[Discussion] Balance, Bias, Matchmaking and Battle Ratings

Supposed to hold relikt but shown to hold sand by destroyed bvm’s in Ukraine

2 Likes

Worst thing about abrams is you flick a booger at it and it disables turret or gun.

What one tank has done does not apply to the general condition in which the gear is issued. Like any military, there will always be people willing to sell government assets for personal gain.

Aim for the turret ring, not the ERA backpack.

2 Likes

We need to talk about how horrible the Mirage F1C-200 is in BR 11.3, you literally pay to suffer. I regret buying it.

1. You will fall in 90% of matches with the top tier (12.3 or 12.0)

2. Your enemies will have four or more missiles available and several options, with their planes having a much better radar.

3. The Cyrano IV radar is terrible compared to top tier radars.

4. You will literally only have one decent missile option which is the Magic 2, only two and they are easily lost against flares.

5. Matra Super, Matra 530 and 530E are useless in the F1C-200

6. If the justification for him being in BR 11.3 is his BVR Matra Super missiles, then remove them, he is dead weight.

7. Gaijin, please move the Mirage F1C-200 to a lower BR, either 11.0 or 10.7

11.0 would be fine.
Would be nice to see the Mirage IIIEX, IIING, or 50 get added so they could at least be 10.7-11.0 if not.

I am Back 🤪

I have a question for the Gaijin development team, how deep is your resentment against the Scandinavian peoples?
I’ve been playing for several weeks now, almost exclusively in the Swedish nation, and I’m sorry to say that the matchmaking is terrible.

I can’t say whether it only affects me, but if that’s your view of fairness, I for one would only like to be matched against Russia and China in the future, regardless of whether I use the nations of the USA, Germany or Great Britain.
Practical Simulator MM for Realistic Battles.

A picture explains how I came up with all this!

What we see is a standard team that I am matched with in more than 60% of battles

1/3 only has one premium tank and disappears after the first death, but this problem doesn’t only affect the Swedes, only here you notice it more.
The Swedes are always matched against Russia in solo play in 99% of cases.

In the combat group we also tried out the mix of nations.
Waiting time in the national mix:
Sweden/Ru more than 4 minutes on average or even aborted.
Sweden/USA/Germany less than 90sec on average.

But as far as the Swedish vehicles are concerned:

• 60% of all hits inexplicably set the tank on fire, why?
    In the combat group I now have the nickname Burningman because someone always follow me for helping, as two fire extinguishers are not enough in battle.

• in the other 40% the vehicle is destroyed directly.
    What I saw defies all logic.
    A glancing shot in the CV’s or Strf’s is calculated in the game engine so that the shot is directed into the tank and eliminates the crew or destroys the ammunition depot.
    You can sometimes simulate this even in the garage.
    The principle of spall protection only seems to exist in a few nations, not by the swedish?
    or the saying that sometimes no armor is better than heavy armor does not apply here.
    That the Swedish IFW’s have no armor against large weapons with their aluminum sheet and composite armor (which is supposed to protect against fragmentation) and in reality we see, it works fine!

My advice to anyone fighting with the Swedes is to be a group of three and fight together with the two nations USA and Germany.
If there are four of you, then the USA, Germany and the British together with the Swedes.
If Gaijin wants separation, these 4 nations together are an unbeatable quartet.

1 Like

Matchmaking: Well of course its not possible to have " balanced " or even " realistic " battles if your whole “gameplay” is just throwing dozens of random vehicles of a “bracket” in an Arena type of battle since thats what it is in your map design. You state “some vehicles wouldnt even have fought together in the same operation even if theyre from the same year”. Here lays the major problem of your game: there is Z E R O mission design. If you would create maps suiting to to specific missions for each side, different goals for each side, with dynamic missions and progressions and give players finally the feeling to be in a “operation” where teams have to split different roles to the availble vehicles with a fixed given slot and amount of such vehicles. maybe add a new game mode at least and call it operations where people need to create teams and need to complete a mission which can take 1 hour or more like steal beasts is doing. I dont get how you call it Realistic Battles when i have to face Abrams and Leos 2A4s in a t72M.

Also in simulations battles u doing fine already to sort the vehicles that are allowed in game, the enemy is clear and you know what you face, no one is coming with a tiger into a BR10 match so why is it possible in RB?

This game needs more “depth” insteat new vehicles evry 4 weeks…

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m wondering too… As you represent 1/16 of a team… it’s mathematical impossible that YOU are the one causing the team loosing. The explanation is to be found somewhere else … in the matchmaking … (matchfixing) system, where you in more than 60% of the battles will have to fight against BR downtired enemies - who are always on the top-kill-rate list (better gun and ammunition etc… Those favoured and downtired players are getting a lot of easy targets / kills… on your expenses.

1 Like

Another day of horrific matchmaking. It’s the main reason that I will stop playing for the day. Regularly. Sometimes daily.

3 Likes

Hey guys,
Can someone explain to me game mechanics for AIM-92 on AH-64-D
By the missile card:
guidance - laser
Lock range (rear-aspect) 6 km
Why Apache cannot lock any Russian helicopter? No matter what distance, aspect etc.

Other question Kamov can launch rocket from 10km distance, Apache - 5km (based on game wiki). And cannot lock.
What game scenario do you mean by this?
Just for my understanding - Kamov helicopters just a game cheating or what?

1 Like

Basically, yes.

2 Likes

Leopards are broken rn. Germany and Swed is just running over everyone since the update. They need a nerf! I know this will take months and RIP top tier once again.

2 Likes

This is exactly how Br Compression works.
Why wouldn’t they simply move the other jets up to 12.7 ?
Two ERCCM Magic 2s are not to be underestimated here.
And those Matra 530F are random at best but they still can ruin the day of any F 111, F105 or any other high altitude bomber.

But I personally think that the F1C in the Tree performes fine. Enough flares and Chaf to counter any AAM coming at you combined with one of the best heat Seeking AAM is a nice pakage.
Bombing bases is sadly imposible with this thing though. Missile thunder is real

Some Helis have countermeasures installed against that.
Those things distribute heat enough so that other AAM have huge proplems locking the heli and not the Countermeasures.
This of course also impacts the AAMs lock range

I think that the mods are about to give up at this point.
Many people just swore on sweden bias because of the 122+ geting a better hull than the 2A7V.
now you come along with Gaijin possibly hating scandinavia because of the random matchmaker…
It is no big surprise that the mods propably will not even bother reading though these complaints.
Many single complaints can not make up one picture of the whole playerbase.

1 Like

Completely disagree, take a look at them. Su-85 has square commander’s cupola, SU-85M has rounded one.
Su-85M can actually use its armour on distance with some guns, while Su-85 will have worse armour than T-34 due to lesser angling.

8 KM, lock is based on weather and basically how well your thing can see the target.
Vikhr excells at range and speed, AGMs are a balance in range, ATGM speed, penetration and tandem.
Theres like 11.7 Chinese ATGM which has 10 km range with even better pen than AGM but it has even worse speed. Fire and forget missiles, well obviously dont need any tracking, just point and wait for it to reach someone who doesnt even know about your existence in any way until it hits them.

I’d like to know the same thing but about the Harrier Gr.1

Agree with you. Some heli contains different systems.
But questions about FairPlay - why does one nation have modern countermeasures and others do not?

Also last game - I was attacked by su-25 behind by an autocannon (means he was very close) but I cannot see him on my radar (use 360 degree observe air enemy)

Attacked by guided missile - and never saw ECM at work

From wiki
new Longbow radar, improved Hellfires, and an improved ECM package.

So where is ECM and new radar ?
https://wiki.warthunder.com/AH-64D

It does make the complaint more stereotypical.
Sincere complaints should be formulated in a polite way.
Otherwise I do not think that Gaijin will even put up with that.
It must be stressfull enough for the Mods to read through complaint after complaint with some players geting angrier than others.

Utilising a polite manner or not should not be a question here imo

Devs also ignore the community and their problems most of the time. I wonder why.
Just compare War Thunder to World of Tanks.
309/782 vehicles in that game are premiums.
That ratio is huge in comparison to War Thunder
The premiums in WT are copy paste most of the time and not OP in addition to that.
No game is perfect of course.
But I think that the community as a whole should start apreciating even more what Gaijin does.
Maybe we will be able to imporve the game even further with the majority of the community not throwing random insults at the mods wich still are not developers.

I never played the apache before
but if that is a sincere problem you are having you may aswell write a bug report about it
A game can not be perfect all of the time