[Development] Collecting Your Ideas for the 2024 Roadmap

He is talking of Arcades gamemodes,… when the base you can capture is in the air (over 1200m altitude, and is a large circle)

Should have calrified that I was talking about Realistic.

I dunno a lot about arcade battles.
But aren’t there almost always Ground targets to attack with your load ?
Even in those Dogfight battles, I remember that there was always something on the ground.
I might misremember it though or they might have changed it.

i know you were tlaking of realistic,… that’s i precise you that he’s talking of arcade :D

and there is not always Ground vehicules in Air Domination mode:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/689902570172710959/1199286099017728010/image.png?ex=65c1fd37&is=65af8837&hm=e92832a6c315b0f351fee76c57e821658068b78d3bd51c0780e57080520689fc&
Typically

Ah ok.
I did not know that one.
Seems to be a weird oversight.

Yeah, essentially bombers play 0 role in Air Dominance and you can’t opt out of the mode. Meaning Bombers get thrown into a dogfight only mode and you lose SL or crew lock (or both).

For RB and AB though, Bombers don’t contribute to the game. You can bomb bases, but this doesn’t impact who wins or loses. Just reduces the SL gain of the enemy.

The fix for this would be to have 2 kinds of bases. 1 for everyone to bomb, and one that only bombers can attack and destroy.

The normal kind of bases do SL damage. The larger bases for bombers directly take away tickets and can actively change if the match is won.

2 Likes

Here is a fresh idea:

Make events less grindy/expensive!

9 Likes

Allow crew skill points reset.
Game is up for over a decade and many things have changed in this period. Crew skills should be overhauled.

5 Likes

Overhauled? They really should just be removed…

They only exist as a SL/Time/GE sink, and yet another grind…

Dude I would get so pissed if I woke up and all my crew points disappear cuz of some overhaul

1 Like

It’s now been 5 weeks since the collection of the ideas.

@Smin1080p
When can we expect the roadmap to be announced?
And if you can’t give exact date, are we looking at days or weeks away?
Some sort of estimate would be nice :)

3 Likes

My idea for the 2024 Roadmap is to make the game easier to grind. Give players more RP and SL per battle, especially on haigher tiers where we need 200k-420k RP for one vehicle, that is madness. Progressing in this game is hard especially for people without premium account and premium vehicles.
Also developers could add new maps with mix of sniping spots, close combat and maybe underground areas (like one capture point) to avoid CAS.

1 Like

Hello

Roadmap news is in progress. There were comments in the tens of thousands and also those 5 week’s included a section of holiday period too (Christmas, NY, Other seasonal holidays around the world)

It takes a considerable amount of time to process those responses and also in the formation of long term plans and everything that goes into that.

6 Likes

I forgot two point in my previous survey:
Can you change the way you do Balancing updates, by taking into results, the average gameplay ability of people who have made those stats?

Kinda easy to do - rate players over some META Aircrafts that everyone uses, by using KD ratio.
Then you’ll be able to see a real change by comparing the population of each nation, and therefore, stopping to increase average stuff performance wise or to decrease High quality stuff perfomances wise.

(Would finally see MiG-21F-13 at 9.7 were it belong, and some other aircrafts like F-15 to 12.7 were it belong too)

Can you also add a Tutorial for jet fighters,… i know you have hard to do that, but so many newbs desperatly need to learn MORE about Jets, which are completely different than Props,… (too many crash at takeoff these days, as exemple)

2 Likes

Thank you for an answer :)
i do understand that it takes time and i have no issues waiting.
Last time there was a collection of ideas and summary of a roadmap there was a little less than 4 weeks from end of collection till announcement of roadmap, that’s why i asked about the timeframe now after 5 weeks.
i would assume it would take longer this time since its not such a dire situation as it was last time x)
Then take 2 weeks off for holidays i am guessing in 2-3 weeks? sooner? longer?

any chance of you giving us some ballpark timeframe answer? :)

and again, thanks for answering!

How come in all the stuff that goes for improving RB, arcade ground battles are always getting some single pretended fix for the planes instead of a solid one?

1 Like

pretty sure they just restarted the transfers a few days ago.

Lmao I said the same the other day. Either Microsoft or Bohemia Interactive.
M$ already has experience with flight sim and unironically one of the few remaining trustworthy devs out there.

The F-15a or any F-15 that doesn’t have the TWS/HMD and AIM-120s should not be 12.7 or barely even 12.3, this is a plane that’s meant for BVR, but it can’t even do that in War Thunder. Either we should get the F-15C with the AMRAAMs, or at the very least the F/A-18 Hornet.

Some one is coping hard

1 Like

Well, If F-15C with AMRAAM is 12.3 then Sea Harrier FA2 can be 11.3

1 Like