Current issues with spaa and cas

I’m able to spawn into AH-1F with 8x ATGMs by just capping a zone with reserve tank

3 Likes

CAS costs can easily be doubled and have people actually earn it.

Issue is that then most of the players would’t be able to spawn in it.

Not to mention that for many, air is the only way to deal with certain spots/tanks as they don’t want to get better.

Issue is that then most of the players would’t be able to spawn in it.

Good… back in the day you couldn’t even spawn a second tank in RB if you didn’t do well enough… you had to get that capture and a kill just to get a respawn, nowadays you can spawn a fully loaded CAS jet or heli for less.

So we are back to the main issue, gaijin doesn’t want the game to be hard

It’s not hard, just reasonably balanced that vehicles that dominate the game are not handed out like candy whilst counters to them are hardly counters.

Just respawn in a tank instead.

But without this vechicles available for most, the game is not easy for them, thus hard.

Again, the main problem is that this game doesn’t want to be hard for players.

Try telling an air user that he should use tank to deal with SPAA if he can’t deal with it with air and see how he responds ;)

That’s literally just skill issue then, if you don’t like using a tank to fight a tank then go play air AB, air RB or Sim and you don’t have to deal with it.

So the response will be ‘but combined arms’ and ‘this game was air from the beginning’.

We already had hundreds discussions like that.

SPAAs will never be truely an answear to the air ‘balance issue’.

So the response will be ‘but combined arms’ and ‘this game was air from the beginning’.

It’s combined arms until you ask them why you can’t research helicopters with air and then suddenly they’re polar opposite from each other and have nothing to do with it and you’re an idiot for suggesting it despite both being air vehicles and operating in the same battlefield.

Turns out it’s an argument that only counts when it supports their actions.

1 Like

I agree with ULQ_LOVER about Gajin deciding that CAS is for less skilled players to deal with certain things on the map. It is not a new concept in game design really. Most games have some form of that aka “low skill, high reward” mechanic.

In game development it was given term “noob tube mechanic”. It comes from Modern Warfare where low skilled players would spam granade launcher to get kills. It is same type of deal here, you need it in games simple as that.

CAS mains trying to shut down discussion of CAS?

Honestly quite incredible.

1 Like

I just use the features of the game. Are you also going to call me an artillery main, or rush capper main for merely playing the objective and trying to get kills without directly engaging?

It’s funny with all these coin terms regarding people that merely oppose the want of players who only want one thing done and one thing alone?

That is after all, what it actually boils down to.

1 Like

If they add a good spaa people complain that it’s way too OP.

If they add a good CAS people complain that it’s way too OP.

Remove CAS and Spaa oorra!!!

not really… CAS is by Far the most problematic… CAS counters everything, including itself… soo its not the same thing, at all

1 Like

the issue is there is only 1 good spaa, and its russian. The other spaa cant even touch most other guided munition launched jets due to missile range.

As Minor nations the chances of an All Israeli or All Japanese team are next to none.

Gaps exist often filled by other members of a side.

Not so much Israel due to the half tree situation but Japan have some of the best CAP which is generally easier to use and more effective than general SPAA.

Again, minor nations in general do not play solo and if one plays and supports using strengths available it becomes less an issue in my opinion.

Hopefully Gaijin has plans to add Thai SPAA/SAM and other needed vehicles for Japan. idk anything for or about Israel though.

I mean even major nations have gaps and even at top tier are helpless to anything over 12km