Dance of Dragon - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 3)

Are you talking about ingame performance or real life? Cause im talking about real life performance.

In game, and fair enough.

1 Like

Not just an IR seeker, an imaging infrared one. You ainโ€™t dodging that.

True. Every missile other than the Derby, I can think of an equivalent.

Itโ€™s alright. I kinda had it coming I guess. Waiting on the F-5 FCU to finish rest of Japanโ€™s line. I refuse to touch anything in their Rank 7.

Yup, sorry if I came across as a bit aggressive, itโ€™s been quite a day in the forums and in certain threads. Also go get some rest dude, 4 AM?

Im just trying to keep this conversation as simple as possible due to bein very tired, so dont mind if i forget couple things.

Fair enough, i bought the ADTW year ago and pretty much grinded everything with that, even today if MM behaves properly you can perform quite well with it.

No worries, i do the same mistake from time to time.

I stayed up due to my medical pills but my battery finally ran out, im gonna get some rest, thanks for bein thoughtful.

Goodnight.

1 Like

The J-8F is already missing itโ€™s PL-8Bs which are creeping ever closer to being a necessity in this day and age, with a dual mode seekerhead similar to a TY-90 and the already powerful body of the Python but with reduced weight and increased efficiency of the control surfaces, I am very excited for the future of domestic PLAAF aircraft :P

The introduction of the J-8H between the J-8B and F with PL-8s and PL-11s, and with the J-8F getting PL-8Bs, would really help high tier China as a whole.

1 Like

Iโ€™m fine with itโ€™s addition but allow it to be folderable since itโ€™s not far off the J-8F capability wise but lacks in some important departments that make it more of a โ€˜fillerโ€™ aircraft, I am currently hoping for the addition of a vigorous dragon or second flying leopard II variant to spice up top tier air.

The JH-7A getting PL-12s would be nice, and I agree that the J-8H should be foldered, either under the J-8B or above the J-8F.

1 Like

Ehโ€ฆ Itโ€™s War Thunder.

We have sources from the RAF that state Aim-9L should be totally unaffected by large calibre flares when used in rear aspect vs a target on reheat. They are defeated all the time like that in game. (even with smaller flares)

I know from a book (Harrier: How to be a fighter pilot) that Aim-9Ms were notorious in live fire exercises for going for the tug drone and not the flare pack it was meant to go for because the flare rejection was that good. Iโ€™ve had an Aim-9M defeated with 1x Flare against a reheating target in rear aspect (Harrier Gr7 firing at an F-5)

The likelyhood is that the IIR missile will be harder to defeat, but laughably easy compared to IRL. Their main advantage will be their other traits (range, pull, 360 engagement, etc)

To be fair, seeker shut off IRCCMs arenโ€™t affected by afterburner. They treat engines the same, regardless of throttle and afterburner.

1 Like

Hows everyone doing?

Yeahโ€ฆ Its all to do with Thrust-to-flare ratio (whatever that truly means) in-game

So if you are in something with a lot of thurst like a Harrier, good luck flaring anything. If you are in somethign with lower thrust. like the F-5, you barely need to flare.

God what Id give for a ground up overhaul of how gaijin models IR signatures and flare resistance

4 Likes

Not bad. Just hoping for some interesting dev blogs for this week. Yourself?

Feels, ive been getting help trying to find info on a tonk and now i have its history and its name so i think i have enough info to make it a suggestion finally, and its pretty unique imo

We may very well get the teaser tomorrow (or the day after tomorrow if itโ€™s still Tuesday for you).

Nice. Iโ€™ve got a few suggestions I want to work on at some point, but just cant be bothered at the moment :D

I suck at making vehicle suggestions lol.

There is a reasoanble chance of that

Yeah. I have a vehicle I want to work on but its tricky to research it and I dont overly know where to begin. On my suggestion list but CBA to make them:

• Hunter F6A
  • Sim Economy overhaul (hybrid system)
  • SIm objectives
  • CCRP target points in GRB for cap points
  • CCRP โ€œBuddy lasingโ€

Probably a few others on my list somewhere if I can find it :D

1 Like

Not the same, Yak-141 was about to hit pre-production and had all the systems/weapons ready to fit and go the only thing stopping it was the collapse of the soviet union and subsequent cutting of funds. EAP has none of the key systems so unless you want a cool airframe, no weapons and the concrete mk.1 radar set Id discontinue the line of inquiry on EAP.

1 Like