Dance of Dragon - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 3)

The F-14 is a menace in a gun only duel, there’s nothing about the airframe that’d hold you back at top tier.

1 Like

dogfights are very uncommon and not every single f14 has the software to load the aim120 which is what is required at top tier right now

plus also this has already been debated on here anyways What is coming first? The F-14D with AIM-120’s or the F/A-18A with AIM-7M’s?

???

I don’t think we’re on the same wavelength. Earlier you said this:

Now, if I understand you correctly what you really meant to say is this: if the F-14 got AIM-120 at was moved to 13.7 it would get abused.

Abused in what way exactly? I responded by touting it’s good dogfight performance, and then you say dogfights aren’t common. So if dogfights and armament aren’t a problem, in what way would it be abused?

Im out this is getting ridiculous lol

New premium idea

F-111B
BR: 11.7

meta right now is fox 3 and in a dogfight the tomcat only keeps up because of the crazy aoa pull fox 3 being the mea f14 radar with the fox 3 have always been easy to dodge as it has very high nottch angles meaning missiles can be notched easily while f15 f16 can maintain hard lock for longer as the notch gate is lower

once you get into a dog fight you need to be constantly flareing as the all know aim9m could be anywhere

Good that F-14D radar is MPRF so it cant be easily notched. 140 degree horizontal scan also helps as the F-16 and other top tier jets have only 120 degrees (with exceptions)

Aight I’m off to bed cya later my dudes

when does everyone think the trailer will release?

1 Like

In the next 24 hours sound good

1 Like

there’s technically an “early” because the A’s in U.S. service were upgraded to carry AIM-120s. Hence why the “early”

Same reason “early” is used on so many other vehicles in war thunder despite an early variant not existing. It’s because that vehicle has undergone a lot of change during its service life.

The ones upgraded to carry AIM-120s were called F/A-18A+. So no there is no “early” it’ll still be called F/A-18A.

3 Likes

Btw m8 you forgetten the 1472 : )

Japan has arguably the best top tier jet, and an OK MBT, roughly equivalent to the Abrams in WT

1 Like

Don’t bring me into this lol.

sorry was just quoteing you a famous author XD

Yes, as I already know. It doesn’t change the fact that it was a tech demo, and was never planned to enter service under any circumstances.

la200 is 7.7 why is the me262 c2b 8.0 and not 7.7