Crew Skills Need to Be Removed

Boring ,goodbye.

Just takes one person with the cash to say hand on there I paid for a certain thing, and you have removed it.

That’s why you DON’T REMOVE IT. You keep it, but you give it to new people for free instead.

Making it no longer P2W but also impossible to file lawsuit over because you DIDN’T REMOVE IT

Can anybody tell me that will not ever happen here

Yes, a lawsuit over “removing something” that wouldn’t have been removed will indeed never happen here, because it makes no sense at simple face value.

We live in a world of Ambulance chasers.

Except in this case, there never was an ambulance at all. We don’t live in a world of “Lawyers running down empty streets where there never was an ambulance to begin with”

What is this drivel you post? Crew skills? Why are they not removed? Because people paid for them that is why…Next!!

What more is there to say?

Because I clearly described how you can totally resolve the issue of them being Pay 2 Win without needing to remove them.

Just keep them (don’t remove them) but give them for free to anyone who doesn’t have them.

Weren’t you supposed to have blocked me and not cared about this topic btw?

@EddieVanHalo and @A_Cute_Chihuahua you’re both WAY off topic. Do the rest of us a favour and take it to private message.
Please!

3 Likes

There’s a suggestion related to this topic:

This is extremely on topic.

• The OP doesn’t like crew skills because they’re P2W and wants to remove them

• Removing them could risk a lawsuit, as Eddie points out, a wrench in the works for OP’s suggestion

• So I gave a way to still fix OP’s P2W problem but NOT remove them in the process, thus fixing the lawsuit issue, but still addressing OP’s issue: Simply give them for free instead to everyone.

It’s also a better solution than the one Alvis linked, which also risks a lawsuit UNLIKE giving them for free to everyone.

1 Like

Heh, i was wondering if i should talk about this suggestion elsewhere, maybe other ppl will just do it for me.

And maybe, gaijin will approve my 4 pending suggestions

1 Like

Anyways, since ive never seen this topic before, i personally think most crew skills are fine, but i loathe the targeting and driving skill on modern vehicles, since the skill of the gunner or driver shouldnt affect how fast a automatic transmission or electric turret drive acts

By the time a player gets to a high level do they not have reasonable crew skills anyway? The issue with top tier players having no crew skills because they “paid to win” a high-level premium with no games played.
Another bug bear of the war Thunder community.

[I didn’t want this conversation]

If you didn’t want a conversation about how to get around an easily bypassed obstacle, maybe you could have considered not bringing up an objection about the easily bypassed obstacle in the first place.

It’s good that you did, because now we came up with a more robust solution that avoids that, which is better than the OP’s original version. But you didn’t have to.

No Idea what you meant there or what it is related to.

It is related to your post where you said you didn’t want to have this conversation, and then requested deadly violence against me after that which got it flagged and removed or deleted by you. Then I replied to the non violent, sane part with a summary in [square brackets] to paraphrase that part

If you don’t want to have conversations about things like lawsuit vulnerability, maybe don’t START the conversations

I don’t want deadly violence against you, in fact I love you. X.

For ground at least, there is not many skills that will be affecting your performance right off the start. Driving and targeting do this, as well as reloading, but lets ignore them for now.
Ofc, there are the survivability skills such as repairing, agility, repairing, vitality, but they dont come into play until you do get hit. I can see why low survivability would be irritating for both the player and teammates, but in terms of lvl 10 premium players, they could spend the ge they got in the pack on crew xp which would smoothly take them to like lvl 50 or so crew level.

Well, assuming they know to spend their ge on crew xp and also know how to distribute it.

For targeting, driving, and reloading, nearly no one will have this maxed out. I personally have a ace type 10, because i bought a talisman to complete the second half of the xp grind, but nearly all players will not have the proper realistic turret traverse or gear changing of their respective modern tank.

In terms of reloading, it more or less is balanced around max reloading + expert = same or marginally better reload than the russian tank at the same br:
105mm cannons have a reload of 7.1 expert, which keeps it at the same rate as russian tanks at that br
120mm cannons have a reload of 6.36 expert, which is marginally better than russian tanks reload of 6.5 seconds.
Personally, I think reloading should be faster and maybe a little cheaper, but the current system has 99% of the playerbase capped at the same reload rate as russian tanks.

Why do 120mm cannons have a faster rate though? Idk, I heard ppl say theres more room, but I’ve seen plenty of videos of all kinds of tanks reload in less than 5 seconds.
Theres like two videos of the type 16 that showcase a reload slightly over 2 seconds.

2 Likes

I think it’s fun to develop your crews over time as you want them. We all have to start at the beginning. Big issue is poor Israel who come in at 6.0 and have zero crew skills.
That I do find unfair.
I think we should show more respect to those players who have put ten years into the game instead of spoiled newbie kids demanding the same skills after only a few games.
Do your time, earn the respect like everybody else I say.

2 Likes

spoiled newbie kids demanding the same skills after only a few games.

“I deserve a special advantage in the game and to win even if I’m not actually good at the game” is the textbook definition of YOU being spoiled/entitled, not the newbies.

If you’ve been around for years, you should be able to beat newbies using what you’ve learned and honed skill-wise. If you haven’t learned anything and still don’t have better skills to beat newbies fair and square, despite those years, you should not get spoiled by being given an artificial crutch to prop up your winrate and your ego. You should just deservedly lose games a lot for still somehow being worse than newbies after all that time.

1 Like

Crew skills is a simulation of crew experience nothing more. I am not going to go round in circles for another hour over. You argued for so long over the simple point of player/customer litigation over DLC. Then you write this :

We dont need a massive argument over every point made on this forum.
Crew skills are a small deal overall. They take a very long time to accumulate, or you can pay quite a lot of money to get them on every nation (and are people doing that? we don’t know and we don’t know to what extent).If it takes years to do then OK. Time served.

It is the Down tiers that are seal clubbing and I include myself in that. I find my ratio can double in a down tier, different topic but the forum would be so much better if it united to tackle the real issues in the game instead of fawning over tiny details that really don’t matter much.

1 Like

I generally disagree. Crew skills are here to differentiate experienced ppl and crews from noobish ones. They make sense logically and gameplay wise. It’s a obstacle only if you’re paid your way to top tier, as it should be.
Most of the people you encounter will not invest GE into crew skills. I have silver star qualification on several of my often used premiums, GE ace qualification I’ve never bought, it’s just too expensive.

Now we can discuss on the ability to directly buy crew skills, either ace crews or directly by levels. I would not mind those being removed, no.

Your pixel computer game crew =/= YOU. Them being “more skilled” in simulation world is not you being more skilled. So this does not change the fact that you are saying “[you] deserve a special advantage in the game and to win even if [you’re] not actually good at the game” and was not a coherent reply.

Crew skills are a small deal overall.

Great, then I guess you wouldn’t mind them being made obsolete (by giving them for free to everyone), if it’s such a small deal and doesn’t matter. No big deal, no big loss, right?

Of course you know full well that they aren’t actually a small thing at all, which is why you’re so invested to keep them, because you want an unfair advantage over others. You want to keep being spoiled and keep getting your un-earned entitlements. This suggestion threatens that. We can’t have that.