Current issues with spaa and cas

So I hear everyone saying get over it and its balanced as is, but for nations like japan or isreal, (two nations i have grinded) why do they not get any spaa that can at least tickle any guided munition throwing aircraft platform, anything past 6kms they are helpless to any sort of munition. In my opinion instead of adding any new mbts they should focus heavily on spaa or much better an idea balancing air to ground. Though I know Gajin will never do this so its realistically wasted.

3 Likes

Playing Sweden during 5.7 and 6.7 is a nightmare too, we only get the Lvkv 42 with the low 850 m/s 40mm bofors

And now 7.7 to 8.7…

i didnt think id ever say this but, it got worse

2 Likes

They definitely need to add more GOOD SPAA into the game (and id like to see them nerf CAS in about 10 different ways)

But sweden is definitely the one with the worst SPAA gaps in the game (all the way up to like 7.7 its got basically no SPAA, that is good at killing planes)

And you got US with a major one between 2.7 and 7.7. We have the M19 and M42 but it’s really not cut out for the job of fighting most CAS aircraft with it’s turret traverse. Especially since most aircraft aren’t scared to strafe SPAA. There’s also Germany with 3.7 to like 7.3, but I’d say that’s slightly better with having the kugel and now Zerstorer

If intercepting munitions is the route Gaijin wants to take for balancing CAS in ground battles they need to provide rewards for doing so.

As for vehicles that perform this function:

There are options.

1 Like

yup, true. The M16 and the other are actually pretty good (but i swear the past few months they nerfed their dmg… and now it just does “hits” even tho ive lit up planes with them and just… did NO damage… which… is BS)

“Especially since most aircraft aren’t scared to strafe SPAA.”

They absolutely arent scared. CAS counters SPAA, hard. CAS counters everything in the game… (other than heavy tanks, but if they have bombs or rockets or High pen guns, then yup… they obliterate heavies too)

2 Likes

You do? You mean, in the existing threads on this topic?

1 Like

What? 7.7 Sweden has an amazing SPAA now, and 8.7 has a good SPAA still.

Amazing is an exaggeration.

1 Like

Tbh the radar on that thing feels useless to anything faster that your average helicopter

The ammount of times this gets posted, I’m amazed the moderators don’t have an alert for the mentioning of CAS, to actually shut these down rather than having to have Stona come in to close them individually without any comment…

Seems dumb that people haven’t got the hint, or that they ignore this sort of thing, proclaim they are louder, and keep posting regardless of the sentiment.

If you were to suggest additions to those various trees of vehicles they can actually have, then maybe this would be all good, but you’d have to actually post the suggestion, not the discussion of wishful thinking and keep spamming.

3 Likes

Nothing since 2018 even though this is pointed out countless times.

Anything but actually ask. Too busy wanting to dump on other players and drag out every discussion.

people have done this their are multiple additions requested for all tech trees, but instead we get a new mbt or spg. As per the norm, because god forbid anyone getting a semi competent spaa.

3 Likes

People sit in spawn in SPAA with radar on and are shocked they getting bombed as priority.

SPAA is fine, try moving away from spawn. 2nd line behind your team is usually solid spot to sit at because you can stop revenge CAS, and will have good line of sight for planes approach.

Turn off your radar and use your eyes. Radar just gives you away and you are loosing element of suprise. The moment CAS see that ping on RWR they will start looking. When they dont get RWR they will be more aggresive, and learn how to not use lock to guide missiles.

1 Like

Nah, there’s no actual proper SPAA suggestions, there’s commonly discussion posts, but nothing with the required data or the actual information required to get the attention of those that it needs to.

both of the isreali and japans spaa have zero radar and only (off the top oof my head 6km max range/ 8? cant remember the type83c) yes sitting in spawn with radars is def the issue

The real problem is that this game forces You to play with 15 random teammates who have different view on what they want from the battle or what they see as ‘fun’.

No matter how much more SPAA gets added or how overpowered they will be over aircraft, nothing will change for people who want to play tanks.

1 Like

At top tier we could just have complete radar coverage by default, no army operates without it… any SPAA without radar at that BR is absurd.

We also need more proxy shell and remove tracers for SPAA.

The issue is that SPAA can’t truely be balanced because of how gaijin wants the game to be.

If You balance it by capability then poor air players who have ‘earned’ their way into the air (by mostly capping a zone or killing someone) won’t be able to do anything to it. Most of air users will crash while trying to bomb or miss their target (that is why the issue of balance is neglected by some).

1 Like

The issue is that SPAA can’t truely be balanced because of how gaijin wants the game to be.

The way they want it to be is a playground for CAS because they can monetize an entire air tree whilst SPAA doesn’t earn them money.

And yeah ‘‘earned’’ when a single kill gets you this