[Discussion] Balance, Bias, Matchmaking and Battle Ratings

Just showing your true colours when that’s the only response you can come up with.

Very ironic for you of all people to be accusing others of being a crybaby.

To your nonsense - yes.
Maybe you could finally provide evidence of the bias you claim that exists.
What you currently do is just crying and coping with this bias nonsense, because you are just bad at the game.

Who is crying about a non existent bias as a coping mechanism? because it is not me for sure.

They would never do that only because stabilised T-34-85 and T-44 existed and USSR tested stabilised sights on some of their tanks before the war but non saw further production because of war starting.

1 Like

You have been told a dozen times. GJN posted evidence of their RussianBias themselves when they released that MANPADS devblog. They specifically mentioned how they were using Russian documents on the igla as “average g”, but interpreting western documents as “maximum instantaneous g”. If that wasn’t bad enough, they doubled down saying “they couldn’t see how the Stinger would turn so much better with such a small increase in fin area”. Lot’s of “we think”, “we believe”, and “we cope”.

It’s funny how your type always have to try and bring it back to stats. I know I’m not great at ground rb, but that doesn’t make me wrong. You’re also bad at WT, you don’t see me using it against you as an insult.

Crying? I probably abuse RussianBias more than you do. The difference is I don’t think it is fair for the game to remain this way.
You on the other hand rage every time someone brings up RussianBias, or points it out, like you’re getting paid to do it haha. I hope you are and you aren’t just shilling for a Russian company out of your own volition.

Rly? Can you give me some info on them? Or link it? I am interested.
I know they actually developed NVD too, but stabs look interesting.

Again, they have standardized it by some formula. Just like they did with tank shells.
And guess what buddy, they are not accurate at all!
The new crytoy tank, the Object 292 is missing 300mm of it’s pen. And it is a russian tank.
It is an universal thing, and applies to every tech tree.
Just like APHE doing more damage, and solidshot less, than it IRL did.
Also, APCR and early APDS is basically useless, and not realistic at all.

Yet you don’t seem to cry about those.

Yes, you cry about it. Also, why do you think it is fair to be in the game (let’s suppose for the sake of the argument that it is real)?

Damn, they are already late for the latest month’s payment!

Now seriously: I just debunk your nonsense.

I am constantly calling them out on their BS. I am also not defending them when i debunk your nonsense. I just state facts.

“Танковая мощь СССР. Часть 3. Золотой век”
Or theres web site version of the book at Читать онлайн "Танковая мощь СССР. Часть 3. Золотой век" - Свирин Михаил Николаевич - RuLit - Страница 38
AdBlock is adviced.
Без названия - 2024-02-02T181536.856
Без названия - 2024-02-02T181547.937
Stabilised T-34-85 were named T-34-85-ST

Oh and I seemed to have been wrong about stabilised sights, they were produced on latest T-26 ans BT-7 series.

Spoiler

You can read about NVG and TOS-1 stabilised sight at
# Первые советские ИК приборы и стабилизаторы прицела танковых орудий - "Оружейная экзотика". (Нереализованные проекты, опытная и малоизвестная серийная военная техника) — LiveJournal
82963_original
83200_640

1 Like

Thanks, i will look at it.

If that’s your interpretation of the MANPADS devblog, then you need to use a better translation software or something, because you’re reading it completely wrong. It’s not my job to teach you English on the forums.

All darts and apds are doing that below 9.0~9.7

What does Gaijin using a simplified formula for damage calculation because of a lack of hardware capability (in the average gamer’s PC/console) have to do with artificially nerfing missiles using PID to Bang-Bang levels of effectiveness when PID is literally modeled in game already?

Penetration formulas → lot of variables, and you need a super computer to run them extremely accurately → Gaijin uses a simplified formula so that the average PC can play the game well → Gaijin fixes rounds when the penetration values are egregiously off from official sources

PID and Bang-Bang → PID is much more efficient than Bang-Bang, meaning you can pull harder in a missile with PID → PID is already implemented in game, and does not require insane levels of PC performance to use as a controller → Gaijin shouldn’t artificially limit PID missiles because Bang-Bang missiles suck

That simple enough for you?

2 Likes

Best tank round in the game becomes Russian, is able to pen every tank in the game, and is at 10.0 when it’s got comparable armor and gun handling, but better mobility, than USSR 10.7 tanks. The thing should be a glass cannon due to it’s round, so in order to actually be the ‘glass’ part of ‘glass cannon’ it should be able to be penetrated by most tanks at its BR. The lowest BR where that is true is 11.0, so it should be minimum 11.0, yet it is 10.0.

Isn’t the USSR the tech tree that relies on APHE the most (especially in lower tiers)?

That is not what i said.
What i meant is that instead of using official data, they use a formula. If you look up official data, for example the M61 APHE has ~90mm pen, not 104, and the M72 has ~110mm pen, not ~90.

Because it is not a 11.0 worthy tank.
it has bad gun handling, has no ERA, no MG, reload time is awful, ready rack is small, bad gun depression, any hit that pens kills it, no thermals.
It is a glass cannon.
But even then, you need to know where to aim, depsite haing the most pen.

It is funny, taht you just say, that “best tank round in the game”, while rank per rank, this is the only russian/soviet tank that has the best round.
You don’t deem to cry about the Ikv 103, the M-51, chinese TDs with high pen dart and tandem ATGM with thermals, etc.
This is peak confirmation bias on your side.
Do you remember when everybody was crying rivers about the Object 775 on the dev server?
Do you know what happened, when they released it to the live server? Nobody talks about it, yet before that, everybody was crying russian bias about it.

The same way as Germany or USA.
EDIT:
And Japan, China.
EDIT2:
And Italy, Sweden.

Same gun handling as the 10.7 T-90A.

The armor is comparable to the T-90A, even with the Obj 292 not having ERA.

A lot of glass cannons don’t have MG’s.

It’s mm of pen/sec is better than most of the Russian 10.0 tanks.

It’s only 6 less than the T-90A, T-90M, or T72B-3 - and with the 695mm of pen of the 292 it is only lacking in the ballpark of 15% less penetration than the tanks mentioned: 695mm * 16 rounds = 11,120mm of pen, versus 12,760mm pen.

It’s got more than the T-90A, and the same as the T-80U, T72B3, and T-80BVM. It’s literally only worse than the T-90M’s depression by a singular degree.

Yes, that is what should happen to a glass cannon.

A small debuff, I guess. Not worth lowering from 11.0 due to the insane penetration of its round and its armor would be too good for it to still be a glass cannon.

At 11.0 it would be, there’s literally no Br lower than 11.0 where most of the tanks would easily be able to pen it.

If “knowing where you need to aim” includes every single spot on a tank that won’t ricochet, then I guess you’re right, but I doubt you meant that.

Does Russia have a better round than 3BM60 in service? I mean Russia also has some of the best armor in the game (and until the Leo 2A7V and Strv 122+ were added, they had the best), and Gaijin isn’t implementing the anti-ERA properties of M829A2 nor are they going to for M829A3 going off of the devblog on the Abrams.

It can’t pen literally every single tank in the game frontally, and it isn’t top tier. For the record, it is annoying.

Most of the new artillery tanks have similar rounds while having better maneuverability, also I rarely ever see people talk about it.

Which ones are those? Also a lot of Russian MBT’s get ATGM’s at similar BR’s to the ones I think you’re referring to while actually being a tank.

What could possibly be unbalanced about a tank with a much smaller frontal profile with equivalent armor but a decently better ATGM being at the same BR as a ATGM tank with a much larger frontal profile and a worse ATGM (/s)?

I clicked on four random tanks from Tiers I through V in the US tree, so 20 tanks in total (about a sixth of the total amount in the entire tech tree, and I only looked at conventional tanks, not SPAA’s), and only one of them (the M22) had any type of APHE round.

I did the same thing with Germany, and only 1 tank (the Dicker Max) has an APHE round.

I did pick random tanks, so there might be more with APHE shells, but off of my random sampling only 5% of the tech tree (where APHE is actually seen commonly, which to my knowledge it isn’t past Tier V generally but feel free to correct me) uses APHE for both the US and Germany.

If you want to do the same with the minor nations you mentioned feel free, they likely have a decent amount of Russian exports in them so yeah wouldn’t be surprised if they had more APHE than the US or Germany.

1 Like

Worse.

The ERA does a lot on the T-90A.
Plus any shell penning the turret will blow up the ammo rack in the back.

Huh?

What mental gymnastics are you doing here? Why do you even multiply the pen by the ready rack size?
Guess what, the CM11 has 33*430=14190, so is it better than the Object 292?

Which is still bad. Those others have better survivability.

Ahm, no.

In 10.0 too.

I did not mean that. Stop misrepresenting.
YOu have to know what part of the enemy you need to shoot.
You see a hulldown M1. Where do you shoot it?

It does not mean anything. This is a tank that is not in service.

And? it also has crazy pen for it’s BR, yet it is a pile of steaming hot shit.

There are many germany mains crying about it.

PTZ-89, WMA, PTL, AFT.

???

What tanks did you click on?

el-risitas-juan-joya-borja
USA:

Germany:

Japan:

China:

Italy:

1 Like

Nowhere same optics, doesnt have thermals.

Nowhere close.

Will be a big thing in combat.

Still bad gun depression.

Small debuff is funny, by this logic lack of smoke grenades is a minor debuff too?

Yes.

292 is yet far from lol-penning every each tank.
It practically pens same areas other rounds can.

1 Like

I actually chuckled when I’ve read “pen/sec”.
WT isn’t a form of MMORPG where you’re up against bullet sponge bosses and where DPS means a thing, as if you are holding LMB at all times and fire your next shot as soon as it’s ready.
3BM42 is already pretty strong at 10.0 and it looks like that 292’s round in most cases will be a complete overkill with a pretty nasty reload penalty attached to it.

“Oh look, 2C/Rad 90/90105/2K/(insert 90% of vehicles at around this BR), I’m sure my 700mm pen round will be needed here and I’m more than willing to trade 2.9s of reload for it.”

That being said, 292 could go up to 10.3 since it would change barely anything, but anything above that is simply too much.
T-90A looks to be a superior package overall.

So what the point of Obj-120 sitting at 8.0 with APDS-FS that don’t work HEAT-FS that is unreliable and HE that have less TnT equivalent that 6.0 of other nations quite idiotic not to mention no stabilizer no laser and so on and is this same BR with Vidar ofc in some time Vidar will go up and Obj - AVRE and other Derp premiums will stay at 8.0 is the special predatory tactic of the company if they sell alot of them they will make them unblayable later so ppl buy new shining premium for 6 month

Shattered APDS from 152 mm gun in with 450+ pene at point blank on enemy tank with 79 armor value at straith line is idiotic the game engine need alot of twiks seems RNG based - if you go to DMG indicator this will never happent so game Full of RNG and idiotic comparison they do chances based on Si-Fiction and the game become worst that WoT with the RNG

If you want something unplayable try the conqueror. Obj-120 is still effectively a railgun at 8.0, lolpens everything.

The point is the game should tweak the game mechanics and other values on paper other if the enemy moves something is happening with the calculation of armor value the game makes the armor value so high that even a well-aimed shout on the weak spot makes the shell shatter or bounce incredible stupid and wrong but they so-called Fix cosmetic issues and try to put more RNG idiotic chances making the game pure Monty Python series

1 Like

No, both have 14.3 degrees per second of traverse.

Your Images For Armor

Lol, you going to show the heat maps or zoom out like you’re supposed to?

M833 Protection (I had to use the IPM1 as the vehicle shooting it though since my account wasn’t around when the CCVL was available):

Obj 292 Protection Against M833 (387mm pen, BR 10.0 round) @ 500m

T-90A Protection Against M833 (387mm pen, BR 10.0 round) @ 500m

M900 Protection:

Obj 292 Protection Against M900 (513mm pen, BR 11.0 round) @ 500m

T-90A Protection Against M900 (513mm pen, BR 11.0 round) @ 500m

DM33 (120mm) Protection:

Obj 292 Protection Against (120mm) DM33 (470mm pen, BR 11.0 round) @ 500m

T-90A Protection Against (120mm) DM33 (470mm pen, BR 11.0 round) @ 500m

DM53 Protection:

Obj 292 Protection Against DM53 (610mm pen, BR 11.3 round) @ 500m

T-90A Protection Against DM53 (610mm pen, BR 11.3 round) @ 500m

Long story short the Obj 292 has comparable protection to the T-90A up until it faces 11.3 BR rounds, and as a glass cannon it should be easily penned (so moving to 11.0-11.3 makes sense based off of its armor). Just showing the one front hull weakspot on the Obj 292 and shooting at the mantlet (when all mantlets in War Thunder are weak) is a bit disingenuous, as well.

Guess what, the Object 292, T-72’s, and T-90’s are all Russian tech tree MBT’s that are all above 10.0 BR with APFSDS rounds in excess of 120mm. The CM11 is a 9.3 BR Chinese MBT with a 105mm gun, lol. I was comparing like with like, the exact same thing you were doing with bringing up the ready racks of Russian MBT’s above 10.0 BR with APFSDS rounds above 120mm.

Not true, also doesn’t matter since they’re at those BR’s anyways.

Nice argument lol.

No? The first rounds that can easily pen the Obj 292 appear at 10.7, and those are either on only Russian MBT’s or only two Chinese MBT glass cannons.

Since when were we looking at only hull-down tanks lol?

When a 10.0 Russian MBT can pen all rounds in the game and has barely more frontal weakspots than a 11.7 Abrams

What do you mean? If there isn’t a better round for Russia then that’s that, and Russian MBT’s get access to better rounds than any other nation at 10.7 with the 3BM60.

Ok? It’s not like I’ve said it shouldn’t move up, nor do I agree that the Obj 292 has bad survivability at 10.0.

Well they’re dumb lol.

First one is an 8.7 tank destroyer with no armor with a 443mm pen ATGM, meanwhile the T-62M-1 is an MBT with actual armor and a 600mm pen ATGM at 9.0. Second one is a similar deal, a light tank at 9.0 with a 750mm ATGM, the T-62M-1’s only disadvantage there is the lack of pen in the ATGM. The third one doesn’t have ATGM’s. Fourth is a 9.0 tank destroyer again with no armor, this time it can only shoot ATGM’s.

Thought you were talking about the M113 and M113-based ones (CM25 and M113A1 TOW).

I don’t remember exactly but I think it was at least:

• Tier I - Two M3’s, M22, one of the M2’s (could’ve been LVT)
  • Tier II - All the regular M4’s, M24, 105 M4
  • Tier III - M18 (I think), one or two of the 76 W’s, I think M6A1, M4A3E2
  • Tier IV - M41A1, M26, T34, one of the T26’s turreted tanks (not sure if it was the converted one or not)
  • Tier V - Either M47 or M48, T32, M60, T95 (I think)

More like I should use the GIF lol:

APC is not APHE
APCR is not APHE
APCBC is not APHE

I’m not bothering to do Germany since that took so long, but yeah APC, APCR, and APCBC are not APHE shells lol.

That doesn’t have anything to do with gun handling.

The above armor comparisons show there is only a large difference between the two when using at 11.3 rounds, but of course the Obj 292 has a million pen and should be treated like a glass cannon, so it should definitely not be lower than 10.7 just going purely off of armor.

Again, it’s not a super massive difference nor would it really matter when the Obj 292 is going to likely make up that damage because it has a much larger diameter round.

Not compared to other Russian tanks, it’s better than or equal to most at top tier.

It’s a small debuff because it ultimately doesn’t negate the high levels of armor and ridiculous levels of pen it has (plus it has better mobility than all except for one of the T-72 line tanks).

That’s actually capable of being fired from a gun that is game? No there isn’t. None of the 2A82 guns (that can actually shoot 3BM69 or 3BM70) have been fitted to anything yet. Only the like four or five T-14’s in existence should theoretically be able to shoot the rounds (and that’s assuming the T-14’s guns actually work and that the T-14 is in military service).

Lol it’s got 85mm more pen than the 11.3-11.7 only DM53, and in a 10.0 BR tank.

The T-90A in comparison to the Obj 292 has barely better armor, worse mobility, same gun handling, and can’t lolpen everything in the game in comparison for just thermals and smoke. Even at 10.7 the Obj 292 is a better vehicle.