[Development] Collecting Your Ideas for the 2024 Roadmap

You want people to play in order to have more targets for air.

Even if you’re bad in ARB like yourself getting 2 kills without a premium thats still a guaranteed 10k rp compared to GRB where without a premium you’re looking at upwards of 8 kills to get 10k rp

1 Like

2 kills non premium → 4k Rp,… so stop.

People feel compelled to one-death-leave with premiums, because that’s the most efficient way to gain research. It’s a waste of time using non-premium vehicles because the rate of RP gain is so abysmal. This is at least a significant factor imo.

When talking about specific RP rewards we have to take into account the battle rating, and importantly for air battles the “play time”.

If you get one player kill, then fly around the rest of the match occasionally killing a ground target, you will net a massive amount of RP.

In fact, from my experience in air RB it seems you get more rewards from participation rather than specific actions. You get points from simply existing.

In ground RB however, you get no “play time” reward.

Keep being delusional heres a test i did a while back 1 kill no premium in a mid tier aircraft with a shorter game length and a win and its still 1.6k rp

And here’s a good game in a high tier tank with 5 kills and a base cap with premium, if i didnt have premium that would be maybe 5k rp

The RP doesnt add up for the effort put in, GRB gains are significantly lower than they should be for no good reason

5 Likes

If you didn’t have premium it would be way less than 5k RP. Closer to 3k.

1 Like

Then explain why a tank objectively worse than an 8.0 tank is going to 8.0. And how the Char25t is going to be 0.3 below the Turm III.

Gaijin 100% balances heavily on player performance metrics. If they didn’t the F-5C would be 10.7, and several premium/squadron vehicles wouldn’t be undertiered.

1 Like

Char 25t has equivalents at 7.7 and 8.0.
And Vickers Mk1 sits at 8.0 as well, it sacrifices a lot of speed for a stab just to be at that BR.
And F-5C’s equivalents are almost exclusively at 10.3, not 10.7.

IMO the first thing that needs fixed is the matchmaker system, lower the battle spread to .75 ± and move the new jets to 12.7.

This would create a much more enjoyable experience and help with frustration and players quitting the game.

2 Likes

You seem fun at parties

• Boosters: Should never expire until activated. If a player does their daily bonus before work every weekday and then plays on the weekend they should have the entire weeks worth of boosters available to them. We see this all the time, players love to maintain their login streak but often don’t have time to actually play during that time.

• Test-drives: Same as boosters, should never expire. If someone earns a test-drive let them use it when I have the time to play.

• Battle Trophy Premium Vehicle Discounts: Should be stackable like boosters, with similar reducing modifiers the more you activate at one time. With a cap of 75%. This eliminates the player frustration of rolling the same vehicle discount multiple times in a row.

• Orders: If you don’t complete the order, but one of your teammates does then you get a Teamwork award. Not a huge difference but at least you get 600 SL out of it instead of nothing. Which might give some incentive for players to actually use them.

• New Skill RP Bonus: Should be based off score and not kills. WT is an objective based game and players actually playing the objectives should be rewarded. This should also include things like assists, spotting, repairing friendlies, etc.

• Better conversion rate for Convertible RP: No-one uses it currently. Doesn’t have to be a massive change, perhaps 60RP for 1GE instead of 45RP currently.

• Add an SL conversion rate for Convertible RP: For example 60RP for 500SL. This acts as an SL sink for Gaijin much like the SL crates.

• Battle Pass and Event Missions: These should always be available during the pass/event timeframe. Allowing players to either complete them over multiple sessions or even in one session if they’re crazy enough. I play a ton of games with these kind of special events & battle passes and have never seen one as restrictive as Warthunders.

• Partially Completed Event Missions: Should have their GE costs reduced depending on the progress you’ve completed.

• Vehicles that share the same ammunition shouldn’t have to research it again: Much like how WoT does it for shared modules, WT should do it with ammunition. Stock vehicles are incredibly frustrating to play, especially at top tiers.

• Percentage Repair Discount When Spawning Multiple Vehicles: You should get a progressively higher repair discount depending on how many vehicles you spawn in a mission. IE: 1 vehicle no discount, 2 vehicles 5% overall repair discount, 3 vehicles 10% overall repair discount, etc.

• Ace Crew RP Requirements: Need to be reduced, they go into the millions on high tier vehicles and premiums are even worse. To give a example the A1E1 Independent at 1.3 has a 380,000 RP requirement to get a free Ace Crew.

• Crew Skill Points: Need to be addressed much like SL and RP rewards. Crew Skills are the most P2W aspect of Warthunder.

• Show BR Spread: When you get into a match you should see the BR spread for the game. This lets you quickly assess the best vehicle to spawn.

• Alternating Battle Passes: There’s so many previous event and reward vehicles that were only offered once. I’d alternate the battle passes to have 1 month with completely new vehicles, and the next month with previously event/reward vehicles. This gives new players and players who missed out a chance to earn them. This also gives players who already have them the option to skip that battle pass or get the coupons at the earlier battle pass levels. This also frees up more new content that can actually go into the tech tree. I don’t want to see WT turn into WoT with more premiums than tech tree tanks.

• Show Us The Statistics In BR adjustment Threads: We should know why you want to uptier vehicles.

• Split The BR Adjustment Thread Into Multiple Threads: Have a separate ground, air, and naval BR thread. This keeps the topic more structured, especially with the new forum format.

• Allow Players To Get Their Daily Reward In The Warthunder Assistant App: Self explanatory. People go on holidays, people get busy with work, natural disasters happen, etc. Life is tough, and for a lot of people they simply enjoy seeing that log-in streak go up.

• Show Us The Percentage Chances For Rewards In Loot Crates: Actually tell us what the chances are to get specific prizes.

9 Likes
  1. Re-implement “passive” RP/SL rewards for flying near enemy players in air RB. This is what enabled players to still retain some rewards when flying defensively or baiting for their teammates.

2. The one that needs to happen the most, DECOMPRESS JETS. Jets are FAR too compressed to truly be enjoyable.

Those are my current suggestions.

13 Likes

I regularly get 15-30k RP in Air RB, but can’t even remember the last time i got over 15k RP in Ground RB.

1 Like

Option to apply the booster after the match ends.

1 Like

Especially for air, cuz you activate 300% booster only to get shot down my teammate before ven taking off.

Everybody knows the ppl who spend all their time on a gaming forum is fun at parties

Hey there @Smin1080p , Are there any plans to make bombers a viable vehicle type to play, with upcoming updates? At the moment, they contribute pretty much nothing to the game and in Arcade especially, you can be put in modes exclusively for dogfighting and air supremacy where a bomber just has to J out or die.

1 Like

For Air RB, I think it could be very useful to allow a lineup to be used - but still restricted to a single spawn. That is, you can choose between different aircraft at the beginning of the match, but you are locked into your choice thereafter. Obviously the ability to J out on the airfield and change loadouts should be retained.

Additionally, EC for RB really does need to return - particularly for upper BRs in air. I can’t comment as to ground, I don’t play it enough.

I also recall some previous suggestions regarding bombers, and while I don’t recall the specifics, they really do need to be revitalized. Something like adding targets that only heavier bombers can even touch, among other changes. Bombing gameplay in air has been seriously neglected for a long time, and that really does need to change.

They are fine imo.

Bombers may be boring to play but they also get you a lot of RP and SL.

The only real problem here is that bases take way too long to respawn in higher ranked battles. Especially slow bombers, like the vauotours for example have a really hard time at their br and rank currently, since they lost their airspawn. (Edit: I am referring to Realistic battles here.)