Dance of Dragon - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 3)

Maybe I missed something but I can’t find that they allow you to set coordinates in the air. Perhaps that should be made clear better in the report.

Agreed.

yk this new glide bomb really opens a lot of possibilities for the game

if the code for glide bombs is added we can now get a lot of them, and the next logical step will be cruise missiles like Taurus and Storm shadow that are essentially this but with an engine

but it also allows for stuff like the Russian Glide bombs from now to be added
if the code for powered glide ordenance gets added too then stuff like Mistel may also be possible in the game

this may just be the most meaningful addition this major

1 Like

idk why but the fact that GPS guidance and gliding ordenance is gonna get added is imo simply the most important part this major

1 Like

yeah.
I don’t know if this is an Xbox thing, but in SIM EC the enemy airfield AI spawns only when they are already in firing distance. So not sure what these glide bombs will even do for me.

a video showed it to have ~18km effective range if released near Mach

sadly couldn’t test it out myself

It’s been discussed in this thread

1 Like

Does this mean that anti-radiation missile is comming sooooon?
ps:LD-10 is an anti-radiation missile based on SD-10(PL-12)
QQ截图20240905160434

3 Likes

Has the documentation clearly been highlighted for the dev’s where it says they are reprogrammable in flight on that carriage?
I’m being nitpicky because I also want 10 JDAMs and I’m still not seeing it. Dev’s skimming over what we say likely won’t either then.

Hope so!

there is enough information to give 10 JDAM, but as far as I know there is no official answer that they will be less, or that they were removed, it is possible that it was a bug…

For more information, please contact the guys in the other thread, I can’t really answer all the technical questions for you

But you were saying that it’s reprogrammable in flight. Where did you get this information then? Did you assume it or read it?

If you assumed it then I won’t bother, if you read it then can you highlight where you read it?

Remember, I want this too so pls be open. There is no question if it can take 10, the question is if they can be reprogrammed in flight since the game does not (currently) support pre-flight coord programming. Something you said the rail suggested can do but I can’t find that piece of information so if you say what made you make that claim then we can highlight it and forward it to the devs.

Not sure about midfligt reprograming
But Laser Guided jdams exist
They will fly to the programed Target but will also follows Lasers in the last part of the flight for late adjustments

but if you want to go deeper, here are some links that say something about it, like the control system of the airplane allowed it to program, but I can’t say for sure.

https://www.navair.navy.mil/node/22046

https://www.l3harris.com/sites/default/files/2020-08/l3harris-release-systems-product-catalog-sas.pdf#page=3

https://www.iqpc.com/media/6729/4428.pdf#page=22

and

Not this month

The first domestic chinese anti-radiation missile, my guess

But short-range or medium-range anti-radiation missile ?

Since it’s based on SD-10 ,I’d say it’s medium-range.

Ok, that was the key point here.

If there is no source for it then it’s no point going in that direction.

Then the issue is not “can we have 10 JDAMS back” but “can we have laser reprogrammable JDAMS”.

With the patch dropping next week or so I wouldn’t hold my breath for this patch but maybe future patches.

I would start by saying that we don’t know why 10 JDAMS was removed, what makes you so sure it’s about programming in the air? Officially neither the community manager nor anyone else has confirmed that 10 JDAMS is finally being removed

Whether it is or isn’t about that, it’s a fence we’d have to cross for them to be having them in the first place. If it’s a balance issue then there is nothing we can do anyways so better focus on technical aspects.
I hope this is just temporary too any nitpicking I’m doing is in the best interest of getting them back.

Your earlier suggestions about laser guided JDAM’s, or atleast giving 1000lbs JDAMs, were good ones and hope they’ve been heard. Unfortunately I’m fairly certain that isn’t going to make it into next patch since there is no reason to believe those are ready by the devs.
10 JDAMs, that are proven to be reprogrammable, atleast stand a chance because the work is pretty much finished as they’ve been used in the dev server already. Hence my enquires on proof of that earlier claim.

ARM and GPS guided Glide bombs on one plane

randomly added without warning

luv it, even if I don’t care for Jeff

also I don’t think we currently have any Guided ordenance with the ability to switch Multiple Operating modes modelled in game

it’d need a new keybind too -_-