Cv9030fin

Why is this thing 9.3? It’s slow, huge, the 30mm cannon fires slowly and has bad pen. It’s worse in pretty much every aspect than a BMP-2 and yet it’s 2 BRs higher. I don’t uderstand this logic.

Its exceptional, much better than the BMP-2

1 Like

To each their own, I prefer BMP since faster fire rate for breaking components as both require 4 shots to Break a barrel, might as well use the better RPM especially with the poor performance of the 9030s gun

1 Like

Agreed.

APFSDS, very good thermals for gunner and commander (with commander override as well), better elevation angles, better overall mobility and survivability make it far better than the BMP-2.

If used correctly it’s amazing.

1 Like

The 30 and 35mm CVs are all pretty bad.

BMP-2 has an atgm for things it can’t kill. the 9030/35s dont. The BMP-2 can function as a budget AA with its fire rate. The CVs can’t until you get prox with the 9040 and 10.3. The BMP-2 is 8.7 where the CVs are 9.3/9.7.
Yes you get more pen. Doesn’t matter. You will face Russia every game because of the way sweden matches and every russian mbt is immune to you frontally and even from frontal angles.

To top it off, you have no durability with 3 crew and 2 in the turret meaning you get 1-shot every turret hit.

Straight up lying is insane.

1 Like

Depends on which vehicle and ammo he’s talking about BMP-2MD I think can only barrel and maybe breach the T series frontally, maybe snipe the commander too, realistically it’s too much pixel peaking that you’d likely die in the first shot anyways so going head on when they still have a way to shoot back is generally dumb.

You can just shoot through the gunners sight and commanders cupola

Ah yes, accusation without proof. You want to show me where 114 pen can kill a russian mbt reliably?

Yeah but it’s a bit of a small area to shoot tbh, again if they are already looking at you a frontal engagement is a dumb choice especially with the slow rate of fire.

Realistically all options are bad, 4 shots to break barrel. Micro shots needed to hit the gunner or commander, personally it’s just not worth the stress to routinely hit the weak spots especially when sometimes you’ll only graze, it’s even worse if you fight a bushed up opponent, no way to remove all the bushes in a decent amount of time if they just fired.

Imo I’ll take the BMP-2MD over the CV90 which has no survivability, that or my RCV 87 on Japan, better rate of fire, no stab which is annoying but I do have much better success with it. Also it’s pretty small and has a ton of crew.

Resume


For the fire rate of the gun you’re better off just going for side shots, frontal engagements by yourself is just too risky more often than not.

If we include stuff like the T90 and Bishma the gun does essentially nothing to the breach and the gunner is basically immune to the 30mm, with how long it can take for rounds that are penning to actually kill the target it’s just too much TTK to make it viable for most frontal engagements. (More so if you play the 9.7 lineup given it’s your only SPAA unless you want a 8.7)

It’s also not like the CV9030 is small, it’s pretty big for a LT

I mean again this gun is also on the MK.IV and I fight scarier things than the T90 with the Bushmaster


Only crew member that you can reliable kill on this frontally but unfortunately it takes too long and if they turn slightly once you start shooting you non pen


Pixel hunting when they can again one tap you.

Again if the 30mm was better modeled I think less people would complain about things like this.

Еh, I found CV9035DK enjoyable. It’s pretty much in-between 9030 and 9040: no 40mm HE-VT, but belt-fed so no annoying one-by-one reload; good survivability thanks to spall liners and composite armor + fuel tanks; APFSDS pens more than 30mm but less than 40mm with the same RoF.

But it’s more 30mm trashmaster problem than vehicle problem really

Too bad it’s still all sorts of borked but I also like the 9035, still not exactly BMD good but a solid in between or slightly lower performance vehicle imo, just this area in general in really compressed.

Still has 3 crew and goes up a br. Sits at the same br as the Begle and is almost universally inferior. Both 200 rpm, but the bagel gets prox and atgm at the cost of 40mm APFSDS vs 57mm APCBC

Well, I had quite a blast with it when I bought it during sales. Was grinding through 9.x with it quite well

Eh so so for the bagelpanzer, it’s fun but the ammo isn’t as good at angles like the 35mm, though it has the missile launcher to make up for that aspect, though mobility I think the CV is slightly better not to mention better anti machine gun armor. I’d say they are almost on par, gaijin just needs to add the anti air ammo for the 35s which have been in accepted hell for years now

Well sure you can have a blast with anything, it doesn’t excuse the fact that the weight is incorrect and it’s artificially held back in ammo same with the CV9030 and Mk IV

Idk, I didn’t find begel much better simply because I don’t have it.

Didn’t know it had those things wrong, but I’ve played CV9040B before purchasing the 35DK, and didn’t really find it inferior. More like different

But I did skip 30FIN cause the thing had bad reviews on it and wanted my braincells remain healthy

MG immunity is overrated. 30mm armor is effective vs any .50 and only the 14.5 on like 3 tanks is effective vs you frontally. Meanwhile you don’t instantly die to every turret hit due to crew placement, have a 4-12x zoom vs 7.3-8x, and can’t just be W-keyed by every russian tank.

Imo, all the cv90s could go down a BR, including the 9040 until it gets a reasonable rack reload rate. 66s to reload 24 shells is absurd. Not a single one would be OP.

Prox is HUGE. the reward for killing UAVs is very good and it counts for the kill total at the end of round exp boosts.

To put it bluntly I’ll use the MK IV for example

It’s 10.7 with the worst 30mm gun in game, it’s slower than all other spike carriers at 10.7 with no ability to shoot at drones (only 10.7 spike carrier to have neither drone lock on or anti air ammo) nor does it have anti air ammo like most of them do.

It has no remote control turret either and the reason it’s 10.7 is because it has 6x spikes despite the Freccias and stuff having 10x spikes and the fast during 25mm gun.

The armor is vastly underperforming on the MK IV so much so that gaijin gave it a fictional weight value and made it use the fully maxed combat weight it can carry troops included and also copied the CV9040C ammo which is why you get two full belts of 80 then 74 round since another belt despite going against the brochure for the vehicle.

So why would I want to play the worst 10.7 IFV in game?

Same logic applies to the CV9030 survivability? None it has a crewed turret, anti air ammo? It could but only vehicles with anti air tracking have it in game. Armor? Underperforming, weight? Same deal as the MK.IV, the 9035 also has these problems.

Again you can enjoy anything, people love vehicles the community considers bad, but me personally I’m not really interested in a vehicle which is objectively worse than vehicles below it in BR.


This guy hit my turret boxes so he just shot straight through the box and hit the ground behind me.

This is what peak 30mm damage looks like lol, now try aiming for those pixel perfect weak spots to kill tanks with this gun lol, imagine if that Abrams player didn’t absolutely miss 90% of my tank and hit my chassis, instant driver controls knocked, battery and FCs dead, nothing I can do to fight back, that or I just die instantly.

I don’t have 30mm trashmaster experience yet, and I am yet to go for 10.x to purchase vehicles there (waiting for sales to put SL in there).

Probably will touch Mk IV since it is likely to be my first Spike carrier