Dear Gaijin, Please buff the Type 87 RCV

Id only agree if it wasnt a better vehicle then the cv9030 which is similar. The type 89 is fine where its at as at 8.7 youd basically have to bring up your 8.3 vehicles to 8.7

They can both be bad at the same time.

One is inferior and at a higher BR and one is much better, better round, better spall, better fire rate, trolly armor (occasionally), LWS l, and missiles and the other gets worse pen apfsds, slower fire rate, 5° better turret traverse and 2nd gen therms. Wow what an upgrade. Regardless the type 89 is fine where its at and in some regards i think its better than the bmp 3 but that thing mobility is just super fun and it definitely belongs at 9.3

1 Like

Okay one can be worse and they can still both be bad, measuring against the worst options is just disingenuous.

I think the type 89 is decent, bad in some spots but overall i dont think its a bad vehicle especially at 9.0 or higher. Honestly id say its a 9.3 vehicle if they fix the missiles a bit. Regardless i used it at 9.3 and 11.0 and its a very strong vehicle. The cv9030 is just bad. Ill wait for your opinion when youve actually played it.

1 Like

At 9.0 it’s permanently uptiered to 10.0, and it’s 10.3 if you want to use any of the 9.3 questionable premiums.

The stats are average at best, and that is with the Japanese playerbase being above average.

Don’t have Japanese tech researched yet but the Type 16 FPS seems to be very strong, it is one of the most annoying vehicles to fight when I am in my 9.0 USSR, it gave me a lot of problems be like the CV90105 because overpen, but most of the time they will fire a shot quicker than I do lol, or if I overpen them then they will return fire and kill me before I could shoot again, I literally have a 1:1 KD against this thing. The only time I could kill them more than it could kill me was when I hull down with the Chieftain MK10.

The FPS is the pay to win version of the Type 16 P with improved armor which can be tricky to kill at times from the front, but it’s stuck using the M775 which got nerfed quite a lot and it’s a 8.3/7 shell at 9.3 because it has gen 3 thermals, might also get commander thermals.

Somehow at the same BR as the objectively worse P version.

And these stats prove my point that its not trash and its fine at 9.0 to 9.3

1 Like

It proves it’s barely managing despite being in the Japanese tree.
It would have a negative k/d if it was in the Russian tree.

Thats cause noob players flock to premium and major nations

The gun seems potent enough that I don’t remember my Object 279 managing to take a hit and not die, I always look for them because these things can appear behind you out of nowhere if you are not looking for one second lol. Only the T-64B can take a hit or two and not die, anything lower is always OHKO by the the FPS, even my pancake is afraid of it and I have no answer to them.

Youll never see a 9030 be nearly as dangerous as the type 89

Your Type 87 RCV especially post-9.0 has a good stat, I’ve killed so many of these things without them having a chance to fight back, can’t imagine how it’s going to fight the BMP-3 or BMD-4 at long range but your skills manage to offset its weaknesses so kudos to you bro.

1 Like

Man its so freakin fun, i hated it tryi g to spade it but then i learned to play it and its a monster on urban maps. Range is a problem tho but i eat bmps all the same

1 Like

I mean a sideshot or something you’ll be in trouble with anything, but overall it’s a pretty lackluster round.

type 89 is dangerous for a few shots before ready rack depletes, my main gripe is the atgms do nothing and guide lack crap

For a few shots? Its got 32 which is more than enough. Unless youve just taken most of the enemy team back to the hanger. Then yeah youd be low.

Your stats prove nothing. I have enough experience to know that the BTR-80A is no equal to a Type 87 RCV (p), I know that the type89 Used to be a strong vehicle before it was nerfed and then nerfed and then nerfed and slammed to 9.0 with those very nerfs. Put it this way The cv9030fin is shit and i agree with you the type89 is actually better than it. The type89 can perform fine at 9.0 BUT, it should be given its old missiles back, APHE, Turret rotation, 6 Missiles. This would make it justified. The CV9030FIN should be 8.3 even then it’d struggle cuz it sucks. And this whole post was a bout the type 87 RCV which in no means should we even be talking about anything else. the type 87 RCV is worse than the CV9030FIN. No matter how many screenshots of nukes/stats you have with it. They are bad vehicle and are overtiered.

There is also something that must be brought up that nothing can fix and that is playstyle. I am very aggressive i like to push and flank and it gets me killed often and other times its leads to a 6 man kill in like 10 seconds way more often then id say is normal. Some people do really good in shit vehicles because of their playstyle and i do poorly or vice versa, regardless its just one of those situations like a guy mentioning he loves the 9030 and uses it at 10.3 good on him, i cant play that thing in a downtier without going insane from how bad the shell is. But then im like hime when it comes to the type 89 i do good in it compared to others so that is just something that happens. Also just to add the type 87 rcv has this same thing as my 89, its an aggressive flank n spank playstyle that fits me and allows me to do goofy plays with my 11.3 lineup