CV 90120 why is it on 11.3?

Recently I have got an CV 90120 and this was the biggest disappointment for a long time.
This light tank has good sight, not bad shell and good ballistics for it, autoloader (5s).
And that`s all.

The dynamics is pretty bad, you loose to take some point to every MBT on this tier (except Challenger perhaps). You cannot take frags with unexpected positions cause MBT come to it earlier.
You cant play and do something against MBTs on cities map. Cause this tank has 25.5 (top) turret turn speed. Compare to other 34` (Abrams, Leopard, T80s)

Okay, we have a shell with good penetration. 589mm for 500m on 0 angle. But this is not a surprise for tier and not even the advantage anymore, as it made for 2S25M on 10.0 BR btw. Autoloader. 5s this is good. But Abrams has the same 5s (not autoloader), Type 90 has 4s (autoloader) and its on 11.0 BR. This is not quite competitive, cause you will die after one shot on you, and you cannot answer with this feature.

I will not say about armor and survivability cause of it`s absence

So, this tank is supposed to play as sniper tank, but it has not any advantages to do something against MBTs on top tier.

I would like to recommend to make 11.0 or even 10.7 BR for this tank. Because now it`s not okay.

2 Likes

Tbh it is really good light tanks great optics LWS good reload speed mobility and firepower
Make it very deadly at long range map
But since dev want players to playing like idiots without flanking and sniping made this tank become useless

It’s not really meant to directly confront MBTs. Stealth is necessary.

While I could potentially see 11.0, at the same time, it would demolish in downtiers.

Eh, i agree and disagree. The bigger problem is most 10.3 and 10.7 imo do this things job better, sure it has decent pen but the spall, turret rotation, and size kill it imo. Additionally with how small maps are unless you can get to a spot fast which it is fast but not the greatest ill still take a car over it. IMO it is just kinda eh when compared to other options you have. Imo ill take it over any leopard because im a fan of the vehicle but we need to see the CV90120 with the MKIV chassis to really spice it up. Especially since this thing is a Psuedo real tank. Since its missing its smoke launcher system and is a pre 2006 model.

Absolute cinema seeing a player with the best tech tree in their hands complaining.

If you want to compare a light tank with a main battle tank you’re mostly wasting your time, how are you supposed to play a vehicle like the CV90120 in a close combat map? Flanking, you’re not going to tank shots, one of the biggest advantages is the chassis mobility and seems you’re not using it in your favor.

Type 10 and variations, Challenger and variations also has a slow moving turret, never seen a soul complaining about it. But the fact the Type 90 is 11.0 despite getting the same performance of the late Type 10, I don’t know this BR difference, maybe just to fill some gaps, despite not a 10.0 existing in Japan.

Not to mention the fact that CV90 chassis is very good at neutral steering which somewhat offsets the mediocre targeting speed.

@SirTaror
CV90120 has best firepower of the entire Swedish TT due to 5s reload and 600mm pen dart. Also has amazing optics + thermals suite, some of the best on a ground vehicle.

Yeah armor is poor but what do you expect? It’s a light tank, flank with it. I wouldn’t say the CV90105 is worse than a Leopard 2A4 because it is less survivable. Like the 90105, the 90120 has advantages over MBTs of its BR that must be exploited to perform well.

So why you’re complaining early and now stating it has advantages over the mbts?

It also has scout UAV and scouting. You can pretty much enter an engagement full of information.

Wouldnt be suprised if they both reallistically reload in 7,5 seconds and not 5 seconds like in game.
There’s bug report showing that CV90105 and wheeled version of it reload in 7,5 seconds, not 5 like in game.
Sadly was ignored due to “balancing” reasons.

You mean because of Dmitriy?😂

“My favorite nation is Sweden”

1 Like

It has an amazing thermal gen and FCS with is commander and gunner sight placement and amazing commander sight zoom. It also has an outstanding reload rate that doesn’t require any crew qualification, great mobility and power to weight ratio, an amazing APFS-DS round and frag round for light vehicles, scouting, a drone, and a good reverse speed.
Did I mention it also gets a coaxial .50 cal?

Absolutely not, its an amazing light tank at 11.3.

11.0 would be silly, 10.7 would be outright broken.

Most Japanese tanks have these problems, the type 16 shares the same turret speed as their mbts and the TKX (P) weighs exactly the same as the TKX which foesnt make sense. I assume a lot of information is just not really available as to why the stats are pretty horrid. Though i have a soft spot for the TKX cause imo its much better then the type 90s at the same BR. (Rip my 11.0 lineup since the Type 81 is 11.3)

Eh, if things were more decompressed id agree for it to be .7 below the current top tier but with everything as it is rn its alright where its at. Its pretty nice for sniping and thats really a pretty big advantage on maps with the 24X commander optics letting you shoot from behind cover at 2km out lol.

Eh, the APFSDS leaves a lot to be desired imo. There are cases where DM33 feels better for spalling then M/95, also the pen is horribly underperforming from IRL but so is like every other MBT so its fine. Also bonus if you can use the HE shell and drone to artillery targets from 2km out. Ive done it once on a pantsir and never again lol.

1 Like

I was replying to you in the first paragraph and replying to the original poster in the subsequent two

Oh Christ, I’m sorry.