Dance of Dragon - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 3)

Inb4 its broken and you spawn in without any sights

1 Like

this is insanely cool

So, when will we get playable attack trains?

Like armoured trains with SPAA wagons.

Spoiler

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Does this hint at a total overhaul of the war thunder UI so that it’s more customisable (moving elements, toggling individual elements, changing opacity of elements, etc etc)

3 Likes

When Blåhaj is added as a decoration.

1 Like

Quick Q: what’s the shot readiness indicator?
is the the “1.2” widget added @0:50 in the video on the devblog?
If so follow on Q: What do the numbers mean mason?

Strictly speaking about range, the laser mavs are flat out worse than their IR counterparts as they can only be used within 10km of the target due to their seeker limits.

The IR mavs can track targets out to 20km.

3 Likes

Not Smudger hahahahahahahaha

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

Not quite though. 20km is the base value lock range, but the true lock range changes depending on the size of the target.

For tanks, that’s around half the base value.

Yawn, Smudger more interesting considering Bertam if you get my drift : P

1. Same face
  2. Same Railway kinda
  3. static when they found him
1 Like

You seem to be thinking of the TV mavs since thats exactly how their contrast seekers work, with their max lock range being 24km but their usable lock range being 12 and 6 for the B and A respectivly.

Such is not the case with the IR mavs as you can easily get locks out to the 20km max seeker range if you have a TGP.

The old warrior.

1 Like

Its how the IR ones work as well, I’m using the Harrier Gr.7 with AGM-65G’s in test flight right now.

You spool up the missile on the target without firing it and wait for the missile to swap from POINT mode to TRACK mode, happens 10-12km.

POINT mode, its just ground locked.

I think there is an acknowledged report out there with a figure of 28km (or something close to that) laser detection range on the laser Maverick. That should improve it significantly. Now, from my own testing laser lock on range is also dependent on multiple factors, such as the distance from designator to target, so this figure in game may be perhaps closer to 15km* (?) when desginating from 15-20km away.

*I haven’t done much testing but it seemed that when designating from far away, Paveways only started to maybe track at <1.6km distance (less than half their maximum detection range), which severly limits their long range ability. Idk the exact rule to the laser mechanics in game.

this is the kind of quality life updates I like, it’s very useful I love it!

1 Like

For Air AB, Air RB & Air SB only. but battle rating in ground RB would be 12.3

Similar to AV-8B+ but lack AN/APG-65Q radar and AIM-120B AMRAAM

I hope AV-8B+ only received GBU-54 LJDAM in enxt quarter

That’s a ship man…

I just said the tracking range changes with the size of the target. The ships you can lock at 20km.

Now try the small tank targets.

1 Like