on the ammunition technology you choose. For example, there’s no real reason to equip SARH missiles on the Su-30 when PL-12s or RVV-AE exist. While maps already scale somewhat with BR, I believe we need significantly larger maps overall. In modern combat, aircraft engagements have been confirmed at distances of up to 300 km.

I believe balance is still achievable, but right now there is unfortunately no BR range that I genuinely enjoy playing. Please give us back the game we used to love.

3 Likes

and with the game engine and how they are implemented the missiles don’t go even the distance they were designed too…

2 Likes