[Discussion] Balance, Bias, Matchmaking and Battle Ratings

Anyone able to tell me why Hunter F.6 are at 9.7 amd F.1 is as high as it is, when Jaguar Gr1 is also 9.7 with every aspect of them being better than hunter?

The Hunter F.6 has:
No flares
No RWR
No CCIP/RP
No Radar
4 missiles you can only use when in extremely close range
No decent ground CAS capability
Poor handling
No afterburner

Hunter F.6 has to directly compete with aircraft like
F-5C
F-5E
MiG-21 bis
MiG-21 SPS-K
MiG-21 S
F-4F
F-4C
Mirage III
F-104
A-4
A-10
A-6E
F3H
F-8U
AV-8C
MiG-19PT
MiG-19
Su-25
The list goes on but you get the idea.

How is this plane, from the 1950s, with no countermeasures, no afterburner, poor handling, barely any ordinance, average cannons, no RWR, Essentially useless missiles, no radar, no VTOL capability, no calculated gunsight, no CCIP/RP, and a very average top speed supposed to, in any way shape or form be ON PAR with any of the vehicles i’ve listed, or stand a chance, when this entire BR bracket is filled with missiles, especially the deadly AIM-9L when it cant even flare.

How was this overlooked during BR changes?

15 Likes

SAY SIKE RIGHT NOW LMAOOOO 🤡

8 Likes

I heard that consultant who helped to made flight models for ww2 planes was from britain.

Some current BR adjustments are understandable to me, others are not.
What I miss in the current BR adjustments are the missing adjustments for the T-72AV (TURMS-T), 2S38 and BMP-2M and vehicles from the TT in this Rank.
All level 10.0 vehicles in the Russian TT.
The T-72AV can easily run in RB on 10.3, if not 10.7
The 2S38 is so good that it can do 10.7, as even at 11.7 it is still in the middle of the pack, just like the BMP-2M.
All of these vehicles, plus those from the TT, are better than the competition in all respects, so why are they rated so low?

5 Likes

Do you understand at all what BR compression is?

“it happens against every tank”
I experience it way more against the BVM, and I have it happen way more to me when I play it. There is something broken specifically with the BVM.

23 Likes

It does happen to every tank, but people don’t seem to grasp that it happens MORE to specific tanks…

1 Like

Read what I said dude. I have the tank and I have other top tier tanks. I objectively notice it happens way more with the BVM. Either the relikt is broken or something. You can’t honestly tell me that it’s stopping L27A1 fired from that range perfectly side on?

I don’t think you’re in a position to judge fairly given you have only a dozen matches with it.

3 Likes

Imagine giving this reply after I blatantly and obviously agreed with you.

1 Like

tbh I’ve seen it so much that I read “It does happen to every tank,” and my brain just shut off.

Sorry.

1 Like

WHY IS THE ZTZ88 9.0? This is horrible.

yeah as someone who notices how much OP shit the chinese get in WT sometimes, even I can see the ZTZ88 is like… a 8.7 at best

1 Like

After already ruining Chinese 8.7 before this tragedy, they have now rendered 8.7 ground on China non-existent

It’s not just China, 8.7 for nearly every nation was obliterated, the big reason the Object 279 became so oppressive for a time was everything that kept it in check moved to 9.0 or higher

The ztz59 also just got destroyed, no more turret basket.

Do you want to do a survey if people want to do the new thing, and if not, go back to the old ones and propose something anew, and not go against the tide as usual, not listening to the community, you haven’t learned after the last strikes?

If there was an emote like on the old forum Haha you would get it from me ha ha.

Interesting. Just recently people called me names because I said just this, because apparently this is impossible and I must be * to believe it or be possibls.

Well I believe anyone interested in discussions about the MM knows where I stand. Currently Gaijin is either incapable, or unwilling to properly balance vehicle performance. So we get massive discrepancies in performance between similar vehicles. Where a 7.7 medium/light can be more than 200% weaker than a 8.7 medium/light simply due to “assistance” in form of features like LRF, stab and so on.

The 0.7 braket is way over 1000 ground vehicles old.

And Rank 6 and 7 exist now with rank 6 having much longer queue times than any other Rank in ground, simply because almost every BR in that Rank is compressed ro hell and back and playing it is vortually impossible.

For Rank 7 “variety” of vehicles can not be an argument, even for Rank 6 it is dubious at best.
Firstly, there is not even much variety in reality. The major nations atuck with 1 major model for each typs for decades now with onky experimental stuff to spice things up. Russia is the only outlier with fielding more modern verions of 3 MBTs.

In Ranks 1-5 you have enough variety to ensure that there are plenty of different vehicles in every match, especially considering that almost every vehicle in ground has a later version of itself at a slightly higher BR. And I can not see how having both an SU 85 a d SU85M in the same match adds anything to the “variety of vehicles” as ghey look and play identical. At best it is a “variety of capabilities” as the M is more capable than the normal one, but this is also reflectdd in the BR

And lastly, the “lack of vehicles in higher Ranks” is a choice and was by all, maens avoidable. This was ons of the main arguments against leaving the post Korea, pre Vietnam era. A Lack of proper vehicles for ground. But Air won out so Ground is now to be stuck with worse MM and compression? Gaijin can not flee from their decisions. And them using their decisions as excuses to why sth “can not be done” is despicable. At least stand by your decisions and say “we decided to go this way, knowing that this would happen, but we believe the pros outweigh the cons, even if now some unforseen consequences occured”.

2 Likes

i would like to know something WHY THE HECK DID THEY MOVE THE WW2 TANKS BACK INTO THE COLD WAR FIGHTS.